The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card cheat videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1679 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Quote:
On 2004-04-23 02:08, DzH wrote:
Once again, thanks for the replies....
If you haven't been there yet, then try to go to this website: http://www.shademovie.com

then click on tricks and shades, and try to check out the "mcmillan switch"....

does anybody know how to do this, or know where I can learn it... I think it's really cool sleight of hand..

/Dennis

It is pretty cool, huh? By the way, you're not allowed to learn that.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2004-04-23 18:04, JasonEngland wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-04-23 02:08, DzH wrote:
Once again, thanks for the replies....
If you haven't been there yet, then try to go to this website: http://www.shademovie.com

then click on tricks and shades, and try to check out the "mcmillan switch"....

does anybody know how to do this, or know where I can learn it... I think it's really cool sleight of hand..

/Dennis

It is pretty cool, huh? By the way, you're not allowed to learn that.

Jason

Yeah, you'll get shot if you do Smile.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
turnerhooch
View Profile
New user
Kentucky
19 Posts

Profile of turnerhooch
There's a new book out called "Phantoms of the Card Table" by David Britland and Gazzo. It's a pretty interesting true story about the hunt for Walter Scott, who, back in the '20's and '30's, cheated at cards, and amazed a lot of magicians with his techniques.

At the end of the book it talks about some of the techniques he used.
DzH
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of DzH
JasonEngland: bla bla bla bla.. sure I am...
turnerhooch: thanks for the info...

/D
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Quote:
On 2004-04-23 22:40, turnerhooch wrote:

There's a new book out called "Phantoms of the Card Table" by David Britland and Gazzo. It's a pretty interesting true story about the hunt for Walter Scott, who, back in the '20's and '30's, cheated at cards, and amazed a lot of magicians with his techniques.

There's some brief discussion about it in this thread.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Quote:
JasonEngland: bla bla bla bla.. sure I am...

DzH:

I'd watch your mouth, Jason England was one of the chief sleight of hand consultants to the movie "The Shade" and that is probably his hands on the video, along with most likely HIS handling of the move.

So if he says you're not allowed to learn it, and he created it, then you are NOT allowed to learn it no questions asked.

If a creator chooses not to share something with the magic community, you have to respect that.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1902 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I don't think Jason England was the creator, otherwise wouldn't he have called it the England switch as opposed to the Mc Millan switch?? However, I could be wrong... maybe Jason will answer our questions if we are worthy Smile
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
DzH
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of DzH
Well, if he was the creator, why didn't he just say so... and I won't watch my mouth, you see,,, we all want to learn new stuff,,, and I want to learn the McMillan switch, therefore I requested at this board if anyone knew where I could get hold of the technique...

No one decides what we can or will learn... It's all up to ourselves... therefore, don't tell me what do to, and not to do!

/D
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1902 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Everyone has a free choice, and that includes the choice to not tell where certain moves can be found..
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
DzH
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of DzH
I didn't say no one should expose how it is done... as you said,,,: it's their choice... but I'm willing to pay for this technique, therefore if anyone knew which book or video I could find the technique in, it would be well appreciated... if no-one knows, or don't want out with the technique, then why bother posting?

/D
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
"no one decides what we can or will learn"

YES THEY DO, the creator has the choice about whether to release any move for personal use or use in a performance.

No one cares if you are willing to pay, it's the creators choice whether he wants to release the move.

As far as not posting if they don't want to out the technique, perhaps Jason was simply informing you that the move was not out in the public, and that you were forbidden from learning the move by the creator.

In any case, it did not warrant the reply of:

"bla bla bla bla.. sure I am... "

Because your wrong, you very well may not be allowed to learn it.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Or maybe Jason was joking, meant that comment tongue-in-cheek, and you're all over-reacting? Just a thought...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
516 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
If you want to have a hand up on your fellow magi, go with the Steve Forte gambling video series as others have recommended.

From what I have heard, he blows away the best of the best. If you can find them, buy them.

Best,

Paul h.
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1679 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Paul Chosse nailed it. I was kidding. The move doesn't belong to me. Additionally, if I didn't want people to learn it, why would I have agreed to do it from above and from below (shot thru a glass table) for the the Shade credit sequences?

Some will be able to learn the move by watching the movie over and over again, some won't. Incidentally, the move IS in print, but the description isn't particularly good. Also, I believe the book it was published in is out of print.

Some advice trying to track down the book: wait for the DVD and get familiar with where your pause button is on your remote.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
This move is not possible with normal deck, you have to get black tiger deck to do it!
Hope this helps Jason.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Hehe oh well, was just testy with his reply.... perhaps it was all over nothing.... Smile

Cool move in any case...
DzH
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of DzH
I finally found out to this move. Just watch the trick over and over again. It's really simple, but hard to master.

/D
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
It was pretty obvious that Jason was joking. At least, I hope that it was obvious. They must have left the "tone of voice/writing" section out of the English curiculum at some schools.

Jason, I'm curious, what other involvement did you have in making the film ie. did you perform more sequences in the movie as a "stunt double with cards" for actors, or did you have a hand (!) in teaching some of the actors?

There's been a few movies out there that have card sleight/cheating sequences, but then at the end, I can't find the consultant's name listed anywhere, which is frustrating.
tjo'
tensai
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of tensai
http://www.gamblersbook.com looks a good place to start they say they are the oldest and largest shop for gambling books ,so it should be a safe bet no pun intendid.
Nikodini
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Nikodini
I have seen the Shade movie and liked it. I saw it a couple of months ago at a film festival. I like it for the most part of it but with a few exceptions. Gabriel Byrne is excellent in it and Stuart Townsend, Vernon, looks like Derren Brown. They even have The Professor character who's at Magic Castle, supposedly a safe location. Characters in the movie don't display too many tricks. I don't wanna spoil it for anyone but "card marking" they used was really unrealistic. The only thing I disliked about it was the ending. It just didn't seem genuine. I also didn't like the connotations that most card magicians are cheats.

JasonEngland, what about the "Impulse Change"... is that discussed in any book/video?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card cheat videos (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL