The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Minimalistic, Metaphysical Mentalism by Scott Creasey (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
danieltirado
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of danieltirado
Me to, its in my 2019 list to buy! Thans Scott... Smile
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
716 Posts

Profile of Scott
So guys,

Happy new year to you all. Some of you have PM'd me to alert me to the fact I have left the 15% discount on my book in place even though I said it would expire on Dec 24th 2018.

That is because I made a conscious effort this year to avoid all work and social media and instead concentrate on my family so I didn't take it down.

However, today Lulu sent me an additional 15% discount code which is valid until the 10th of Jan, so to see in the new year I'll be leaving the original 15% discount in place until the 10th. That means a whopping 30% discount off the price of the book until midnight on the 10th of Jan.

Here's the Lulu discount coupon code and the link to the book if you haven't already read the reviews.

Happy New Year.

Save 15% on orders of print books
Use Code: ONEFIVE

Ends 10 January at 11:59 PM

https://www.mentalmagicism.com/books-on-lulu.html

Regards

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Seems like a good deal.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
The real magic here... is that anyone believes that people PM Scott every few days - for him to bump/spam this thread to the top

Because Lulu always have a discount - it's not worth buying [a big ticket item] unless they are having one of their bigger discounts [30-35% off]

Anything less than 30% and it's not really a discount - it's just their normal deal, that they run all year round
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
BTW rather than spamming this thread - there is a seperate thread that gives updates on the current discount offered by Lulu - or better still just sign up to their newsletter

Or just bash this in any time you feel like checking:

http://www.lulu.com/promos/current-specials
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2994 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks for the updates Scott. Much appreciated, keep them coming.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2019, 252life wrote:
Thanks for the updates Scott. Much appreciated, keep them coming.


Not sure if you are being disingenuous

Have you bought MMM [?]

Or you have been watching this thread since when [before November] – and still want the discount codes? But are too lazy to check them yourself?

I only bring it up – as if everyone did this for their Lulu book – which they should if MMM keeps doing it… then L&G will become silly

I understand it’s great that Scott can advertise a ‘sale price’ that doesn’t affect his cut of the money

And I also think Scott comes across as a nice fellow

I just think the ‘people ask me to tell them’ – is either not true… or he has the most lazy people interested in buying his book, who never actually buy it – that he keeps bumping it

And…

Yes I have bought the book myself

P.S.

252Life I'm not hating on you - you seem like a nice person, but your statement, that's meant to help 'defend' Scott bumping the thread, to me just proces further why the relentless bumps are a bit much
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2994 Posts

Profile of 252life
I have the book. I like Scott. I’ve never found him to be pushy/manipulative/conniving.
I appreciate him promoting his products in any way he sees fit.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
But.... he bumps both here and 'down below' on these 'non' special discounts

He pretends that people ask him to [or worse, he has people who really are dumb enough to be asking him - but that would be far too unlikely]

You made the statement - as if you asked him to inform you [where as in reality you already have the book]

Is this not the definition of spamming [?]

It's on both forums... all the time.

I get it

In spite of that... Scott comes across as a good guy

But if he does this - and then others start to follow suit - it's bad enough here... but if every creator on Lulu bumped threads here, and 'down stairs' every Lulu 'discount' gah

Yes he's a good guy

But even with that on board - it is something a sesnible forum should crack down on [?]

Or am I wrong?

I mean I keep thinking there's something of interest on here [having got the book] - but it's just the bounce with the rather silly 'as people PM to ask me to inform them' excuse.... even if they did - [which they didn't] - just PM them when the new exclusive Lulu never to happen again discount is on... hmm
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
716 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2019, The Duster wrote:

He pretends that people ask him to [or worse, he has people who really are dumb enough to be asking him - but that would be far too unlikely]


I mean I keep thinking there's something of interest on here [having got the book] - but it's just the bounce with the rather silly 'as people PM to ask me to inform them' excuse.... even if they did - [which they didn't] - just PM them when the new exclusive Lulu never to happen again discount is on... hmm


Duster,

Thanks for the almost constructive criticism, you have obviously hacked my private messages if you can state as fact that I haven't received any pm's from "people who really are dumb enough to be asking".

So let me just clarify, my position.

You are wrong.

I have had dozens of people PM me via the Café since the book was released last May, to ask that I let them know when the next deal from Lulu etc is available, simply because they don't have lulu accounts, don't have time to check Lulu daily themselves, missed the last deal or are waiting for a better discount. So rather than spend ages private messaging them individually I just update the threads to let those people know.

Next I have a mailing list of approximately 2000 people many of whom email me fairly regularly asking questions about various releases, routines and techniques, but I also receive dozens of emails every week from those asking for discounts and freebies, many of whom are also members of the Café who ask me for updates either via email, facebook or the Café itself, all of which are platforms I use.

Out of interest the last offer I put up on the Café (yesterday) immediately resulted in 5 sales of the book one in the UK one in Canada, one in Denmark and two in the US these sales were as a direct result of the last discount posted in both threads and two of those were people who had already PM'd me to let them know when the next lulu discount was available and both then PM'd me with a messages that simply said, "Thanks Scott ordered".

You call it spam, I call it customer service.

However I take on board what you have said and I won't post any offers in these two threads again.

Before I go however I'd just like to let everybody who may be interested know, that I am half way through writing volume two of MMM, which covers another 30 or more minimalistic routines but these have a less metaphysical flavour, hopefully that volume will be released by the end of April (ish). I will be sending a couple of the routines as freebie tasters to all those on my mailing list.

Duster not sure if you are on my mailing list because I have no idea who you are and your profile reveals nothing, anonymity is a wonderful thing eh!

After that I'm moving in a completely different direction, to be honest after 14 years of lecturing and 5 years focusing on writing and releasing videos of the material I've been working to death for 30 years, I've had enough so probably won't be releasing anything new for the general magic/mentalism fraternity again.

With that in mind, I'll say bye bye to the Café for a while.

Regards

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
tomd
View Profile
Special user
740 Posts

Profile of tomd
Hi Scott,

Should I go to the website in your signature to join the mailing list?
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
230 Posts

Profile of IanB
Hi Scott
Shame you've had some negative feedback. You're one of the good guys!!
I find it funny that on most threads in this section, when something new is released, you get a variety of dealers making a post which is blatantly being used to persuade you to order from them. Free advertising and marketing.
This is done under the guise of making some benign comment about the "greatness" of the release.
They seem to be allowed to do this with impunity.
Ah well. It's the Café's loss to have you disappear of the threads.
Take care
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
714 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
The irony is, the thread has been bumped a lot more because of The Duster! Although I can’t say I sent a PM i’m glad to see the offer and will probably pick this up!
tomd
View Profile
Special user
740 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2019, tomd wrote:
Hi Scott,

Should I go to the website in your signature to join the mailing list?

Scott replied to me via PM, if anyone has genuine inquires I suggest PMing or emailing him.
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Where is MMM 2? Smile

Just Curious! How is it going?
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
716 Posts

Profile of Scott
Soooo,

A couple of updates for those who are interested.

It's been a few weeks since I checked in to the Café, and although I did say I wouldn't post any discount offers in these threads again because apparently, as someone pointed out,

Quote:
He pretends that people ask him to [or worse, he has people who really are dumb enough to be asking him - but that would be far too unlikely]-it's just the bounce with the rather silly 'as people PM to ask me to inform them' excuse....


I have decided I will keep people up to day because contrary to what some people think I am still getting PM's from those who want to hear about any discount offer updates, the latest PM received yesterday being ...

Quote:
Hi Scott. I unfortunately missed the discount that finished on 10th Jan. If I could be put on a list to be notified of any future discount that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dominic


Oh and before you ask, Dominic did give me permission to use the quote and I can tell you now, he is far from dumb.

So here's the latest discount code, unfortunately it expires on the 7th, I would have put it up earlier but all those who did PM me I've already told about it so this is for those of you who didn't, if you already have a copy of volume one, you can skip this bit and move to the other news further down.

Save 20% On All Print Products Your Promo Code: TWENTY19 |Offer Expires 7 February 2019 and here's the link to the book.

https://www.mentalmagicism.com/books-on-lulu.html

And for those of you who have asked on the thread and privately about the progress with MMM2, all I can say is, it is coming along nicely and should be on schedule for the end of April.

I'm 22 routines in with a fair few more to add (although I haven't started the photo's yet), I didn't realise until I started going through my note books, just how much material I have produced and performed over the past 30 years using just a stack of blank cards. I have a feeling there will be as many if not more material in volume 2 than 1 and the majority of it has less of a psychic flavour so should be suitable for all working environments.

I'm also including my adaptation of an old technique which when combined with the double blank cards opens up a ton of possibilities, it is something I've only shared with a handful of mentalists so far but I'm including half a dozen routines using the system. For example The Bookless Book test will enable you to read a persons mind and tell them, the author of an imaginary book, the imaginary page they turn to and the imaginary word the choose on that page. No set up, no pre-show, no electronics, no forces and best of all no book.

But the main reason for writing this post is to let everybody who is interested know that in a couple of weeks I will be sharing a sneak preview of one or two of the routines from volume 2 with all those who have signed up to my newsletter/mailing list. (you also get to download a free copy of my book Enveloplogy Vol 1.

Those on my list will also receive notification of when the book is available along with an introductory discount, I promise no spam or heavy marketing, just the odd offer and update and if you don't want to stay on the list, simply take the free stuff with my compliments and then unsubscribe.

So here's the link to sign up to the newsletter if you want to be kept informed. https://www.mentalmagicism.com/newsletter.html

Many regards

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2994 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thank you Scott.
Please keep the updates coming, they are appreciated.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2019, 252life wrote:
Thank you Scott.
Please keep the updates coming, they are appreciated.


Yes, and for the ones who didn’t get MMM, get it! My humble opinion is that Scott should keep posting discounts on the thread, I see no harm and this is a favor for comunity.


Scott,

Please keep us updated for MMM 2.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Ha - yep and so should all creators who have books on Lulu

It's silly and not appropirate

The guys suggesting he do this - already have the book

There is another thread on here that posts Lulu codes and offers - it should not be used to spam each and every book on L&G that is a disservice to all users and will create a mess of the 1st page
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Valid point Duster...


Well anyway Scott, please keep us updated on MMM2. Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Minimalistic, Metaphysical Mentalism by Scott Creasey (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL