The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Rex Ignis" by ParaLabs (87 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
richburb
View Profile
New user
Always something new... except when there isn't.
22 Posts

Profile of richburb
I received a replacement Rex Ignis on Nov. 22 and am now waiting for a reply regarding an issue with the charger unit that came with the replacement. The charger indicator switches between red (charging) and blue (fully charged) randomly if the charger or wire leads are touched. There may be a short involved, or an open in one of the lead wires, but I have once again had to request support. I still have hopes that I can get a unit that functions properly and is rugged enough to use (trust) in actual performances.
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Rainer - ParaLabs
Please send a mail to mees@paralabs.org and you get of course the full support.
richburb
View Profile
New user
Always something new... except when there isn't.
22 Posts

Profile of richburb
Just for closure:
ParaLabs offered to send another replacement to me, but I was asked by Card Shark to take my Rex Ignis charger's shrink-tube enclosure off and try to re-solder the lead. Cleaning up the lead wire and re-soldering solved the issue with my broken replacement, and as of December 10 I now have a working Rex Ignis. I still have doubts that the leads on the three components will hold up over time. On my unit I secured some of the connectors so the leads would not have to be flexed at all. I think this will provide more use before they break and need to be replaced or reattached.

This is a GREAT effect, and in my opinion the effect is worth the cost. I hope future improvements will make the assembled device more rugged to improve the value from the hardware perspective as well.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Any one pick this up in Blackpool,was the price less than half what they want on website?i think it was but not sure as tempted to buy thanks
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2020, gassaox wrote:
Any one pick this up in Blackpool,was the price less than half what they want on website?i think it was but not sure as tempted to buy thanks

Price has been the major factor for me with this. If it’s half-off—that’s an interesting development!
//Sean Beard
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
DLMagic
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of DLMagic
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2020, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Guess it is half-off now -> https://www.stolina.de/rexignis-2-0-by-paralabs.html

Or here:

https://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page......egory=13
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2020, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Guess it is half-off now -> https://www.stolina.de/rexignis-2-0-by-paralabs.html

You should ask whether or not this is the remote controlled version before appreciating the price.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2709 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thomas, is this the remote-controlled version? I’m asking you, because I am not sure how to appreciate the price.
Hope this helps.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Says the 'hear' can be controlled remotely on card shark, but I think that's a translation issue...pretty sure they mean heat, not hear...
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I could be wrong but I don't think these are for the newer/smaller matchbox versions? Thus the lower price?
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Thomas, is this the remote-controlled version? I’m asking you, because I am not sure how to appreciate the price.
Hope this helps.

Sorry, I really don't know - otherwise I would have told you.

Quote:
On Mar 16, 2020, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
I could be wrong but I don't think these are for the newer/smaller matchbox versions? Thus the lower price?

This is what I expect - but I don't know. So before being disappointed after unboxing your corresponding package, better drop Stolina an email prior to your order.

Quote:
On Mar 16, 2020, catweazle wrote:
Says the 'hear' can be controlled remotely on card shark, but I think that's a translation issue...pretty sure they mean heat, not hear...

Rather a typo then a translation issue. Even we as bloody Germans know the difference between 'hear' and 'heat', ... Smile

Cheers
Th.
ltchip
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of ltchip
Interested to know which version is available.
There were two as I recall - one small and one larger - but both would fit in some sort of matchbox?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

I recall that too. On the website noe there’s only this version though...
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
OK, I think it is time to chime in as the producer and publisher of the great effect Rex Ignis. I am Card-Shark.

Rainer and Thomas, the guys behind Paralabs, are great and creative thinkers in magic, otherwise this gem and many other awesome Paralabs items would not exist. However, both have a full time job outside of magic and decided, to outsource the sales to the best dealer in Germany (Stolina), who set up the official Paralabs-Shop. This might explain that you do not only find original Paralabs items but also many other magic and mentalist related items on the "official" Paralabs Homepage. If this is good or bad I leave it to your decision. As Stolina had the first build of Rex Ignis on offer for a higher price, he decided to call the new version (that is provided by us) Rex Ignis 2.0.

When Rex Ignis was first built by Rainer, I was amazed about the underlying method and could convince Thomas and Rainer finally, to team up with Card-Shark, as we do have 15 years of experience in production and marketing of magic effects for our worldwide community. While the first units were produced by Rainer on his desk one by one, in very low quantities and slight variations (due to an ongoing improvement process), I finally sat down and convinced them to think in bigger numbers and a streamlined production process. A higher number would not only allow a totally different cost calculation, it would also request a serious price adjustment to make this effect more available for magicians and mentalists who were on the fence to buy the effect for a way higher price point. Last but not least it is nowadays common that good products will be copied by Chinese a**holes. I hope you will feel pride giving your hard earned money to the real inventors and creators of your magic and not to these guys who have zero development cost when all they have to do is to copy a good idea. Trust me, THIS will improve the magic for all of us, as your support encourages the creators to come up with other great inventions for you.

The actual version that is manufactured in our German warehouse certainly contains chinese parts, but every single unit is handmade by us. The latest version you can get right now is containing the newest developments and custom made parts for us. The last change that will soon happen (in about 3 weeks if the Corona Virus is not bringing the world to a complete stop) is that we will receive custom made matchboxes that I designed that will better fit the units you already received or that you will receive in the next weeks. (We will also offer these matchboxes as replacements in case your matchbox wears out.)

As our production is now fully up and running, we finally published the Rex Ignis on our website to make it available to all of you. For more than half a year our production output was only good to produce enough supply for the conventions we went to as they always sold out or even were on backorder. Now it is up to you to get your Rex Ignis (or if you want to wait for the new matchboxes). I promise all Rex Ignis owners who still have or will receive the old matchbox a set of a free matchbox replacement, just for the shipping cost to you.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

That certainly clarifies things, thank you!

So does this latest version work both in the matchbox and without the matchbox? I only ask as I remember there was one that was offered by PL that was strictly matchbox and couldn't be used without it. And another that could was flexible for other set ups.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

X2 (those are exactly my questions as well)
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I managed to build it also into a cardcase. If other objects also make sense on the table... I don't know. What is the difference between the offered matchbox version to the cardcase version I made for a friend?
Back then, Paralabs offered two different versions: with and without remote control. The version without the remote control had the advantage that the device was switched on and off "manually", and while it was turned off, the battery was completely disconnected, extending the battery life. With the remote version, the battery was always connected, waiting for the remote to trigger. This was draining the battery faster and all you could do was to remove the battery until you wanted to perform it, or keep the battery fully charged before the evening you want to perform it so that it will last.

With the new version (with or without remote), the battery is automatically disconnected when the device is not used. The battery is connected the moment you start using the device. This is difficult to do when the device is built into the cardcase, so right now it would behave like the old version, where the battery is always on. But maybe I will find a way how to disconnect the battery as well. Give me some time... Smile

Btw: right now we only offer the version with remote control for 295 Dollars / 295 Euros. (In all the months when we offered both versions at different conventions, everybody selected the remote version.)
If you are interested to purchase the version without remote for 250 Dollars / 250 Euros, please get in touch with me.

Chinese Proverb
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Sounds great!

To follow up, I guess I was under the impression that there used to be a version that didn't need any type of case at all. The gimmick was discretely placed (no case) to where a spec couldn't see it (being vague to avoid exposure).

So to clarify the question, can it be used without any type of case as well? Or does it always have to be in the matchbox case?

thanks for all the details!
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Please pm Rainer to find out if the version would do it. I have not seen the mechanical working of the other version you are mentioning. I know about it, but I have never seen one (isn't that a good sign?! Smile )

Chinese Proverb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Rex Ignis" by ParaLabs (87 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL