The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » RFA Card Trimmer (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1597 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
RFA Card Trimmer

Tony Miller and Rose Rings have developed a card trimmer. They have some crazy stuff machined for them by insane machinists. They are stainless steel additions to what Rosie knows to be the the best commercial grade paper cutter. (She worked in an industry for a decade or two that used them)

This thing makes straight cuts perfectly, repeatedly every time. The guides RFA has will cut strippers at two different angles: fine and psycho-fine. With some shim stock you can set this up for any angle you desire.

It's similar to the rig James Riser wrote about on Genii. Rosie's expertise selected the best commercial paper cutter out there. Tony's machined inserts won't slip. It'll cut an entire deck in a few minutes once you get the hang of it. Tony stole all the card gaffing tools I had for a couple of months, crawled into his Bat-cave and this is his card gaffing love-child.

You are not limited in the length of cards you can gaff. RFA Is making up Waite-sized tarot decks stripped. The trimmer will handle Jumbo cards. Gosh, buy a big enough trimmer and you could Svengalize your entire poster collection. This thing kicks a Porper trimmer in the butt. Did I mention the self-sharpening Sheffield steel blades?

Also Rosie has a line on a great and inexpensive corner trimmer. I have four other ones. This one's better and less expensive. I bought the required gizmos from Tony. The rest is coming via Amazon Friday. I'll experiment this weekend and report back. Pretty sure it will do belly strippers as well.

Use the years Rosie sold her soul to Fedex and Kinkos. Use the crazy guides Tony designed and STRIP!

Total cost is right at 400 dollars.

I don't think Tony has many sets of rails. They're not advertising this item yet. Tony will sell you single or double cut strippers that are flawless.

Oh . . . Buy Mike Feldman's book on the stripper deck too.

http://rfaproductions.com/ will have ad copy up soon.

Mike is on here, on the Café buy the book from him or co-author Ryan Plunkett. Penguin has it too.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S23080

DISCLAIMER - I am Tony's pal. I get nothing out of recommending his stuff, other than a place at his booth to hang out. Mike's a seriously smart guy and sleight-of-hand master. He's a lawyer but a pal, nonetheless.

Hugs all the way around.

KG
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2289 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Well that was fast. It is sold out... We wont have anymore till march...

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, Doomo wrote:

Tony

That must be a nice feeling Smile
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2289 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, rboyd wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, Doomo wrote:

Tony

That must be a nice feeling Smile

Kinda weird actually. I originally made the rig for me to make specialized gaffs. Then several folx asked me about it. So I spent about a month and made up several of them. I showed them at Magi-Fest and well POW!... So we were stunned.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2289 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Interesting news... Did a small 2nd run... Sold out also... BUT this time they were bought by magic shops to make gaffed decks and pads...

Its a strange world.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26811 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What would you like folks to do if they find this thread in a year or ten? Email rfaproductions about availability?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2289 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Ok... The new run will be coming out soon... But it is almost all presold...3 left unspoken for...

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2289 Posts

Profile of Doomo
And now all sold... AGAIN!

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2289 Posts

Profile of Doomo
We were just informed that a additional 25% tarriff on steel and aluminum is going into effect. the cost of the parts for the trimmer are almost certainly going up soon. We have 6 more sets due in about 3 weeks BEFORE the price increase. So the price will be rising after this.
Iffin ya want one at the old price... get it soon.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5303 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Okay... so I was lucky enough to get in on this early. Received these recently and I must say, they are absolutely wonderful. Keep in mind that you will need the recommended cutter, and the corner rounder, but once you realize the possibilities you will likely consider the investment relatively small. I would recommend a set of Feeler Gauges, as well, but not really necessary.

Tony and Rosie provide a number of instructional videos that barely scratch the surface of what you will be able to do.

Highly recommended!
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2289 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Glad ya liked it. New vids coming soon on making svengalli style pads and double svengalli decks that will force 2 things. Plus a vid on making varios packet effects.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » RFA Card Trimmer (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL