The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Brother John Hamman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kenllh
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kenllh
What do you guys think of an 11-hour long show DVD set title 'Lost Works' by him?

Are the teachings clear?

Anyone who watched it care to give a review?

Is it worth USS60?
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5777 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
If they had just put the first DVD and selections of the other five into two DVDs, this project would have been more than worth it. Seeing just how smooth and disarming Brother John Hamman was with his sleights is a lesson few DVDs these days display.

This is not commercial quality footage. This is the film Richard Kaufman shot to remind himself while writing the BJH book. You could consider yourself more a fly on the wall than a student at the table. Explanation is there but not like it would be if this were a teaching video. It is much more like sharing routines in a session, and it very much has that feel due to the low tech production of the filming.

Just sitting down and viewing it straight through is overwhelming, obviously. I would highly recommend only watching one DVD in any given day. That is an entire week of magic for just $60, amazing!!!

I highly recommend this to anyone interested in Brother John Hamman's work.

:cheers:

Tom
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I LOVE this 11-hour tomb of DVD, absolutely adore it.

And the price should be doubbled at least.
This is an opportonity to see a great master perform his brand of magic.

I too highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in card magic.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This is such a wonderful treasure for us. One of the greatest card magicians/inventors captured on film in an intimate setting. WOW!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Wow! I had no idea as to what I was buying. I grabbed the 6 DVD set for $30 PPd at the Café's buy-n-sell. The DVDs are on their way.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Watching Brother John casually share a lifetime of his work in magic is an awesome privelege. The video quality is quite poor, in comparison to today's videos/DVDs, but the material is absolutely first rate. It is such a bargain at the price of $60/6-disc set!
MagicAces
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of MagicAces
What kind of stuff is featured on the DVDs? Is it like expert stuff? I considered buying it myself but for such a low price it seemed fishy.
gentleman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gentleman
Do these DVDs teach the tricks that are on them or do they just show the performance of the tricks?
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Material on these DVDs ranges in difficulty. Nothing is out of reach for an intermediate student. Everything is performed and taught (exposed). Many times, Kaufman interrupts to have something explained more clearly, which is a help.

Certainly, everything I've known of Bro. Hamman is included and there are dozens more that I did not know. I've had this set for months now, and I am not through them. I sit with a pen and paper to keep track of the effects I like and what disk they are on. My intention is to go back to my list after viewing all the material.

A definite good buy.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of chappy
'Seeing just how smooth and disarming Brother John Hamman was with his sleights is a lesson few DVDs these days display.'

Smooth and disarming indeed! These are fantastic. Everyone will learn something from Bro. John Hamman.
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Brother John Hamman (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL