The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Very Interested in MindBogglers by Dan Harlan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Staggerlee
View Profile
New user
Chicago
61 Posts

Profile of Staggerlee
I can't find a review for these products. I'm wondering if these are sweet effects or just cheesy. Someone borrowed me Jawdroppers and said the effects were cool and I was totally disappointed. They were all cheesy. Please help if you have them or have a link.

Andy
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
952 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Andy,

Mindbogglers is not a collection of magic effects. It is a compilation of the world's best bets, cons, scams, swindles, hustles, rigged games, impossible stunts. These are items that are "related" to magic, but there is very little traditional magic in this collection. This area of study has always held a special place for me. If you like these kinds of things too, then I think you'll enjoy the series.

--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Staggerlee
View Profile
New user
Chicago
61 Posts

Profile of Staggerlee
Wow! thanks for the response, Dan. I am definitely into this stuff. I love going to bars and screwing with people, and I think this collection would make a nice addition.
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
I've watched the first half of the first volume, and I'm really impressed! There is so much material on these, more than you could ever wish for, plus it's all really practical stuff.

Setting the bets as though they were real, added tremendously to the atmosphere of the DVD, and it was only when the 'cowboy' came into the scene that I knew it was set-up. I may sound gullible, but the stuff at the bar really did look real.

Great job, Dan!
Staggerlee
View Profile
New user
Chicago
61 Posts

Profile of Staggerlee
I just ordered the set and I got them for a steal. I just hope I can use these in the real world and fool the heck out of people.
Andy
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
952 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Dr. K--
Strange as it may sound, "Space-Cowboy" is the only non-actor in the whole shoot. He's just a guy who was hanging around in that bar. One of the locals. He actually calls himself Space-Cowboy! I knew as soon as I saw him that we had to use him somehow in the shoot. The only problem was that he thought he should "act" and that's why he comes off very phony. But the truth is he's not much different off camera!
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
427 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Mindbogglers is my Favorite non-magic effects video. It is so fun to watch and there is some useful stuff on these videos/DVDs.

... "Space-Cowboy", my man!
Staggerlee
View Profile
New user
Chicago
61 Posts

Profile of Staggerlee
I bought it and have already started using the stuff. A lot of people---after they've been duped---give me reactions like "that was stupid". I love it sometimes, because I say you're just mad because you lost the bet. Some people are really floored.
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Great stuff, so much useable! "Ben's mother" has been a favorite of mine for several years now! Perfect for when they ask you to "teach them something". Thanks, Dan!
Staggerlee
View Profile
New user
Chicago
61 Posts

Profile of Staggerlee
I used Ben's mother on everyone at work and not one of them got it. I don't anyone would without having heard it before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Very Interested in MindBogglers by Dan Harlan (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL