The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Occultatum by Menny Lindenfeld (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2018, BILL DAVIS MAGIC wrote:
All I want to know is if this is at all similar in method to Oculus by Brandon Queen. Can anyone just say whether it is or is not? The name sounds similar and the "psychological" aspect had me wondering. Thanks.

No, it's not similar at all. Oculus is a crap and with no props, and in occultatum you must use props.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Only watched the trailer of Oculus by Brandon Queen

Just now

And I would say it's NOTHING in similar to this effect

Maybe someone who has both could help make sure 100%

But I am pretty sure it is totally different
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I was beaten to the punch

I have looked into Oculus by Brandon Queen

Not impressed by it - as it looks like he gets someone's playing card - but it's actaully all 50/50 stuff - and from reviews doesn't seem to work too often [or often enough]

I think this effect [by Menny] is much stronger
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
I'd say occultatum is trick, oculus is luck)
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1742 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Well, the titles sound similar. The the illusion of similarity seem to vanish!
BILL DAVIS MAGIC
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
21 Posts

Profile of BILL DAVIS MAGIC
Ok so I read what everyone said as well as the reviews at Penguin Magic. No one was revealing at all in terms of the method but from what was said in general, with a little thought, I was able to figure everything out. So I saved myself $50. If how I think it works is not correct, my method is foolproof and will also work 100% of the time. But I'm 99.9% positive I have completely figured it out.
- ABRACADAVIS!

"Magic is in the Hand of the Card Holder"

Visit me at:
HTTP://BILLDAVISMAGIC.COM

Follow me on:
http://instagram.com/billdavismagic
http://facebook.com/billdavismagic
http://twitter.com/billdavismagic
http://billdavismagic.tumblr.com

...and please SUBSCRIBE at the right of my White Spade logo on top:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bill+davis+magic
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2018, BILL DAVIS MAGIC wrote:
Ok so I read what everyone said as well as the reviews at Penguin Magic. No one was revealing at all in terms of the method but from what was said in general, with a little thought, I was able to figure everything out. So I saved myself $50. If how I think it works is not correct, my method is foolproof and will also work 100% of the time. But I'm 99.9% positive I have completely figured it out.

50$ is really high price for this) so it's good you have your own 100% version.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2598 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2018, BILL DAVIS MAGIC wrote:

I read this as: "I got inspired by another creator, so I took their idea without compensating them for it."
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
And people wonder why videos are edited...
I've asked to be banned
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1057 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Bill, are you sure your real name isn't dick?
philraso
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of philraso
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2018, pegasus wrote:
My version is cheapest. I’ve always used a stooge. Works 100 percent.

Me too. I like this, but I’ve blown people away with 5 coffee cups and a sugar packet at a group breakfast using your method Pegasus.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9080 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This was pretty much slated on WPR.
pilgrim
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of pilgrim
Distraction is a matter of distance and/or time. As magicians we need to seperate THE PLACE AND TIME of "effect" (what people 'see', 'remember') as much as possible from PLACE AND TIME of "method" (the sneaky part). That's what Menny does. So... yes... in the beginning there's only the choice between 2 containers (so what!), but that (really) goes unnoticed as the routine is proceeding. If you're looking for Harry Potter -style effects, then please subcribe for the Zweinstein school...
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1985 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Just a quick message to let you all know about a great review from Wayne Dobson:

"OCCULTATUM by Menny Lindenfeld: EXCELLENT!

I very rarely review magic, however this is something you've got to be made aware of - it is very special!

I have always loved the premise of the effect where the spectator hides a small object in a unknown location and you find it!

I have done the Koran effect with three coffee cups and ring for more years than I can remember! However OCCULTATUM takes this to a whole new level.

I would imagine that a lot (most) magicians that purchase this effect will probably only watch the first 20 minutes of the excellent tutorial and by then will have learnt the method, however this is only 10% of the real secret!

I really urge you to watch and digest the remaining one hour 40 minutes where Menny goes into great detail of his superb presentation skills, his essential body language and the psychology behind this piece of what the spectators will perceive as being you to be something out of the ordinary. Otherwise all you will have is a good magic trick rather than a reputation making piece of pure beauty!"

- Wayne Dobson
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
D Whitton
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of D Whitton
Jeff Sheridan's boxes should also work with this. I'm thinking of buying a set.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Does this work best with the provided mint tins? business cards? something else?

I would like to hear from some who actually bought this as to whether they are satisfied with the purchase?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Posted something on the bonus handling and effect on Inner Thoughts if anyone cares to take a look.
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2018, Nikita wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2018, BILL DAVIS MAGIC wrote:
All I want to know is if this is at all similar in method to Oculus by Brandon Queen. Can anyone just say whether it is or is not? The name sounds similar and the "psychological" aspect had me wondering. Thanks.

No, it's not similar at all. Oculus is a crap and with no props, and in occultatum you must use props.

Occulus isn't Crap. It just isn't suitable as a as a video download, especially for penguin's audience.

The effect is quite advanced and also the method was never intended to reveal a playing card. That is something that was suggested by the production team to make the download more interesting to penguin's audience.

This was originally meant to go in my 2nd book (which I never completed) in much fuller detail and with completely different applications.

In other words, I can 100% agree that this should not have been sold as a single effect/download and should not have been applied to a card divination.

With that said, yes Occulus is not a practical, sure fire effect you would want to perform at a paid gig. Absolutely not. This is something you would perform when you have absolutely nothing and you want to show something that is slower-paced, engaging and intimate with one or two people.

I have no idea what occulatum is, or how it compares to Occulus, but I can say with confidence that Menny releases nice quality items and any effect that uses a gimmick or device is always going to be 100 X better than a propless method, especially when it comes to a reliable, well made gimmick.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
I put Oculus as the absolute worst which hand effect out there that exists in my worst 5 which hand effects:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNBaNbZV5Xw

Here's my review of Occultatum for those interested:

https://youtu.be/qK87D2Rq5wY
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Quote:
On May 5, 2021, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
I put Oculus as the absolute worst which hand effect out there that exists in my worst 5 which hand effects:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNBaNbZV5Xw

Here's my review of Occultatum for those interested:

https://youtu.be/qK87D2Rq5wY

Glad to know it made #1

I've never won first place in anything. Thank you LOL Smile
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Occultatum by Menny Lindenfeld (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL