The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Rex Ignis" by ParaLabs (87 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..20~21~22 [Next]
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Hi guys!

I received my copy of this yesterday and first impressions are that I love it. It feels awesome practising it.

I have the latest update version of Rex Ignos that Thomas and Rainer spoke about in their Webinar that aired on 22nd January in the Signum 23 Facebook group. Any issues in practicality with the previous rendition of this are eliminated as the update makes it far more practical for any situation - not just stage. I’m unsure of how much I can say without exposing too much but the gimmick now lays hidden in plain sight with no suspicion.
I’m yet to properly and fully test this so a full review will be left in a few days time.

I’m excited about this one!
Mitchell
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Hi Mitchell, I have an early version. Can you show me a comparison with the new version?
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Hi there.
The new version Is built into a match box and also lithium ion battery charge. Opening the box triggers the device to set off in this case.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards
Mitchell
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ that's interesting for sure.. Previous version was a bit so-so, to be honest. Was not practical to me.

Would love hear more about this new version...though at the 650 euro price tag, not sure that's too practical either...
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
^ that's interesting for sure.. Previous version was a bit so-so, to be honest. Was not practical to me.

Would love hear more about this new version...though at the 650 euro price tag, not sure that's too practical either...

You can send them your old version for upgrade. Not free, but not 650 also
Zeno of Citium
View Profile
New user
next to my dog
22 Posts

Profile of Zeno of Citium
Really looking forward to a review of the new version..
The0mas
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of The0mas
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2019, MitchellK wrote:
Hi guys!

I received my copy of this yesterday and first impressions are that I love it. It feels awesome practising it.

I have the latest update version of Rex Ignos that Thomas and Rainer spoke about in their Webinar that aired on 22nd January in the Signum 23 Facebook group. Any issues in practicality with the previous rendition of this are eliminated as the update makes it far more practical for any situation - not just stage. I’m unsure of how much I can say without exposing too much but the gimmick now lays hidden in plain sight with no suspicion.
I’m yet to properly and fully test this so a full review will be left in a few days time.

I’m excited about this one!
Mitchell

does this new version improve in any way the possibility of using the device with a lighter instead of a candle?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
So opening the matchbox activates the lithium ion battery charger. How big is the charger?
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
I’ve been testing this over the last few days and I’m impressed. It flies by participants. Truly.
Indeed yes, opening the matchbox very slightly starts the device. It needn’t be opened much.
The charger size is very small and is detachable - the battery lies within the box and is very small. The charge lasted a fair bit of practice - id say an hour or two battery life time. The charger is small and easy to carry with the lot but doesn’t live in the match box with the device. I can’t think of a good comparison for size - smaller than your thumb in length, potentially a little wider though.

Hope this helped. My full review will be up in the next few days/week.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
MitchellK, is there any advantage to the original version or would you say this new one replaces it completely?
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2019, ash2arani wrote:
MitchellK, is there any advantage to the original version or would you say this new one replaces it completely?

The benefit of the old one is that there needs not be anything on the table at all - for stage it works very well. The original version was potentially limiting for the wandering performer as not every table was suitable for it, however with this new version it is easy to keep it on the table and it will work anywhere you can put a matchbox down.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Thanks MitchellK!
Beltorak
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Beltorak
I do have the original one and I do love this effect - unfortunately, it is not much in use due to all the things that have been mentioned, that is a pity as it works great, so I am very much interested in this, but of course only if the original can be "rebuild" or the new piece can be added...so, how does it look like? any offers on that?
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, Beltorak wrote:
I do have the original one and I do love this effect - unfortunately, it is not much in use due to all the things that have been mentioned, that is a pity as it works great, so I am very much interested in this, but of course only if the original can be "rebuild" or the new piece can be added...so, how does it look like? any offers on that?

You can send back to the guys at paralabs and they said for €85 I believe they can change to the new one. The new one is very different, it is self contained within a matchbox that just sits on the table (natural bear in mind you have a candle that could need lighting).

I’m not sure if you can rebuild yourself as I never had the first version, that is a question Thomas and Rainer May have to inform you of the answer for.
I assure you this version is far more practical though from what I know about the first one.
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, MitchellK wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, Beltorak wrote:

You can send back to the guys at paralabs and they said for €85 I believe they can change to the new one. The new one is very different, it is self contained within a matchbox that just sits on the table (natural bear in mind you have a candle that could need lighting).

I’m not sure if you can rebuild yourself as I never had the first version, that is a question Thomas and Rainer May have to inform you of the answer for.
I assure you this version is far more practical though from what I know about the first one.

I guess it depends if you wnat the battery. The conversion I think is just to change from a cell battery to the charging lithium ion one that may last longer in battery life.
Beltorak
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Beltorak
Hmm..... Euro 85.-, plus shipping costs to and from Germany....this will cost me again another 120.- to 150.- .... so, will there be an offer to the holders of the original ones? Would be great if ParaLabs would reach out with some more information and maybe pictures of how it looks like, pricing, etc?
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Rainer - ParaLabs
Hey Guys,

first of all: Thank you very much Mitchell for your feedback.

Because of feedback from you guys, we worked on an update. The result is a matchbox Version of the RexIgnis.

In a few weeks we are releasing a pure matchbox version AN a combo version of the "old" one and the matchbox.

For all owner of the first version we are offering an update to the combo version which includes:

Matchbox use
Lithium Ion Accu
Micro Charger

The Update Price is 85€ which are mainly the costs of the material plus a few bugs for the handling.

Please check out the Signum23 website for more details soon: www.signum23.com

I id a webinar for the PARA.wav and the Rexignis 1 week ago which is free:

https://vimeo.com/312749533

Please drop me a line for getting the password to: mees@para-q.com

In this webinar I explain the difference between the version no.1 and the matchbox version.

To be honest: I love the version no.1 because it provides me a lot of freedom in performance.
But I totally understand that the matchbox version is much more usable for walk around.

A few words about the update:

In my opinion it's not common to offer updates like we did for a very small amount.
We decided to offer the update because we are really knowing how's the feeling to buy something expensive and a few weeks later an update is available.

So all owner of the version no.1 can contact me an we fin always a way to keep you on a actual state Smile

best
Rainer
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Hello all!
I’ve had and used the latest rendition of the Rex Ignis device for a short while now and I have to say I’m very impressed.
The product does what it claims to - allows you, or a spectator, to hold your hand over the top of a candle flame for a very extended period of time (id arguably say limitless time but it will get very boring). The heat can be felt at any time of the performers choosing to confirm that the candle and flame are indeed real (which they are).

The device is very self contained - built inside of a large size match box (these are common, holding long matches). Charging is very easy - the battery (which is a lithium ion from the description made to myself) simply connects to a separate, small charger box which can be used with a micro usb lead. A red light indicates when the device is charging and goes off when it is fully charged.

When running, the device is very inconspicuous and hidden in plain site. Literally NOONE has even considered the matchbox as something which could make the effect work - it’s so natural to just have a matchbox on the table after lighting the candle with said match. This works with any candle, although works best with one that has burnt down a little (which looks nicer anyway). For sake of methodology I cannot explain any further. The device is very quiet. Not completely silent, but in any natural environment (coffee shop/restaurant) it will go unheard. On stage, an audience of any distance away will not be able to hear it and very quiet ambient music will cover any noise (I haven’t tested on stage so cannot say how covered it truly is on stage but the device as a whole is very quiet so I’d say it would easily pass.
As the charge drains the device needs to be closer to the candle to prevent the burning of the heat on the hand. But this is to be expected - with less charge anything will be weaker.
No funny set up is needed - It literally looks as if a candle is lit with a match from the matchbox and the match box put onto the table but the device is ready and running. Practice is needed to ensure the device gets put into the correct place to be working best, but this took no longer than half an hour to get down and perfect. It’s easy to correct too if it is slightly wrong in performance.

My device arrived very promptly, and the general customer service I’ve found to be very good. A lifetime warranty is offered with the Rex Ignis, as it is with the ParaWav, and any updates that happen to the devices are updated on your device too for a small fee and sending back to Rainer to make the adjustments or send the new version out.
For any professional the update cost is justified and fully worth it.

There are currently no video tuitions specifically for this version of the device but it’s very simple to work out based on the old video tuition provided.

Purchase also gives access to a Facebook group where fellow owners can place routine ideas and any questions about the device.

I don’t really have any concerns or major negative points about the device. It’s built into a genuine Matchbox so wear and tear of the box is the only concern but two boxes are provided so when the first wears out you can immediately move the device into the other box and you’re ready to do. I’m fairly certain you can make the box yourself too to house the device from any matchbox.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2019, Beltorak wrote:
Hmm..... Euro 85.-, plus shipping costs to and from Germany....this will cost me again another 120.- to 150.- .... so, will there be an offer to the holders of the original ones? Would be great if ParaLabs would reach out with some more information and maybe pictures of how it looks like, pricing, etc?

Sounds a bit demanding. :-/
Others would have sold these as V2 for the same or a higher price.
So pardon me.. also 150,00€ would be a steal!
Beltorak
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Beltorak
Hey ArtIn, it was not my intention to sound demanding, maybe it is the language, and it was more like loud thinking. Anyway, the Rex Ignis was/is not a cheap buy, and it shouldn't be. But I was a tiny little bit disappointed when I got the original one, not because of the effect and definitely not because of the tool itself - the effect is great the device is working perfect and is manufactured very good, also not because of the customer service by Rainer or ParaLabs, but because of the limitation of the usage. I don't do stage very often, so it is parlor or Table hopping or similar set ups, and I made the experience that I can hardly use it, mostly because of the shape of the table or because there is a tablecloth.

Now, V2 looks like it is solving my problem and I wonder why I did not think about it, I had other ideas like building a special candleholder, or using existing oil burner, but was not able to find the right ones.

I had a look at the video and understand now the solution, I very much appreciate how Rainer is handling this. Still, I will have to decide for me if it is worth for me to pay the 120.- to get an upgrade...and there is something else Smile it was mentioned in the video that there is another upgrade coming in February.. Smile

so, I might wait Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Rex Ignis" by ParaLabs (87 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL