The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Minimalistic, Metaphysical Mentalism by Scott Creasey (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
Hirosheroes
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Hirosheroes
Thanks for tipping the 15% discount.

Love Scott's creativity and I'm glad he is including a video with the book showing some of the moves (sometimes it's hard to follow these through words/pictures alone).

My order is in Smile
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Wondering how much overlap from his other works?
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Wondering how much overlap from his other works?

Im curious about this too since I have 90% of the material released by Scott
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
799 Posts

Profile of Scott
OK guys,

First of all to those who say they have subscribed over the past day or two, the email with the link was sent to those who were already subscribed to the list so if you subscribed after the email was sent you won't have received the link, however I did send a second email to everybody on the list yesterday lunch time.

I didn't expect anybody to post the release of the new book on the Café because the original email was an exclusive offer to those already on my mailing list and those who opted in again after the GDPR deadline.

However not a problem and if you've asked me for it I have either emailed you or PM'd you.

As for overlaps with my other works, there are maybe one or two overlaps where premise is concerned however apart from that I haven't released any of this stuff before.

Anyway today is my son's 18th birthday so I'm going offline now for the rest of the weekend.

Regards

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
159 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hi Scott,
I subscribed on Thursday and it seems slipped through the cracks 😀
But no matter. Enjoy the birthday of your son, nothing is more important than family.
Take care
Stefan
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
799 Posts

Profile of Scott
OK guys I've just added Richard Websters review of the new book to my site. I have to say I am somewhat overwhelmed but really happy. Here are a few snippets as it is quite a long review but I've included a link to the full version below.

"Wow! what a book!"

"I knew M.M.M. would be good because I've read some of your work before, but I had no idea it would be as good as it is. You've done an amazing job, and I can’t believe how generous you’ve been in releasing such valuable material from your act. If someone had told me that I’d be entranced with every page of a mentalism book that contained virtually nothing but effects with double-blank playing cards and markers, I wouldn't have believed them".

"Your version of Q&A is exceptional, and is worth many times the cost of your book. I love the fact that’s it’s impromptu and can be performed for both small and large audiences".

You can see the full version here. https://www.mentalmagicism.com/books-on-lulu.html

Regards

Scott

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
If you liked Scott's Q&A Evolution, you will love Q&A Simplified in M.M.M.

All of the benefits of Q&A Evolution, without the need for prepared cards. Q&A Simplified uses only double-blank cards and a few sharpies. That's it.

M.M.M. provides handlings for one-on-one readings, Q&A for small or large audiences.

Quite ingenious.
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
I'm currently 60 odd pages in and wow, this book has surpassed my expectations already.

The routine suggestion of the 3 effects together is brilliant. I don't want to commit to learning it just yet as who knows what else the book contains!

To be honest, this is the most I've spent on a book,and I was a bit nervous, but I'm more than happy with my purchase
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Mine was mailed from Lulu yesterday. Can't wait!!!
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
799 Posts

Profile of Scott
Thanks for the kind words guys, I can see by the number of video downloads that people are starting to get their copies now.

I hope you like what you find.

Regards

Scott

Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
I'm towards the end now and haven't been able to put it down. It has honestly changed my approach to performing.
Great effects with minimal(istic) props which means pocket management is simplified massively.

I cant wait to perform these routines!
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
799 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, Pixelated wrote:
I'm towards the end now and haven't been able to put it down. It has honestly changed my approach to performing.
Great effects with minimal(istic) props which means pocket management is simplified massively.

I cant wait to perform these routines!

I am so glad you are finding stuff you can use in the book. That is all I can hope for.

Regards

Scott

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
799 Posts

Profile of Scott
Blowing Smoke!

Just opened an email from a guy who I have a lot of respect for as a real worker in this business and really wasn't expecting what I read. His words literally made me blush.

Quote:
I want to just say this...and then I will leave you in peace.

Your book is superb...simply superb...and I am only a few effects into it.

Regarding your thinking toward mentalism, I wholeheartedly agree. This is the most inspirational book on mentalism that I have read in years and the best material I have come across for a very very long time. As you know I am a huge fan of Annemann, Andruzzi and Charles Cameron, I regard them as the masters of their craft, I have say, without blowing smoke up your arse, I regard you as being in the same league. Seriously, keep up the good work... David Lees

Lulu are offering free postage on all their print books until midnight on Monday the 18th of June, using this coupon code SHIPIT2018 if you are thinking of ordering.

Here's the link if you haven't seen it. http://www.lulu.com/shop/scott-creasey/m......072.html

Regards

Scott

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
799 Posts

Profile of Scott
Guys,

Richard Webster has given me permission to post his review of my book Minimalistic, Metaphysical, Mentalism here so I know I'm blowing my own trumpet but this guy has influenced my work so much over the past 30 years I was struck dumb when I read what he had to say.

Quote:
Hi Scott,

Wow, what a book.

I knew M.M.M. would be good because I've read some of your work before, but I had no idea it would be as good as it is. You've done an amazing job, and I can't believe how generous you've been in releasing such valuable material from your act. If someone had told me that I'd be entranced with every page of a mentalism book that contained virtually nothing but effects with double-blank playing cards and markers, I wouldn't have believed them. If they'd told me the book was 362 pages long, I'd have laughed. Once I started reading your book, though, the only time I put it down was to try out your moves and routines. I enjoyed your advice almost as much as the routines, especially "Believability and Suspension of Belief" and your thinking on Q&A.

Your version of Q&A is exceptional, and is worth many times the cost of your book. I love the fact that it's impromptu and can be performed for both small and large audiences. I've spent a surprising amount of money over the years on "What’s my sign?" effects. I'm going to be using your "Zodi-act" method from now on. I'll also be using your version of confabulation, your oracle stack, and Tarot in Your Pocket. I’ve made good use of your earlier version of Tarot in Your Pocket and am looking forward to the simplicity of your new version. "History, Mystery, Gift" is something I'll be performing regularly. I love magic squares and your thinking on this, and how to make it easier and more entertaining, is excellent. I like your in the hands version (The Mystic Square) too. I haven't tried your design duplication (Pb) yet, and am looking forward to trying it out. You have a genius for creating original routines using simple methods.

There's enough material in just the first hundred pages of your book to provide an astute psychic entertainer with everything he could ever need to forge a lucrative career. As long as he had ambition and a pleasing personality there’s no limit to how far he could go. M.M.M. is essential reading for anyone interested in making a career as a psychic entertainer.

You’ve no idea how much I've longed to see another entertainer use numerology and Tarot as an integral part of his performance, and reading this book was the next best thing to seeing you perform. I really, really hope our paths cross before too long. I'm in Europe every year, so maybe we could arrange to meet somewhere.

Please feel free to use anything I've said here to promote your book.

Warmest wishes,

Richard

If you still haven't bought you copy then you can read more about it and see more reviews, here https://www.mentalmagicism.com/books-on-lulu.html#

Regards

Scott

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
What's remarkable about this book is it's written by a man who has earned his living performing for over 30 years, and has figured out how to perform essentially every effect and routine in all of mentalism using nothing more than a stack of double blank cards and a few sharpies. And has done so in a way that is highly entertaining and deceptive. Yes, you may choose to add a couple of large pads of paper if performing for a large crowd, but that's entirely optional.

Think about this for a moment.

A complete stage performance of modern mentalism, with everything required fitting in a single pocket. And not written by a hobbyist or armchair performer, but someone who earns his living performing this same material he teaches.

M.M.M.is, to my way of thinking, the new Master Course in Mentalism. A modern classic.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I have wanted to post in this thread repeatedly over the last week as I read the book but I made myself wait until I finished it.

Such a great book! Very likely one of the very best books on mentalism I've ever read. Nothing in here is a random brain fart, these are all excellent working routines that clearly have been honed over many performances. Great moves, great ideas, great routines - everything motivated and natural.

The book builds and builds, starting with good material and ending with some incredible takes on mentalism classics.

The cliche here is unavoidable - there is stuff in here that is for sure going directly in my act (C.C.P!) and I am also strongly considering switching to his version of 4DT. It's really, really good. His take on Name and Place is also a nice change of pace. And the move he teaches for a p**k with a stack... I don't want to even name it lest you guys who haven't bought the book try and figure it out.... but it's so deceptive and so so so good. If you read it but didn't try it, do it. You'll fool yourself (I think it's much better with a table fwiw).

Oh, and the Q&A is amazing. I've read most if not all of Scott's published Q&A methods, and this one is by far the best IMO.

Scott has been known and respected in the mentalism community for releasing clever and practical material, but I see that he has been holding back the best of it. Until now. So good.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Marko Ragnos
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Marko Ragnos
It will be nice to publish table of contents.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
This is an exceptional book. Scott is an amazing thinker. His routines are clearly honed to perfection over time. Nothing extraneous, nothing wasted. I've bought several of his effects in the past and always was impressed, but I find that MMM is by far the most insightful, impactful work he's shared. The title says it all -- Minimalistic means only using are a stack of blank cards, a rubber band, and a Sharpie. Metaphysical means you're learning ways to make your routines meaningful and memorable. It all adds up to Mentalism that is thoroughly entertain for your audience. Big fan.
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
799 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
This is an exceptional book. Scott is an amazing thinker. His routines are clearly honed to perfection over time. Nothing extraneous, nothing wasted. I've bought several of his effects in the past and always was impressed, but I find that MMM is by far the most insightful, impactful work he's shared. The title says it all -- Minimalistic means only using are a stack of blank cards, a rubber band, and a Sharpie. Metaphysical means you're learning ways to make your routines meaningful and memorable. It all adds up to Mentalism that is thoroughly entertain for your audience. Big fan.

Thankyou for the kind words. Glad you are enjoying the book.

Regards

Scott

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
799 Posts

Profile of Scott
If you have only just heard about my new book I thought I'd let you know I've just had another offer from Lulu if are still thinking about buying your copy of Minimalistic, Metaphysical Mentalism.

Save 10% on orders of print products, plus free mail or 50% off ground shipping
Use Code: BOOKSHIP18

Cannot be combined with other offers

Ends 25 June at 23:59

So you got until midnight tonight to take advantage of this offer, you can find out more here. https://www.mentalmagicism.com/books-on-lulu.html

Regards

Scott

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Minimalistic, Metaphysical Mentalism by Scott Creasey (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL