The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Block Transfers (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
Does anyone know of any good sources for learning shuffling with block transfers. I have been reading Marlo's manuscript and he says to push the block with the forefinger. If I try this only on a block of say five cards only the top card and maybe the second and third move over in a spread, unless I push with my finger at the extreme edge of the packet which looks obvious. I have tried using my thumb with better results. Can anyone help please?
steve ehlers
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson AZ
287 Posts

Profile of steve ehlers
I believe Vernon had work on the block transfer, unfortunately I don't remember where I saw it. I use my ring finger to perform the block transfer and have not had any problems with it.
Steve
camron
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of camron
Dai Vernon, Vernon Chronicles 2, page 37 has a block transfer technique
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Darwin Ortiz’s lessons in card mastery has a good description of a block transfer, it’s in the effect Sweating Bullets near the end of the book.

Jonathan Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
Thanks for all your help, at the moment my thumb is the most deceptive, so I will probably continue to use that as it works for me, I was just curious after reading Marlo's suggestion of using the forefinger.
Tom Gagnon
View Profile
V.I.P.
275 Posts

Profile of Tom Gagnon
I recall that Karl Fulves published material on the subject. Also, Jerry Mentzer published the
concept in one of his Card Cavalcade books.
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
I made a short video. Is this what you are talking about?
I found moving with forefinger or thumb basically does the same thing.

https://youtu.be/A-Ud1JfeNvs
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
Thanks for your advice, Tom. Simon Card thanks very much for that, that looks exactly what I was talking about, from the written description I interpreted it that the forefingers would still be curled on top of the cards and pushing or going to the extreme edges... I have been having quite good results from using my thumb although it looks as if the forefinger method may offer a bit more cover at the front. I will experiment with this, thanks again
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Another thing I found helpful is that shuffling a small block right below the cards to be transferred can help you easily kick the top cards to the correct position either by the thumb or the forefinger.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Block Transfers (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL