The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Occultatum by Menny Lindenfeld (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
923 Posts

Profile of DrRob
For those in the know and maybe have seen both Menny's At the table lecture and Jermay's mind would IT be possible that It has a similarity to a certain matchbox and bill trick ?

Dr Rob
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1404 Posts

Profile of Jared
[quote]On Feb 1, 2018, Menny Lindenfeld wrote:
Hi guys.
I am really excited to finally release Occultatum. It's a project I have been working on for a long time, and I am happy it's finally out. Most of the material in this tutorial fooled so many people. Some of the greatest Mentalists have had NO CLUE how I did what you are going to learn in Occultatum. That is the reason I had kept it close for so long Smile

I wish that all creators took the time to explain what you are getting as Menny did in his post. The value of his offering went up tenfold because of that. I'm much more interested now than before where my opinion was based solely on viewing the trailer.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9075 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’ll still be waiting for reviews.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
778 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2018, pegasus wrote:
I’ll still be waiting for reviews.

Me too.

So far it looks like really decent value for the price.

The props look Great!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3918 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I don't have Occultatum, but I did watch the ATT video. The concept is a VERY old concept, but Menny has great handling ideas. I have applied this concept to business cards AND bottle caps. I particularly like performing this with bottle caps because it gives me at least a couple things to do with just a few bottle caps, including a great matrix effect with just caps and hands. I can't remember where I learned it, I know it's not original to me. Perhaps someone can chime in.

It seems to me that the Occultatum project would be good just to get a variety of ideas to best implement the concept in any one of a variety of ways that would best suit you.

KJ
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1057 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, 1KJ wrote:
I don't have Occultatum, but I did watch the ATT video....
KJ

As much as I have enjoyed Penguin lectures, the ATT video, at $7.95, puts most of those lectures to shame. The Altoid effect alone, imho, is worth far more than the cost of the video...
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3918 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
I don't have Occultatum, but I did watch the ATT video....
KJ

As much as I have enjoyed Penguin lectures, the ATT video, at $7.95, puts most of those lectures to shame. The Altoid effect alone, imho, is worth far more than the cost of the video...

I agree, but I'm not going to campaign for anyone to raise their prices....

KJ
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
923 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Quote:
I don't have Occultatum, but I did watch the ATT video. The concept is a VERY old concept, but Menny has great handling ideas. I have applied this concept to business cards AND bottle caps. I particularly like performing this with bottle caps because it gives me at least a couple things to do with just a few bottle caps, including a great matrix effect with just caps and hands. I can't remember where I learned it, I know it's not original to me. Perhaps someone can chime in.

It seems to me that the Occultatum project would be good just to get a variety of ideas to best implement the concept in any one of a variety of ways that would best suit you.

KJ

Good Day 1KJ

I do have the At the table lecture and love the boldeness of the reveal !
I intend to use plastic soda/fizzy drink bottle caps as I rarely frequent bars etc !
Thanks
Dr Rob.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1307 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
One up for sale already
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
This is really clever. The routine is fairly simple with one good out if it doesn't go as planned. The video does not show the out, but it is possibly better than the planned version. Because of this, it is 100%. It can be done with nearly any objects, the tins are a little too much in my pockets -I like the business card method. This can be done on stage too. The 2-hour video covers everything in detail - including a half dozen or so presentations.

Again, this is easy to do, and it is a worker!

Six out of 5 stars
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1742 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
This is splendid. If this does not turn out to be the best mentalism effect marketed in 2018, I am really looking forward to what might be even better.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3918 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, DrRob wrote:
Quote:

KJ

Good Day 1KJ

I do have the At the table lecture and love the boldeness of the reveal !
I intend to use plastic soda/fizzy drink bottle caps as I rarely frequent bars etc !
Thanks
Dr Rob.

Great idea. I do that too. I prefer beer caps only because they are SO easy to handle with the matrix.

KJ
johoyo
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of johoyo
Initial reactions following my purchase:

Many, like me, will kick themselves for not having thought out the method themselves, but the point is that Menny did ! The included hardware has a number of features that are appropriate for and focussed on the effect ( and Menny advises about alternatives if the supplied items yell "magic prop" at you). For me, the real value here is not the basic idea or the props, but the detailed tuition covering the nuances and variations; you are getting the benefit of Menny's development and performing experience. Understanding the foundation and elements of the effect provides a good basis for creating you own versions/presentations. The videos are mercifully free of padding, flashy presentation and other time wasters.

It's not expensive tins, it's cheap insight.
NO1 MATRIX
View Profile
New user
LONDON - CYPRUS - LOS ANGELES
56 Posts

Profile of NO1 MATRIX
Not for me its not a trick your paying for his know how I can give you mine for half price 40 years of magic I never buy this type of thing its very hard to perform like the person who has been doing this for donkeys years you buy many thinks same price but better effect in my opinion of this now on too the next case bish bash bosh london style !!!!!!!
MAGIC IS JUST A WORD, IT'S WHAT YOU DO WITH IT THAT MAKES THE WORD MAGIC !!!
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1027 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
We did a live chat with Menny this week to chat all about Occultatum and to hopefully help answer some of the questions people have had about this one.

WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2598 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, NO1 MATRIX wrote:
Not for me its not a trick your paying for his know how I can give you mine for half price 40 years of magic I never buy this type of thing its very hard to perform like the person who has been doing this for donkeys years you buy many thinks same price but better effect in my opinion of this now on too the next case bish bash bosh london style !!!!!!!

Punctuation would probably go a long way toward making that something that people can actually understand, in my opinion.

I'm confident I could do this pretty solidly with some rehearsal. Menny explained it really well and covered many points of nuance. The method is very simple, and he has clearly been using it for a long time, as he has several tips and points that one comes up with when using an effect over and over again.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Occultatum by Menny Lindenfeld.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
otreboR
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
281 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Thanks!
So you always start with two objects and add more after the spectator has put something in the object or wrote something on the business card?
If this is the case, I know enough.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
The video review was good

So the tin boxes are normal - thought there was mention of them being specially made (?) I thought that meant gimmicked

Do you really always have to start off with two then go up in number - I presumed not as that may be a weakness... because you could magicians choice the first two....

It's not in this one.... aha told you it was/was not... now let's add more boxes

So I presume that's not the case.

Does anyone know the original effect (who came up with it and if it was released or in any book/magazine) as I would be interested in getting the original version or finding out about who came up (created) with this idea
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1404 Posts

Profile of Jared
This is freaking brilliant! I'm so glad that Menny jumped onto this thread to elaborate about this. The fact that you can do this with normal business cards and other small objects instantly elevates this purchase. I was guilty of prematurely judging it solely by using the tins thinking where would I ever perform it? I also enjoyed Menny's stage handling with the basketball and cardboard boxes. Last year, Menny released the Ox Bender, which was by far my best purchase...Occultatum is already in contention for the best of 2018.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Occultatum by Menny Lindenfeld (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL