The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Forcing die rolls: what's the best method? What about d8 and d20s? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zachman
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of zachman
Me and my crazy ideas! Came up with an idea to mesh a couple of my passions into a routine: Dungeons & Dragons inspired RPG mentalism trick. The idea is that the spectator takes on the roll of our heroic character right at the climax of the big boss battle, slaying the dragon in an epic way. This then fulfills the "prophecy scroll" introduced at the beginning of the routine, which is a perfect recount of their choices and exact die rolls.

SO... my first thought is I want to have them roll a "critical hit", which is rolling a 20 on a d20 die. I've found people talking about loading die and melting them and such, but everything I find talks about the standard d6 dice. Does anyone have ideas or has done something similar before, with forcing die rolls? The restrictions is that this has to be a single roll, and it always has to roll 20 perfectly, so no "elimination die" or using the sum of both sides or anything like that. Has anyone had experience with melting or loading dice, magnets in a dice tray, or other methods for forcing a specific roll? Any thoughts on where to find information or how to pursue this would be much appreciated.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Magnetic dice.
Smile Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I've melted d6s and it helps but isn't a sure thing
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Forcing die rolls: what's the best method? What about d8 and d20s? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL