The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Trumpet (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3811 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2018, MentalistCreationLab wrote:
"Why not just make one from some poster board?" I can think of a number of reasons that would be a complete waste of time.

Absolutely.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2133 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
I'm surprised there hasn't been more offerings of a gimmicked version. Why would one need a gimmicked version? That is the real question!

Unless Penguin put out a dvd the masses have clue what one is.............
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
979 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
I have a modern spirit trumpet made of aluminum, but I’d imagine the early ones were made of tin.
Bob
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Correct Sir, The old ones were tin and the newer good versions are aluminum. Which is not bad since tin sheet is hard to get from time to time. Tin is also nice because it will flash rust when its new from normal handling over time tin will develop a nice patina. As where aluminum will just look kind of dull in tone.

Any one know the difference between the two types of metals? Tin has a slightly better resonance. It;s the other reason that is in a way more important.
Atticus R. Cane
View Profile
Regular user
since Mar 15, 2007 and still only
181 Posts

Profile of Atticus R. Cane
Weight?
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1027 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I like the idea of a Spirit Trumpet...a few years back I built a 'spirit communicator' that used a trumpet...based on Edison's idea. Attached is a link to view, I made it a comedy type idea but can be used in a serious presentation also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GglSkyKfNOE
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4314 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
I'm surprised there hasn't been more offerings of a gimmicked version. Why would one need a gimmicked version? That is the real question!

Exactly. Those in the know, know there's no need for a gimmicked trumpet.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Sheffield, UK
186 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2018, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
At "Spooked in Seattle," they have a vintage spirit trumpet on display. If they ever decide to close up and sell their collection, there's quite a few items I'm planning on acquiring (along with the vintage wooden original Ouija board and planchette).

When I was in NYC last Easter I went to a magic shop (the one with the Houdini collection) and they had several Spirit Trumpets in a cabinet - looked pretty authentic and possibly owed by Houdini himself. I got the impression everything in the shop was for sale - at the right price? Some nice early, boxed planchettes too.

Nick
www.dark-artifacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted hauntiques. The Uninvited, Deathwatch, The Gift, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5271 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I believe that is Fantasma. I was there a couple of years ago and don't remember seeing them. Of course I could have missed them, or they are newer additions.

I think the Houdini collection is just for display, but as you say..."at the right price."
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
HeatherV
View Profile
Regular user
Music City
185 Posts

Profile of HeatherV
Quote:

Any one know the difference between the two types of metals? Tin has a slightly better resonance. It;s the other reason that is in a way more important.

I don't. Please educate me.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
The old tin type allows you to do an effect that appears as the spirit is grabbing the trumpet out of the persons hands.Can be done with the newer type but not as easily as the tin type do to weight. Now I not saying any more about that other than that is the effect. I covered the spirit trumpet in great detail in my audio program series Inside the Seance Mind in Volume 5.
HeatherV
View Profile
Regular user
Music City
185 Posts

Profile of HeatherV
I will look for it. Thank you!
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
Hookland
477 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I believe that is Fantasma. I was there a couple of years ago and don't remember seeing them. Of course I could have missed them, or they are newer additions.

I think the Houdini collection is just for display, but as you say..."at the right price."

Perhaps they didn’t want to be seen!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Trumpet (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL