The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What would you do with $86,400? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
A little bit of inspiration. In my latest video blog I recount the following story. It's one worth reading and considering. You can check out the video here: What Would You Do With $86,400? or read the story below.

Imagine you just won a prize, and every single day your bank deposits exactly $86,400 into your bank account for you to spend however you wish. But there are two stipulations. First, you have to spend all the money by the end of the day, or you lose it. You can't transfer it to another account. You can't save it for a rainy day. You either spend the money or you lose it. The second stipulation is that the bank can decide to stop making those deposits anytime it chooses. Until that time comes, the bank will continue to deposit exactly $86,400. What would you do with the money?

The truth is we already have an account that is similar, because every single day we all have exactly 86,400 seconds to our day, and if we choose to not spend that time wisely, we can't roll over that time to the next day, and we can't transfer it to another account. We either use it or lose it.

We often think that if we just had a few more hours we could accomplish more in our day. yet there other people who accomplish ten times as much as we do in the exact same amount of time. So what is stopping us? How will you use your time? Will you let that time waste away, or will we use it to accomplish your goals and live your dreams?

Lou Serrano
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Lou,

That's why I incorporate the Eisenhower matrix into my time management style. http://www.eisenhower.me/eisenhower-matrix/

Is a link if people are interested.

Walter
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Thanks for sharing, Walter.

Lou
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What would you do with $86,400? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL