The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unliftable (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
I bought this and was wondering about availability of the products required here in the UK. I posted a question on Penguin and there was a good reply with suggested online UK links, so anyone living in the UK buying this can check out the reply and should be able to get the stuff to make this work for a few £
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
It sounds like one sheet of the material will allow you to create at least a dozen gimmicks. My question is: how long does a gimmick last before it needs to be peeled off and replaced? Thank you for your insight.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Rob. If you decide to go for this let me know and I will share materials cost with ya.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
iñaki z
View Profile
New user
Madrid,Spain
10 Posts

Profile of iñaki z
Hi Rob, the material will last a lot of months. Time to time you have to change the card case as normal we do. But the gimmick could be recovered for the next card case. In the glass, for example, will last years.
Iñaki, unliftable's creator.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
For what its worth guys I have a fairly large quantity of 8 and 1/2 by 11 inch sheets of the proper material for this. MUCH cheaper to ship and less expensive .PM me if anyone wants any.
Thanks Scott
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
I have been playing with this for a few weeks now and am loving it when used on my phone. I have a iPhone 6 plus and the back of it with out a case is ideal for this gimmick the white section framed with grey on top and bottom completely hides the gimmick . Spectators have looked close at it with no issue. I also find a solid object like a phone seems to work best.The card case, if it has too much "give" does not tend to have the same holding power. The phone being rigid does not really rise above the surface at all and due to its thin edges it helps with the difficulty of someone lifting it.
I can not lift it even though I know the workings! My 2 cents but I like this with the phone best.
iñaki z
View Profile
New user
Madrid,Spain
10 Posts

Profile of iñaki z
Hi Scott,I'm glad you like unliftable. On the deck, you can put the gimmick directly on the cellophane. Then put some cards under the other cellophane side so that get more "rigid". I warranty that works very well too.
Kind regards,
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
I guess I ordered the wrong material.it's too soft. When I lift it kinda works but you can see the gimmick because it doesn't stay flat. Could anyone from Germany send me the link to a working "version"? would appreciate that!
iñaki z
View Profile
New user
Madrid,Spain
10 Posts

Profile of iñaki z
Simon, I guess you purchased unliftable from Penguin. In the private penguin forum you can get the correct link in Germany.
I hope this help you. Let us know, please.
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
I've read this topic with huge inferest. It's not expensive so I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy this but I worry about making th own gimmick.

From a complete beginners point of view how easy is this to build and perform. When controlling the gimmick do you need any fancy sleights or such. I suspect not but just want to confirm before I buy.

Cheers
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
@inakiz: yes, indeed, thank you! I normally don't look into the discussion board at my penguin purchases!
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2018, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
I guess I ordered the wrong material.it's too soft. When I lift it kinda works but you can see the gimmick because it doesn't stay flat. Could anyone from Germany send me the link to a working "version"? would appreciate that!

I am not sure if you did order the wrong stuff Simon. I may be wrong but as I mentioned earlier a few posts up I find the card case EVEN with extra cards placed under cellophane as creator suggested to me still has more give than a solid object. I do not think its the material you bought but rather the slight "give" in the cardboard of the box. Even if you watch the video around the 2:18 to 2:30 mark there is a small gap between table and card case as they lift. On a darker surface its more visible than a clear one for sure. I have the right material and find, as mentioned in my above post that solid objects conceal the gimmick better when its being lifted. As they have no flex. I think whats happening to you is NOT a result of the gimmick being soft but it is the card box "flexing" from the centre contact point enough to allow card case to be lifted slightly higher than desired. I would try adding cards under cellophane as creator suggests but before you give up on the material try it on an uncased cell phone you may be surprised, if it still does not work then you may be right and have the wrong material . I sent you a PM with some other thoughts .
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
Has anyone tried this in the real world yet to see if the spectator just rips this thing off of the table? I know with my card box, it only grips the table for only about 2 or 3 seconds with steady pulling. I'm thinking this could be an issue.
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2018, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:

I am performing this tomorrow and I plan on doing a routine where the spectator can't lift the card case after a small silk is put on top of it. This will completely conceal the gimmick. The silk that I am using is a yellow, thin silk that is see through so the card case can be seen through the silk but the gimmick cannot be seen.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, dennye wrote:
Has anyone tried this in the real world yet to see if the spectator just rips this thing off of the table? I know with my card box, it only grips the table for only about 2 or 3 seconds with steady pulling. I'm thinking this could be an issue.

I have done it after much practice with both the phone and a card case. I stand by my previous comments the more solid the object the better the adhesion is. I have abandoned the card case as I think the cardboard has too much give . The iPhone with out a case (or at least my tests) is working great done it several times and NO One has been able to lift it .This is based on the fact that the phone is so thin and the principle involved. To me and only my opinion card cases have too much give and as result can reveal the gimmick for those who are seated at a table. If standing you can get away with it. also bending gimmick as suggested in the video makes a HUGE difference
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
It sounds like you can place the object on the table and the spectator will have trouble lifting it. Yet you can "disengage" the gimmick to lift the object quite easily.

Does the gimmick engage automatically whenever placing the object down? I would like to be able to place it down and have the spec pick it up easily, then place it down again and have it be unliftable. Much like a standard light & heavy chest.

Is that doable? If so then one presentation idea when using a phone is to pull up images from the gallery. Display a photo of a light object and the phone is easy to pick up. Display a very heavy object and the phone is suddenly heavy. With proper premise and patter, this could be quite interesting. It doesn't have to be images of light and heavy objects either. That's just the most obvious example of this idea applied.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Rob you can do what you are describing but the spectator would not be able to lift it at your will. You could but they won't.In the case of a deck of cards you could place it on the table so they can easily lift it but then you would have to flip it over for them not to be able to.As for as the gimmick auto engaging yes if the gimmick is face down on the table top. PM me if you have more questions.
iñaki z
View Profile
New user
Madrid,Spain
10 Posts

Profile of iñaki z
Scott, you are able to "lead" the spectator so he take the object for the correct way to lift without his knowledge. With both hands, for example..
Rob, many of your doubts are clarify in the PDF file attached.
Kind regards, Iñaki.
iñaki z
View Profile
New user
Madrid,Spain
10 Posts

Profile of iñaki z
Hi again, If you don't have unliftable yet and you want it to, downloading from the following link http://thinkingparadox.com/course/unliftable/ and applying coupon " magoinaki " in the purchase process you will get 10% off. I hope this help you. Thanks for the support.
Fernando_Figueras
View Profile
New user
Madrid
12 Posts

Profile of Fernando_Figueras
Hi everybody!

Buff, really? Sometimes I think perfect boxing, packaging and ready to go items are making magicians really lazy...

I bought UNLIFTABLE as soon as I saw the video.
First because I have known Inaki for many years and I felt really proud of this beautiful idea.
Second to support my very good friends from Thinking Paradox because they are releasing outstanding material with fresh and inspiring ideas.
Third because it fits me so much.

The joy I felt when I had to start looking around the city I am living this week for the materials! Asking from shop to shop, going to the suppliers by bus... and while on the way thinking of the joy I will feel when performing this routine, writing down the different ideas that this product was bringing to my head and doing my shopping as I was already out anyway.

I didn't find the product Smile and when I was home a few hours later... I saw it on top of my living room table!!

If you have ever purchased any Card-Shark product you have it!
The clear plastic boxes they use in their packaging works perfect. It is not exactly the same material but it works perfectly.

Christian Schenk has just made several of them with a professional guillotine and a corner rounder out of those boxes in a few minutes.
I will take them with me to Blackpool convention tomorrow so if anybody (who has already bought the video, of course! Smile) want one just ask me and I will gladly share them with you.

Felicitaciones, Inaki Smile
The most intense and underground gathering for English speaking magicians in Madrid, Spain:
www.campusmagico.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unliftable (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL