The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Dean's Box question... (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Does anyone have the manufacturing rights and is making the prop? Or are knock offs or used originals the only options these days?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ask Pete Biro, he was close to Dean, seen him regularly.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
DEAN'S BOXES ARE STILL BEING MADE BY tHE SAME CRAFTSMEN THAT MADE THEM FOR DEAN. THE FINAL ASSEMBLY IS DONE BY MIKE BARRY. I BELIEVE DEAN'S WIDOW IS HANDLING DISTRIBUTION TO A FEW DEALERS.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Hocus pocus magic shop has them for sale.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
YES, Dean's widow supplies Hocus Pocus
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Thanks, Pete! Glad to hear she is in the loop and the prop is still available from a legitimate source.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm really happy about this too! I still have my original box, but it's good to know that these are still being created by the same craftsman. Pete, do you know if any of Dean's other props are still being produced with permission, or is it just Dean's Box?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
This is just a fantastic prop and hope to pick one up in the future. I have seen several of these, real and knock off. The fakes seem too have the wrong hardware or ropes or both. All the real ones I have seen have the Dean Dill stamp with his image. Never seen a fake with this stamp. Curious if anybody knows If all the real ones have the stamp.
scenic effects
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin - USA
77 Posts

Profile of scenic effects
I have one that is not really old as it has the black material. I am certain it is genuine and it does not have the image and stamp.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I thought the originals had red curtains? I may be wrong, but I purchased mine when it was considered a new effect, and the curtains are red.

I also picked up one of his prototypes from the estate sale. It's one of my favorite props in my collection.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Curtain materials varied based on availability at the time he made purchases. There are other items still being made, Nana's Necklace is one and some close-up pads. I do not know who is handling retail sales though. I will try to find out.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Dean Dill's widow supplies effects primarily to Hocus-Pocus. Go there and use search to see whay is in stock.
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Such an awesome trick and what a beautiful box. I ordered mine directly from Dean Dill maybe one year before he left us. He was very friendly in the email communication.
Mine does not have the stamp either. The box is also available again in Europe in some online magic shops (delivery time 4-5 weeks).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Dean's Box question... (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL