The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Floating Illusion with Gypsy Balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnstess
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of johnstess
Hey everyone!

I saw this cool performance of a man floating whilst doing Gyspy Balloon. Here is the link! https://youtu.be/dUfDez1JsOc

I am interested in the floating illusion he used for this effect! Anybody have some knowledge as to what it is and where I can maybe find it?

Thanks everyone!
top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21186 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is 1st balloon trick called Wonder Floating Balloon.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15977

Here is another stool levitation by Kerry Pollack.

http://www.ceswebsite.com/catalog/magic/barstool/

They are all very expensive, no matter which version you are interested in.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
johnstess
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of johnstess
You guys rock! Thanks a ton!
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
184 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
I think the cool part is that second purple balloon seems to not float before he starts to rise. any suggestions on that?
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21186 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, Zakari Asiago wrote:
I think the cool part is that second purple balloon seems to not float before he starts to rise. any suggestions on that?

I think that was just a mistake on the performers part, must have forgot where in the routine which balloon to be holding. Sometimes nerves get the best of us.

Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1739 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, Zakari Asiago wrote:

I think that was just a mistake on the performers part, must have forgot where in the routine which balloon to be holding. Sometimes nerves get the best of us.

I'm not advocating that this routine be copied, but it seems to me that the balloon was weighted and then the weight was taken off. The "no-float/float" was part of the routine. The video appears to have been edited at 2:03 right after there is a flash of some kind of attachment to the balloon.
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21186 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Terry Holley, I have the Wonder Floating Balloon effect I referenced above. With it you get video of RYOTA's routine, he uses rising levitation with his balloon effect. I have to say, it sounds like you are only guessing.

The person was trying to copy the original inventor, looks like it to me.

You can see very plainly the performing walking back and forth to get the different balloons, one for Ryota's routine and one for another effect he was planning.

It is just a goof, edited goof or actual performance goof, who cares. Mistakes happen.

Buy the Wonder Balloon and see for yourself, it is a great effect.

Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1739 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Terry Holley, I have the Wonder Floating Balloon effect I referenced above. With it you get video of RYOTA's routine, he uses rising levitation with his balloon effect. I have to say, it sounds like you are only guessing.

The person was trying to copy the original inventor, looks like it to me.

You can see very plainly the performing walking back and forth to get the different balloons, one for Ryota's routine and one for another effect he was planning.

It is just a goof, edited goof or actual performance goof, who cares. Mistakes happen.

Buy the Wonder Balloon and see for yourself, it is a great effect.

Bill,

I'm not talking about the Wonder Floating Balloon part of the video. I'm talking about the end of the routine where the performer clearly uses a helium balloon. At first he has the helium balloon weighted so that it can't float. He then takes off the weight (the video is edited right at that spot). Look close and you'll see something attached to the balloon. Then you'll notice a "hiccup" in the video. Once he removes the weight the balloon is free to rise. That part of the routine has nothing to do with the Wonder Floating Balloon method. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the balloon is tied to a ribbon during what I call the helium float and not a rope as it is during the Ryota method.

No mistakes here in my opinion. A balloon that doesn't float becomes a balloon that does float (without using the Ryota method). He can hold the ribbon farther away from the balloon than he can in the Ryota method and let it fly to the ceiling at the end and leave it there without having to buy another gimmick!
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
academy
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of academy
You may consider Viktor Voitko version where the stool allows to levitate the balloon.

https://www.magic-voitko.com/double-levi......r-voitko

Regards
Maddies Ghost
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Maddies Ghost
IssY Simpson performed this at the recent Blackpool Convention.Except she levitated 30 feet in the air .
top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
30 feet? Wow that's high.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Floating Illusion with Gypsy Balloon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL