The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Vinny Marini, who is he? (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
I sometimes see threads that says Vinny Marini or Godfather.

Can anyone tell me who Vinny is and why he is famous?

Also he seems to be doing a Penguin Live Lecture which I am subscribed to.

Thanks
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
He isn't famous.
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
But sometimes I see threads talking about him.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
One does not need to be famous to be great at what they do. If you get the lecture, I’m willing to say you will get much out of it.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi I'm vinny the gofather of magic

Here is Vinny's Penguin lecture, for your information.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9421
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Vinny is right there ^
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Vinny really knows his stuff. Great guy, great magic.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Honestly, I watched (not wasting my time anymore) many videos he posted and there is not ONE I liked or found useful or well performed!
So this lecture is an absolute "No" for me.

If it's going to be a flop for Penguin, I cannot say. It certainly looks as if they are "scratching the bottom of the barrel" (literally translated from an Italian saying - dunno if there is an English equivalent).

Mark
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2018, mlippo wrote:
It certainly looks as if they are "scratching the bottom of the barrel" (literally translated from an Italian saying - dunno if there is an English equivalent).

Nope, you summed it up perfectly Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Vinny is not only a great magician, but he is generous and shares his knowledge freely. He has also performed at the Magic Castle.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I've found Vinny's "squeeze palm" very useful in swiftly controlling a card either to top or bottom. Also, I've often used his own version of the "gambler's false cut". Both of these sleights he freely offered to Café folks. Do a search, and you'll find a lot more! Lynn
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I appreciate Vinny's love of our art and his conntribution to our community.
Thanks Vinny.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
ssibal
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of ssibal
Vinny has made many contributions to the community, and its a shame that there are many ungrateful and jealous folks on this site.
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Maybe they are just stating their real opinions??
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2018, ssibal wrote:
jealous folks on this site.

Jealous of what exactly?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
So happy to see The Godfather on this big stage, he truly deserves it. He has been here on the Café sharing his knowledge since the beginning, and he is willing to help anyone. He has several DVDs available, plays the famous "Magic Castle," regularly works clubs & restaurants, and is recognized and respected by magicians all over the world for his clever and unique closeup magic. All of this is true enough and verifiable. That he has detractors, or those that happen not to like his work (or him even) well, that's par for the course, just ask Obama and Trump. Smile The good and the not-so-good have their detractors, it's just how this stuff (actually all stuff) works sometimes. Smile

But regardless, add another star to Vinny's list of accomplishments, "Penguin LIVE Lectures." You don't get asked there if you have nothing worthwhile to share, and you must be noted and someone that a great many others admire for their work. All of this is as true for Vinny as for anyone else Penguin has thought to give grand showcase to.

So, it is what it is and The Godfather has again been recognized for his fine work, most of which he will share with you simply if you ask. Not so sure what others here have done or done for others, but I am sure about what Vinny Marini has done and continues to do in the way of "Magicians Helping Magicians." Not to mention, he's fun to watch and a darn good closeup man, coins, cards, rubber bands, whatever, and most "darn good closeup men" will tell you that...Just ask'em!

With that, I'm rooting for Vinny because he's a real winner, and this Sunday night (2/25) you'll see why, yet again. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Yes, making fun of people and intentionally hurting by the words used is what we need more of.
Very nice to read compeers encouraging and being helpful to one another. Reminds me of scool
kids picking on others to get a laugh.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
I've always enjoyed Vinny's videos. He isn't a videographer so they are raw as hell.
They all look like one-take cell-phone vids in the kitchen, but the ideas and concepts are often original and clever.
Viewers who prefer slick-production and perfect-takes to raw-magic should look elsewhere.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, davidpaul$ wrote:
Yes, making fun of people and intentionally hurting by the words used is what we need more of.
Very nice to read compeers encouraging and being helpful to one another. Reminds me of scool
kids picking on others to get a laugh.

I won't entertain the trolls here (and you know who they are) but David you I will respond to....

I really don't think Vinny means anything by any little barbs tossed around (perhaps it's the "Don Rickles" in him...RIP), mostly because they are just things hurled back at others who most times attack him first...it's a NYC thing. Smile He's a fiesty old dude from the salty NYC streets, much like the great, Harry Lorayne here...And yes, to a fault at times, they will not back down from a fight or any measure of disrespect.

So, Vinny doesn't pick on anybody the way some pile-up on him at times, rather, he regularly helps others and is always willing to show them the way. None of us will get perfect scores when it's all added up, but the goal is to score as high as you can. I think Vinny is scoring high with his magic, and in his life and good will towards others.

Hope you enjoy the lecture, you'll see a lot of good will and magic there. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Marion thank you for supporting me and the rest of the magicians here on the Café aS WELL..

i rarely come here any more because of the insults by the same people and very often they change there names/
the moderators will not do anything about them so be it.

these hurtful trolls who want to destroy your lively hood for some reason.....they think this elevates them.they
bring up things that hive nothing to do with magic.
i have paid my dues for anything I have did here on then Café
period
vinny

r
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Vinny Marini, who is he? (38 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL