The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Time Traveller by Kieron Johnson (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Seth Kristopher Race
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Seth Kristopher Race
Kieron Johnson, The Time Traveller. A Magician Before His Time.

I got this book at MagiFest this year from Kieron. I have read through it TWICE, it’s that good! I honestly can’t believe some of the stuff he actually put in here. It is ABSOLUTLEY BRILLIANT!! In one chapter, he teaches you what you need to make your own To The Max gimmicks, that alone is worth the price of the book to me.

The book is Volume 1 in a series, and I really can’t wait to see what he puts in the other Volumes. This one is 91 pages long, and it has pictures in there for you to follow along with what you’re reading. There is also a foreword from Mark Traversoni, an introduction from Joel Dickinson & John Morton and even an intro from Kieron himself. What follows are 19 chapters, 17 of which are all great bits of methodology & concepts Kieron has devoloped over the years, as well as full blown effects. You could easily combine everything in this book in to one solid act and fry every mind in the room.

I can’t say I have a favorite effect in the book because there is actually a tie for 2. The first one, you take a HOT CUP of coffee or tea or any other beverage, your soectator can feel or taste the temperature of it, but under your control, you cause it to become ICE COLD! As for the kicker you actually make part of the liquid FREEZE 😵

The second is Kieron’s take on the Invisible Deck routine, but with his you have a block of Ice on display througout your act and when I say block of Ice, I mean like the size of a standard builders brick, if not bigger. But at the end of you’re act you either present it as time travel that you were able to go back in time and flip one card over before you ever started, or as the standard invisible deck prediction routine. Because of the foggyness of ice (unless you boil it) you can’t really see the deck in there, A.) depending on how thick the ice is B.) What back design is your Invisble Deck & C.) the foggyness of the ice.

Kieron’s Magic has always had a Beautiful Chaos to it and this book really shows that. He truly has a next level way of thinking and I think anyone who is familiar with Kieron’s work or just love creating IMPOSSIBLE moments will love this book too & you should definitley pick this up!
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2018, Seth Kristopher Race wrote:
, The Time Traveller. A Magician Before His Time.

I got this book at MagiFest this year from Kieron. I have read through it TWICE, it’s that good! I honestly can’t believe some of the stuff he actually put in here. It is ABSOLUTLEY BRILLIANT!! In one chapter, he teaches you what you need to make your own To The Max gimmicks, that alone is worth the price of the book to me.

That's a shame, too bad he didn't teach how to make Element gimmicks instead. But I'm guessing Ellusionist "thinks" they own the rights now.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2018, mantel wrote:
Quote:
, The Time Traveller. A Magician Before His Time.

That's a shame, too bad he didn't teach how to make Element gimmicks instead. But I'm guessing Ellusionist "thinks" they own the rights now.

The Element gimmick is made by a professional and there's no way that you can do it at home.. At least I can't..

Just purchase Element and you'll get a high quality gimmick and routines that you'll use for the rest of your life.

Best purchase from the last 3 /4 years for me. (With OxBender)
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Thanks for the great review Seth we are so pleased you like the book.

This is the first in a series of books from Kieron and this volume is limited to 500 all signed and numbered.

Kieron and myself were at Magifest last weekend and were overwhelmed by the reaction to his show and his magic lecture.

Look on social media for the picture of Joshua Jay in a pink umbrella wearing a blue poncho and yellow rubber gloves while Kieron water sports over him into a swimming pool held by Andi Gladwin. If that does not conjure up a picture for you nothing will!

https://www.facebook.com/magifest/photos......&theater

When Kieron lectured at the convention and we were literally mobbed at the end selling out of books and most of the items we took with us.

So back to the book, it is limited edition 500 copies and all are numbered and signed.

It contains a wide range of magic and some innovative thinking, just what you would expect from Kieron.

The book will be on pre sale on Monday and will ship on February 15th, the cost will be $55.

Half of the books have already been sold before we have even listed it on our website for sale which is amazing.

Kieron will be doing a Facebook Live to talk about the book and will be on here before then to tell you where and when to tune in.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
Kieron Johnson, The Time Traveller. A Magician Before His Time.

The book is Volume 1 in a series, and I really can’t wait to see what he puts in the other Volumes. This one is 91 pages long, and it has pictures in there for you to follow along with what you’re reading. There is also a foreword from Mark Traversoni, an introduction from Joel Dickinson & John Morton and even an intro from Kieron himself. What follows are 19 chapters, 17 of which are all great bits of methodology & concepts Kieron has devoloped over the years, as well as full blown effects. You could easily combine everything in this book in to one solid act and fry every mind in the room.

I can’t say I have a favorite effect in the book because there is actually a tie for 2. The first one, you take a HOT CUP of coffee or tea or any other beverage, your soectator can feel or taste the temperature of it, but under your control, you cause it to become ICE COLD! As for the kicker you actually make part of the liquid FREEZE 😵

The second is Kieron’s take on the Invisible Deck routine, but with his you have a block of Ice on display througout your act and when I say block of Ice, I mean like the size of a standard builders brick, if not bigger. But at the end of you’re act you either present it as time travel that you were able to go back in time and flip one card over before you ever started, or as the standard invisible deck prediction routine. Because of the foggyness of ice (unless you boil it) you can’t really see the deck in there, A.) depending on how thick the ice is B.) What back design is your Invisble Deck & C.) the foggyness of the ice.

Kieron’s Magic has always had a Beautiful Chaos to it and this book really shows that. He truly has a next level way of thinking and I think anyone who is familiar with Kieron’s work or just love creating IMPOSSIBLE moments will love this book too & you should definitley pick this up!

Thanks Seth glad you like it it’s got some pretty out there concepts in there realy value the support the response from magi fest was overwhelming

Kind regards

Kieron
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:
Thanks for the great review Seth we are so pleased you like the book.

This is the first in a series of books from Kieron and this volume is limited to 500 all signed and numbered.

Kieron and myself were at Magifest last weekend and were overwhelmed by the reaction to his show and his magic lecture.

Look on social media for the picture of Joshua Jay in a pink umbrella wearing a blue poncho and yellow rubber gloves while Kieron water sports over him into a swimming pool held by Andi Gladwin. If that does not conjure up a picture for you nothing will!

https://www.facebook.com/magifest/photos......&theater

When Kieron lectured at the convention and we were literally mobbed at the end selling out of books and most of the items we took with us.

So back to the book, it is limited edition 500 copies and all are numbered and signed.

It contains a wide range of magic and some innovative thinking, just what you would expect from Kieron.

The book will be on pre sale on Monday and will ship on February 15th, the cost will be $55.

Half of the books have already been sold before we have even listed it on our website for sale which is amazing.

Kieron will be doing a Facebook Live to talk about the book and will be on here before then to tell you where and when to tune in.

Thanks mark it will 8 pm UK time wensday I will show a concept from the book as well

Kind regards

Kieron
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Your penguin lecture is my all time favorite lecture so this book I know is gonna rock!
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
The cat is out of the bag. The Time Traveller is a gem of a book. This is first class material and I will be adding so much of it in to my close up sets and also in to my show.
I have watched Kieron perform the routines within the book, Kieron is exceptionally generous releasing this work. This is material which will last you a life time.

There is a huge amount of variety, actually the whole book is about variety. I can't rate this highly enough and I'm really looking forward to collecting the future Time Travellers.
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
How do I pre order this?
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
After experiencing Kieron’s Magi-Fest lecture, I was one of many who walked up to his booth and bought everything he had.

Awesome stuff, Kieron!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, Billybonkers wrote:
How do I pre order this?

It will be on Saturn magic soon its official release date is blackpool we took some to magifest we sold out of them which was amazing we have another batch printed at the moment. The book is limited to 500 copies.

Kind regards

Kieron
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

I will be hosting a Facebook live at 8 pm UK time tomorrow night talking about the book it will be on preorder by then as well.

Kind regards

Kieron
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Thanks Kieron,

With only 500 copies available I'm worried that I may miss out especially as there's only 250 left and your taking a batch to blackpool.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, Billybonkers wrote:
Thanks Kieron,

With only 500 copies available I'm worried that I may miss out especially as there's only 250 left and your taking a batch to blackpool.

It will be on preorder tomorrow night I will Hofuly have some left for Blackpool I decided two do a speacel offer for pre order as there no incentive these days. I also wanted to rewards those who support my work. If you preorder the book I’m throwing in a to the max gimmick and a modified sharpie and free world wide shipping on all preorder. I decided to do this as I think support should be rewarded. It will be available from Saturn magic.
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Thanks kieron.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Is it $55 usd or 55 pounds?
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, randyburtis wrote:
Is it $55 usd or 55 pounds?

Hi randy it’s 40 pounds 55 American dollers free world wide shipping and two already made gimmick to go with the book with all preorders.

Plus 10 never before puplshed effects stage close up parlour it’s quite a mix of concepts.

Kind regards

Kieron
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Coolio! Thanks!
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Here is the link to the book.

https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......son.html

Kind regards

Kieron
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Is this a Saturn Magic Exclusive or will it be available from other online dealers?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Time Traveller by Kieron Johnson (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL