The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » EDF - Levitation (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Not sure how I feel about this video being out in the open. I accidentally came across this video on youtube while searching for another illusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV7UvVhBFPA
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2354 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
And then you decided to show everyone here?
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Funny. I'm one of his comment replies he says that the video is supposed to be private however the video was posted a year ago and is still there and public. 😕
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3631 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Nice, thanks for the post.

P.S. I don't think the general lay person would have any idea what they are looking at. Just some guy fooling around with a lift. They might actually think it is a joke, like using the lift truck for the effect.

Blair
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
877 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
This looks like the transformation rig from Disney's beauty and the Beast.
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
877 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
In this clip, which shows several versions from several productions, you can even see the gaff at the end.

Video never does the effect justice. I saw it on Broadway in '97 and again in the touring production in 2014 and it is really terrific.
top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Good call, Frank Simpson. That rig looks identical in operation.

I don't know why I was thinking the Drill of Death.

The Sponge, I figured since the video is up, I might as well share it with the group here. Why not, right? No harm. Its safer here on this forum among magicians to provide knowledge for other aspiring illusionists. Not one illusionist knows it all and what better way to have a visual on the modern mechanics of a stage illusion.
illusiontech
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
210 Posts

Profile of illusiontech
This is a forum to discuss professional illusions, please stop crying about secrets being posted here, the video is public. No one is going to find this unless they really want to look for it. Carry on.
top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Noone is crying Illusiontech. You might want to say that to Reynold. Lets see how he feels about your comment. lol

You are absolutely right. There is so much stuff out in the open its not even funny. But if someone really wants to find out how something works, they will surely find it. Thanks to the magic of google. Wait til A.I. comes into the limelight. Nothing is safe anymore.

The reason I was bothered by the video by EDF is that it was clearly meant for the eyes of the client. Put yourself in a situation where you are paying thousands of dollars for a unique creation and later you find out your idea has already been known by others.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21187 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Disney, has more money then everyone, I bet that this is for their theme parks shows. Animatronics is their business. Magic is their business for children. This is not necessarily for a magic show illusionist, but for one of their themes from a cartoon movie. It could even be for a giant fish or mermaid. Notice it was pre-programed.

Every part I that machine was specially made by a Tool and Dye maker, it had to be a real team effort, just to get to that point.

Did you notice how loud it was.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
illusiontech
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
210 Posts

Profile of illusiontech
I think it's for a Beast Transformation for,"Beauty and the Beast." John Gaughan did the original for bway, which was an installation. Looks like this one is made for touring, as it's self-contained and not coming from the basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » EDF - Levitation (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL