The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Glow in the Dark Bands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi all. Does anyone know if there is a company out there that makes glow-in-the dark rubberbands? I'm thinking of this for situations where lighting is dimmer, but you still may want to do CMH or another band routine. I haven't put much thought into it otherwise, considered if it still wouldn't be visible, the glowing would be distracting, etc. Thanks.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
GavinK
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
60 Posts

Profile of GavinK
If it's a simple matter of the lighting being dim, check out your local office supply store and get some brighter collered rubber bands. They come in all kinds of colors these days.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
At the moment I don't have any lighting problems, I was just thinking for the future if it ever comes up. Also may be other routine possibilities with the glowing. Thanks for the advice.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
GavinK
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
60 Posts

Profile of GavinK
My pleasure.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
If they have not been made yet then you have stumbled onto a nice little idea.
Glow in the dark rubber bands. I think that's a winner.

Good thinking mate.

Marcus.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Mindbender
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Mindbender
Kevin,

If I'm not mistaken, when people get braces on their teeth they can choose glow-in-the-dark elastics if they want.

Yet, I just did a search on the web and the only thing I could find were companies which print phosphorescent ink on the band of your choice (usually for promotional purposes).

I spoke with someone at Promobrands (www.promobrands.com) who said they could completely coat both sides of a rubber band, but the minimum order is 500 pieces at 40 cents per band. When I asked if they carry #19 bands (popular amongst rubber band magicians), they said yes, and that for no extra cost they could provide bands which are a bit wider than usual, thus providing more visibility. I'm not sure how abrasion-resistant the ink is. But with 498 spares you wouldn't have to worry about running out of replacements!

Good luck in your quest.

Richard
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Marcus, thanks for the compliment, and Richard thank you for your research! I might have to get creative and come up with a routine that uses glowing bands.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
x303
View Profile
New user
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada.
74 Posts

Profile of x303
Around Halloween you can buy glow in the dark liquid, maybe soaking/staining the bands?

Bob
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
I have seen them in black light bands for like raves and parties etc. I have never seen glow in the dark. I'm sure there is a company somewhere that makes them. Do some research. You may find nothing and can start a rubber band company, ahaha lol.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Glow in the Dark Bands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL