The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mutation by Adam Cooper (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
This looks neat...
says just a gimmick , not a deck to carry...

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Mutat......per.html
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Take my money. I’m a stickler for colour change routines. I love caught red handed and this is on the same level. Good performance by Mr Looseley.
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Both appearances result in the 6 of Clubs...

Is there any other outcome?

~allen
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, Magic from A to Z wrote:
Both appearances result in the 6 of Clubs...

Is there any other outcome?

~allen

The fact that neither are gimmicked I would suggest yes.
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
I wonder...hmmm
Would seem like only the top card
(with the different color)
Is the only gimmicked card...
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Caaught Red HAnded is terrific. Mutation seems to be a direct, very easy to do color change whout any sleights whatsoever. Cuaght Red HAnded is aslo easy to do. WHile I do not have Nutation, there appears to be a few diferrences between these two types of effects. The major difference is that with Caught Red Handed you can fairly spread a good portion of the deck to display the backs of the cards before the color change whereas with Mutation you can only riffle shuffle the corners of the cards. Also, with Caught Red Handed you can give half of the cards to the spectator to hold and the color change for that half can happen in the spectator's own hand (always a plus) and that half can be examined after the color change whereas I am pretty sure that no portion of the Mutation deck can be examined before or after the color change.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I had the joy of having Mutation performed to me at the Blackpool Magic Convention and it fooled me bad! I also LOVE colour changing deck routines but this one is very interesting! Firstly, you see the back of EVERY card in the deck to be red and then (other than the selection in the middle of the deck) you then see EVERY card turn blue! Further more, there isn't anything to hide so to speak. At the end the deck is flung down on the table and freely spread fronts and backs. I had the pleasure of meeting Adam at the convention so I could congratulate him on how much I love his effect. Dave has also added a beautiful moment in which the spectator looks up for a split second and when they look back down, everything has changed. For me, as a spectator, having it performed on me not even knowing it was a colour changing deck, it really was an awesome moment which confused the hell out of me! For only £29.99, this is now my favourite colour changing deck!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Take my money. I’m a stickler for colour change routines. I love caught red handed and this is on the same level. Good performance by Mr Looseley.

Totally agree...must get this
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
You will not be disappointed with Mutation.Got this from Blackpool without hesitation. Excellent visual magic and easy to do, instant reset. Also choice of colour deck you prefer

Great quality great price.

Highly Recommended.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Callisto
View Profile
New user
France
66 Posts

Profile of Callisto
Is it workable for left handed ???
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
So -

1. One can show multiple (many ? All ?) cards the same color before the change ?

2. One can use the deck afterwards for other effects ?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, smikey12000 wrote:
So -

1. One can show multiple (many ? All ?) cards the same color before the change ?

2. One can use the deck afterwards for other effects ?

2. Smile
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Callisto, yes, it can be used in either hand!

smikey12000, every card is shown to be red and then every card (other than the spectators is shown to be red). The deck is a specially crafted deck designed for this effect.

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
Thank you Jamie Daws
Love it when folks come on here
Respect one another and
try to be honestly helpful to one another
And answer sincere questions appropriately
And in good cheer
NO1 MATRIX
View Profile
New user
LONDON - CYPRUS - LOS ANGELES
56 Posts

Profile of NO1 MATRIX
No clear review on here so far needs more open better understanding before people can spend there hard earned cash £29.99 again to expensive I can name 30 decks that give a better wow factor for £24.99 not saying this is not good I'm saying once again over priced Bish bash bosh Magic Critic and performer for over 40 years will come back to this one Smile Smile
MAGIC IS JUST A WORD, IT'S WHAT YOU DO WITH IT THAT MAKES THE WORD MAGIC !!!
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2018, JamieD wrote:
Firstly, you see the back of EVERY card in the deck to be red and then (other than the selection in the middle of the deck) you then see EVERY card turn blue!
Jamie Daws

While I don't own this, I think I have a good understanding of how this works. Saying you see "every" card is not entirely accurate.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, Nick23 wrote:
Quote:
Firstly, you see the back of EVERY card in the deck to be red and then (other than the selection in the middle of the deck) you then see EVERY card turn blue!
Jamie Daws

While I don't own this, I think I have a good understanding of how this works. Saying you see "every" card is not entirely accurate.

Agree with this totally regards Tarik 🙂
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I'm not convinced. It doesn't look like a free choice. And I've seen better color change than this one (A Horse of A Different Color, being one of these). I know this combines prediction and color change, but both effects are not convincing. I prefer having one single high-impact effect than two medium-impact effects.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, Nick23 wrote:
Quote:
Jamie Daws

From a spectators point of view the statement is true and really that in my mind is the one that matters.
When somebody says “the card vanishes” or “I only had three coins in my hand when I closed it and when I opened it there was four” we know that’s not strictly true but if they believe it so well and good 😀
I have performed this a few times so since Blackpool and I’m very pleased with it. I think the card selection process is very fair. They can stop you anywhere and change their mind if they want. Can’t get much fairer, from a spectators point of view of course 😉
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I think I like Caught Red Handed better in that the colour change includes very large markings denoting the card value. It’s an extra kicker I believe. Perhaps you could do the same with this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mutation by Adam Cooper (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL