The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pure Mentalism by Nico Heinrich (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Nico Heinrich
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Nico Heinrich
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2018, Tempesta wrote:
Also, MadisonH's review from 2017 scares me

Then maybe it's not for you! I'm not trying to please everyone with my work, I only publish what I like to do and what works FOR ME. A lot of my stuff isn't 100%, however, that isn't a problem to me because I am able to think on my feet. For some people, the ideas may even seem "underdeveloped" - that is because I prefer concepts over polished routines, as I want to trigger people's imagination and creativity. I want to offer ideas and tools for my reader to create or update his own routines with. If you are not capable of reading between the lines and thinking on your own - don't purchase it.

Much love,

Nico
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2018, Nico Heinrich wrote:
If you are not capable of reading between the lines and thinking on your own - don't purchase it.

Much love,

Nico

This last line is a little condescending.

I didn’t write the review. I AM interested in your work, BUT I don’t care about how good your friends think your ideas are—I care about their merit in reference to MY criteria. Not every idea is good, and not every release is valuable. The mentalist community has been burned on too many poorly developed products and ideas—prospective buyers like me are just exercising discretion.

Turner’s DID2 was absolutely astounding and I am a huge cheerleader of that product, but if someone releases something terrible, it’s entirely possible for it to be a dud, cashgrab, or poorly developed. This is the social contract you sign when you release material. You’re essentially saying your material is either great, or the consumer is too ignorant to “get it.”

I was interested in reading more reviews on this, or new opinions on old reviews, but I’ll read between the lines of your previous comment and save my time and money.
//Sean Beard
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Is this 'release' a collection of releases in one book [?]

Were the chapters originally 4 seperate PDFs [?]

What's the page count of the book [?]

Sorry for all the questions - I just tried to research the book a bit - and seemed to come up with pages for the same title 'Pure Mentalism' but seemingly with less content

Thanks for any clarification
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
The effects in 'Pure Mentalism' sound great! Based on the ad copy, and some of the previous reviews, I'm sure I will get a lot out of this. Having purchased a number of things over the last month, I just need to get saving again! Looking forward to it though.

- Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) - limited release
'Tacitus' (non-verbal propless effect) - limited release
Nico Heinrich
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Nico Heinrich
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Is this 'release' a collection of releases in one book [?]

Were the chapters originally 4 seperate PDFs [?]

What's the page count of the book [?]

Sorry for all the questions - I just tried to research the book a bit - and seemed to come up with pages for the same title 'Pure Mentalism' but seemingly with less content

Thanks for any clarification
Hello Duster!

There where four volumes with mixed material, now you get all four in one book. It has 92 pages.

Cheers,

Nico
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Thanks

So the book is a new release... a collection - that all makes sense now

Are there to be more volumes in the series [?] or is this series/book - now complete [?]

Thanks again, and sorry for all the questions again
Nico Heinrich
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Nico Heinrich
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Thanks

So the book is a new release... a collection - that all makes sense now

Are there to be more volumes in the series [?] or is this series/book - now complete [?]

Thanks again, and sorry for all the questions again

No worries! The collection of Pure Mentalism is complete now. I will definitely release material of the same style in the future but it will be named differently.

Cheers,

Nico
Nico Heinrich
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Nico Heinrich
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2018, Tempesta wrote:
You're essentially saying your material is either great, or the consumer is too ignorant to "get it."
I'm only saying that my material isn't all "ready to perform" for the lazy, non-imaginative reader. If Madison's review "scared" you, you probably expect some "convenience mentalism", which PM is not.

Quote:
On Apr 29, 2018, Dr Ross wrote:
The effects in 'Pure Mentalism' sound great! Based on the ad copy, and some of the previous reviews, I'm sure I will get a lot out of this.
You will!

Cheers,

Nico
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just ordered the physical, hard copy. I look forward in reading it.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Nico Heinrich
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Nico Heinrich
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
I just ordered the physical, hard copy. I look forward in reading it.
Michael

Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Nico
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Thanks to all the guys on here that have ordered Smile Make sure to come back and leave your thoughts on here when you have read it! Smile
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
I’m looking forward to getting a physical copy of this at some point! I have so many PDFs, it’s rare that I’ll also get a physical copy but this is one of those books hat I wish to have on my bookshelf along with the other Mentalism masterpieces on there.
I read through ‘Cocaine’ again today and I love the thought behind it. Being able to pick up on details of 3 thoughts that are not written, and using a OA you could nail all three thoughts very easily, and the OA will be SOOO deceptive because you seemingly know details of exactly what they are thinking when you claim to be writing said information.

This WILL be used. I must read over the rest of the book again!!
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Hi everybody,

I am extremely busy at the moment and wish I had time to review the effects one-by-one. So, I will only say what I think about PURE MENTALISM.

Well... I will simply go straight to the point, and say it's one of the best purchases I did lately. Now, I will be totally frank and precise that it might not be for everyone. Nico's approach to Mentalism is so similar to mine that it feels weird when I read his work. His material is 'minimalistic' (is that a word??), NO GIMMICKS (that IS very important for me) like nail writers, special wallets, marked decks etc. , and... I would say "REAL". Yes, REAL, that's how I define pieces like COCAINE, which is worth the price of the entire book/pdf alone. I use COCAINE very often, and every single time it feels like the real thing. This is truly something I wish I came up with. Dαmned Nico, I wish you never released that. It's -in the right hands- a weapon. Prop-less, anytime/anywhere... What else could one ask for? Now, I think it takes a certain level of confidence to perform this piece, but take my word for it: perform this with confidence and showmanship, and you are the real thing. If it does not work for you then I'm ashamed to admit that the αsshole part buried deep inside of me is happy. The less people performing that the better.

Forgotten Impressions is a piece I heard people rave about, and I can understand why. A simple idea, yet... Imagine that: if you work on a predetermined set of words/objects (like... starsigns for example) you can know what they're thinking of without them writing anything down, saying anything, without anagrams... Very nice... I used it only once though, but it worked like a charm.

A routine I love is Subliminal Opener. Oh I have fun with this... A real crowd-pleaser I would say, as they really feel they learned something about suggestion.

Nico throws a lot of ideas as well, and they can be added to your own pieces very easily. One I found amazing is his Intense Reality idea. Simply beautiful. A real gem. If you have a routine where you have your spectator close her eyes, I will mute the ***hole inside of me and ask you to use this. You get an amazing extra-effect with no risk, for free.

Some stuff are more... classical, like Physical Emotions, which uses 2 billets and which, when done to the right person, will make her leave you with a smile. Beautiful, and you will love Nico's idea with the... "switching" Smile

Other little touches like "I Can't Read You" are well worth considering, and concepts like "The Rotary Knob" will certainly appeal to those of you that walk off the beaten path (those in elemental stuff or real suggestion in this particular case)...

I will stop here but all I can say is that I PERSONALLY loved it. There is NO way I sincerely believe that you will NOT get SOMETHING from Pure Mentalism. This is the kind of work I wish I could see more often. As this is the kind of stuff that, once learned, will stick with you forever, long after your marked deck and nail writer have died. This is the stuff that, as I say, brings you one step closer to being real. In my humble opinion that is. Always.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
I can only agree with Phedon: "Pure Mentalism" is a goldmine and Nico is brilliant! Smile
Nico Heinrich
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Nico Heinrich
Thank you, Phedon and Adrien - I really appreciate your feedback!

Much love,

Nico
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
What's the name guess like? As in is the procedure complicated/long? The description seems too good to be true!
This book looks like it would fit my style of performance pretty well but I just wanted to ask before my purchase.
Michael
Nico Heinrich
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Nico Heinrich
Quote:
On May 17, 2018, Magidoc wrote:
What's the name guess like? As in is the procedure complicated/long? The description seems too good to be true!
This book looks like it would fit my style of performance pretty well but I just wanted to ask before my purchase.
Michael
Hey Michael! This name guess is unlike most billet-less ones - there is no "process" like in Fraser's approaches for example. It's kind of similar to something Peter Turner has published (When in Rome).

If you have any other questions, don't be shy! Smile

Cheers,

Nico
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Just a quick update, this is now low in stock and it could be a while until we get more stock in. So if you were thinking about it, act now and reserve yours!
www.mentalistry.com
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
ONLY 3 COPIES LEFT!

Get yours, before someone else does: https://mentalistry.com/products/books/p......physical

There is no plan for these to be reprinted for the foreseeable future, once they are gone, they are gone!
www.mentalistry.com
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Had this for a while now.

Really enjoyed Nico's thinking - he thinks very differently for sure. Found lotsa gems - some raw and some well polished. For me the best thing was you get a solid base most of the time and you can then exercise your own creativity to build it up in many possible directions.

Great work, Nico.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pure Mentalism by Nico Heinrich (47 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL