The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Project: Swiss Army (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Pegasus, what does “WPR” stand for?
ike_hill
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ike_hill
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2018, Yepski wrote:
Pegasus, what does “WPR” stand for?

Wizard Product Review

World Magic Shop's bi-weekly review show on YouTube.
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Hocus Pocus has this up for a pre-order.

Arthur
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I did a live launch on this last night.

Plus we have it listed here https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ick.html

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
gfcal
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of gfcal
Thanks for sharing this Mark. As much as I like the idea of being able to show the deck all around, as compared to Extractor, I don’t see it as necessary. The part that concerned me was that I believe you said a card must be forced. That, relative to Extractor, is a limitation that inclines me to stick with Extractor.

Cal
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
A card does not have to be forced.

I will stick with the extractor only because I can extract two cards that have been placed ANYWHERE into the deck. And I can freely show the card case to be normal by the way I hold the extractor. I also use Liam Montiers effect where multiple selections end up on top of the deck after they have been placed anywhere in the deck by the specs. A fantastic gimmicked deck but can’t remember the name of it. I shall definitely pass on this.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
The Extractor is a great gimmick I have one myself.

Swiss Army offers options and things the Extractor can't do.

It depends if you value the additional things and displays you can do with this.

Pegasus is actually right you don't have to force a card if you handle this like you would the Extractor, my comments were based on using this one deck out in the open from the start which for many will be a big advantage.

The 2 items although capable of aiding the removal of a card from a deck are different and both have there advantages.

If you already own the Extractor are happy with it and don't see a need for cleaner displays and don't want to do any of the other effects shown then you don't really need this.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Project: Swiss Army.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Another deck that does only one thing that no one can handle and you need to replace a signed card every time you use it. Think that I will pass on this.My extractor sits on the shelf where it has been since I got it.

Arthur
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
And this would only join it Arthur. Imo.
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2018, pegasus wrote:
And this would only join it Arthur. Imo.

Right Pegasus. Is there a magician out there that carries a suitcase of trick decks like this so that he/she can perform all of these amazing tricks that are capable of being performed once? Also, it just seems kind of dumb to show how great you are having the capability to remove a card from a deck that it was just inserted into after putting it in your pocket. It screams "trick box or deck". Do you then switch for another deck if someone says show me the deck? How many decks like this can one carry around with them? What should I have in my pocket today? The Little Door, the Penguin marked deck, The Extractor, The Epic deck, the Phantom deck, The invisible deck, the Brainpower deck etc, etc?. All of them bulging from my pockets. How about all of the decks with various back designs? What is the point? Which back design should I use today? Oh wait, that is different from my bicycle back or Phoenix back or "Special" back that is often hawked by the Café in your PM box. Do people really use these? Do people question why you changed to a different deck to perform your next "miracle"? Why not use the same deck?
I'm not a card magician per se, but if that was my bread and butter, I would delve into Erdnase, Vernon, Lorrayne or a couple of other good books on card magic and stay away from the thousands of trick decks or cute backs that will be used once or never again. There is enough in these books to last a lifetime, and most often, the skill gained will elevate you far beyond trick decks.You don;t become a good magician by using trick decks.

When will it come to an end?

Arthur
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It’s rubbish like this that keep magic shops in business. Not by me now though, I’m glad to say.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I've just watched Kaas's review. You do that with an ungimmicked deck. Just force the card and have a dupe ready in your pocket. Or folded under your watch. Or anywhere you like!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2018, Ross W wrote:
I've just watched Kaas's review. You do that with an ungimmicked deck. Just force the card and have a dupe ready in your pocket. Or folded under your watch. Or anywhere you like!

It is a signed card you use in the effect.

I think the reviews and the way this is being sold are very honest, to give this item a hard time is not really justified, it does exactly what it shows.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Even WPR state that you’ll be less than impressed when you see the gimmick.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
That is out of context.

He then went on to say when you watch the tutorial you will see how you can then use this and if you like what you will see you will like it, or words to that effect.

I agree you will not be impressed by the gimmick but it works, that is what counts.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Your correct Mark in what you said regarding the WPR review.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Yes but what they mean is that you’ll be disappointed that you paid so much for so little.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Mark is right about Swiss Army. It doesn't make sense at all to compare it with an ungaffed version of it. The advantage of gimmicks is to allow things which will be impossible otherwise. You can't sign a card, or do it as cleanly as with this kind of material without that gimmick. That's the reason why I love gimmick. Not because these are called "gimmicks" but because I love powerful effects. I want to be able to use the best effects possible. And if gimmicks allow me to push the limits even further, then, no problem, I will buy those that I need. My only issue is with the preparation and pocket space in general. I have many gimmicks, but I have to choose which one to use each time I'm going to perform. Regarding my impromptu effects, I can execute them almost anytime, anywhere. For gimmicks (except a few ones, e.g., ring fligt device, Quantum Bender, my gaff decks, gaff coins/purses) I generally can't use them anytime, anywhere.

I have Extractor 2.0 as well (though I don't use it often, I usually don't have enough pocket space because of the mentalism stuff I carry with me, and which take big space). I'm curious about this one too...
nicpicot
View Profile
New user
uk
20 Posts

Profile of nicpicot
I prefer to find a chosen card in the box when the spectator cannot find his card in the deck! Some of my tricks work with borrowed decks not special bike cards. The swiss deck is no use to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Project: Swiss Army (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL