The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Scott Alexander DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Glad you like the material. However, I don't know about bringing this thread back up...DVDs are comming so fast and furious now there is always something new to talk about.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Just got both these DVDs on the back of this thread - £15 each bargain. I enjoyed the majority of these effects esp. shattered. I was less impressed by metrosexual and the Dean's box work, since the boxwork felt slightly outdated to me as an effect. It's the little things in the presentation and handling, like the "scorched" paper bullet that make the DVDs.

I was wondering how many effects a long the lines of shattered, i.e ones which create a genuine sense of apprehension in the audience and yet are workable close-up, exist. I know that Curtis Kam (?) came up with the mousetrap or something like that?
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
The problem with most of these routines is the real danger factor. You can do many variations close up with nails, knives, mousetraps...whatever but the safety issue should be of greatest concern.

S
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I just bought "The Midnight Show", and it's one of those purchases I wish I'd made a long time ago. Scott Alexander is absolutely my favourite magician, and I was lucky enough to see him perform live on a cruise ship many years ago.
As an owner of Dean's Box, I was thrilled with the brilliantly funny ending he's come up with....but also, a detailed explanation of "Shattered" was nice (I already knew the basic method, but have never seen the whole routine)...and his Water Monte included some very nice tips.
There are some GREAT ideas on this DVD, and as I perform several of these routines already, in one form or another, I've found a whole bunch of new bits to add to my shows.
The DVD may not be new, but it's full of solid, real-world magic. "Coffee Break" is a very well thought out routine with a killer ending. Much of the material is "food for thought", and has already got me thinking of new presentations for other effects.
Of course, Scott is also the man who created "The Final Answer", which I regard as THE finest bill to lemon ever.
A great DVD from a working magician with soul.
How did I miss this one for so long???
Doug. Smile
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I love those dvd's!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Scott Alexander DVD's (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL