The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Grateful Dead (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
This whole post is a joke...in a way.

I am a drummer. I would really like my card magic to be liquid as the Dead's drummers.

Deadheads will get it.

Move along, now.
jhostler
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of jhostler
Bill and Mickey would be honored.
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
I was smashed when I posted this.

At least there is ONE deadhead out there.
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
I steal your face.

jhostler
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of jhostler
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, kShepher wrote:
I was smashed when I posted this.

At least there is ONE deadhead out there.

We are everywhere.
MaxArtifice
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of MaxArtifice
Yes, Deadheads will get it. This one did.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1946 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Moving along...gratefully.
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
There is hope.

For those who haven't....check out Every which way but another way out of Card Devilry. If some genius could eliminate the second dealing sequence it would be in the top ten.
jeffthemediocre
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jeffthemediocre
BE KIND
saw dead and company in new orleans last weekend....incredible....mickey says hi
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
My old friend just sent a pic of Micky slamming the Beam.

What has happened to our culture? No talents getting rich off of morons to no end. I'm off my soapbox.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2018, kShepher wrote:
What has happened to our culture? No talents getting rich off of morons to no end. I'm off my soapbox.

They said this in the 50s. And the 60s. And the 70s. And the 80s. And the 90s. And the 00s.

Careful, that empty soapbox might collapse out from under you.
jhostler
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of jhostler
The Dead themselves were open to pop, folk, rock, blues, and jazz influences - some quite un-hip at the time (the Monkees?! Bill Monroe?!). Unfortunately - and this is NOT directed at anyone here - many Heads sort of terminated their musical evolution with the discovery of Jerry and company. There's SOOOO much more out there! Everything from Tom Waits to Julian Cope to Sturgill Simpson to Margo Price to Esquivel to...
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2018, jhostler wrote:
Everything from Tom Waits to Julian Cope to Sturgill Simpson to Margo Price to Esquivel to...

My man! Love all those folx.
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
Rupert...you might be right.

Watching Capital Theatre 1979...I think.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hey now! Lifelong Canadian Deadhead here - why I'm wearing a liquid blue "Casey Jones" tie-dye as I type this!

In addition I have a card effect that is titled "The Grateful Dead. And to make matters worse, I have a new Magic and Mentalism periodical I publish titled "Skeletons from the Closet"....

And in the spirit of the diggers and the 60's - it's FREE. More info here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

Smile
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2018, jhostler wrote:
There's SOOOO much more out there! Everything from Tom Waits to Julian Cope to Sturgill Simpson to Margo Price to Esquivel to...

Blasphemy! Lukewarm Deadheads these days...

Smile

(Just kiddin' of course.)

Since there are a few of us in here it seems...Donna or no Donna? Pig, Keith, or Brent? (I doubt few will say Vince or Tom) Smile And as much as I like Mickey, I honestly think Bill was better when he was by himself.

"Roll those laughing bones...." Smile
jhostler
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of jhostler
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2018, Sudo Nimh wrote:

Blasphemy! Lukewarm Deadheads these days...

Smile

(Just kiddin' of course.)

Since there are a few of us in here it seems...Donna or no Donna? Pig, Keith, or Brent? (I doubt few will say Vince or Tom) Smile And as much as I like Mickey, I honestly think Bill was better when he was by himself.

"Roll those laughing bones...." Smile

No Donna. Pigpen, Keith, & Brent each served their respective eras well... but Jerry may have been inspired most by Mydland. While Bill was a monster from '73-'74, I still have a soft spot for the "popcorn machine!"
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I have to agree with Kreutzman on the subject of Donna - she didn't fit. That said, I have a soft spot for Donna - it's pretty hard to imagine 'no Donna' on some of those mind-blowing shows from the '77 tour...

Mydland was something else and I think there's absolutely no denying he inspired Jerry. I'm sure you've seen this (who hasn't?) but watch Jer around the the 10:00 mark. Not only is Jerry bobbin' with a huge grin as he admires Brent, but even Bobby is staring over too. Brent at his finest.

Brings a little tear to my eye every time I see this one.

kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
My friend knocked on my front door when I was a kid. His Mom drove him there to pick my up. He had an extra ticket to Roosevelt Stadium, 1974. I said no because I wanted to go to theMall.

Yup!
jhostler
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of jhostler
Shaky start, but well worth it! (I remember that backdrop well...)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Grateful Dead (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL