The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Trick That CAN Be Explained! by Mark Elsdon (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Does anyone have this effect? It sounds sooooooooo good. Hope to see some reviews.

Effect:

The performer introduces a small envelope and shows that there is a playing card inside. He places it on the table and never touches it again.

A participant takes the deck out of the case and shuffles it. They then cut the deck and the top card is immediately turned over. It is, for example, the Seven of Spades. The deck is turned face-up and cleanly spread (on the table or in the hands) to show that there are no duplicates.

The participant opens the envelope and removes the card inside. It is a perfect match. There are NO other outs – the card in the envelope is always the card they choose.

Alternatively you can have a photo of the card posted on your Twitter feed or other social media, or you can message them at the beginning and they check the message at the end.

Works 100%, Fools 100%. Zero sleight-of-hand and zero memory work.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11515 Posts

Profile of John C
I am not so sure about the Fools 100%. As that depends on the audience.

But the rest of the stuff sounds like 95% of this type of effect. It's the how that is important.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Where can this be found?

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It was available at Blackpool.
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Yepski
I think the trick is called “No Way Two Way” and if it is, there’s another step in there. The spectator has to select a small packet of cards, counts those cards, and uses that number to select a card...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11515 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2018, Yepski wrote:
I think the trick is called “No Way Two Way” and if it is, there’s another step in there. The spectator has to select a small packet of cards, counts those cards, and uses that number to select a card...


yes, the how.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3018 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
That effect was on his first Penguin Lecture.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hmmmmm heard this is different

anyone can chime in that saw this at Blackpool
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7248 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2018, Yepski wrote:
I think the trick is called “No Way Two Way” and if it is, there’s another step in there. The spectator has to select a small packet of cards, counts those cards, and uses that number to select a card...


I take it he left Blackpool with a full suitcase.
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Yepski
2 full suitcases... this isn’t amateur hour.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1004 Posts

Profile of rasp
Mark sold out of most of his items, this one included. He has made a few more and then I don't think it will be available until the Summer.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2018, rowdymagi5 wrote:
That effect was on his first Penguin Lecture.


Thanks for pointing that out. Will need to have a look.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
737 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2018, Magic KL wrote:
Does anyone have this effect? It sounds sooooooooo good. Hope to see some reviews.

Effect:

The performer introduces a small envelope and shows that there is a playing card inside. He places it on the table and never touches it again.

A participant takes the deck out of the case and shuffles it. They then cut the deck and the top card is immediately turned over. It is, for example, the Seven of Spades. The deck is turned face-up and cleanly spread (on the table or in the hands) to show that there are no duplicates.

The participant opens the envelope and removes the card inside. It is a perfect match. There are NO other outs – the card in the envelope is always the card they choose.

Alternatively you can have a photo of the card posted on your Twitter feed or other social media, or you can message them at the beginning and they check the message at the end.

Works 100%, Fools 100%. Zero sleight-of-hand and zero memory work.


The effect you mention sounds like 21st Century Canasta by Mark Elsdon.



Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2191 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Yeah, talked to Mark this morning, he said there is no demo of this anywhere, and its a different effect.

I do see a lot of similarities in it being like 21st Century Canasta though, but coming from Mark, this sounds good.

I have a pretty good idea whats at play here, but the effects do have some similarities between them both.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1830 Posts

Profile of Titanas
It's finally available!

The performer introduces a small envelope and says that there is a playing card inside. He places the envelope on the table and never touches it again.

A participant takes the deck out of the box and shuffles it. Then they cut the deck and the top card is immediately turned over. It is, for example, the 7 of Spades. The deck is turned face-up and clearly spread to show that there are no duplicates.

The participant opens the envelope and removes the card inside. It is a perfect match - the 7 of Spades.

AND THERE ARE NO OTHER OUTS - the card in the envelope is ALWAYS the card they choose!

NO sleight-of-hand required. This literally is as easy as it gets!

Alternative endings: You can have a photo of the card posted on your Twitter feed, Instagram or other social media. Or you can WhatsApp or message them at the start and they check the message at the end.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=62435

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
39 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Ok, so it's the fact that the spectator can shuffle the deck that's the real selling point here? Otherwise one could achieve the same effect any number of ways, such as with a S******i d**k or something newer like Position Impossible. The spectator could at least cut the deck using those two methods though probably not shuffle. I've also read elsewhere that the selection is always the same with this one, so I don't know...
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1358 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
A s******i d**k can be riffle shuffled. (although spectators would probably notice something or screw it up)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2774 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Mark sold out of most of his items, this one included. He has made a few more and then I don't think it will be available until the Summer.


Most unlikely statement I have ever heard unless he had 2 physical units on him Gaz 🙂
hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
It was sold out more than year ago and still no one real review!!??
It looks exactly like the 21st Century Canasta with the only difference that the prediction card is in an envelope instead photo in the phone.
The trailer looks terrific so if it’s true here should be hundreds comments and reviews during last year... but there is no even single one... hmmm
Creator of Mental Card, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I find it strange too. It has been more than a year since I started this thread.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Trick That CAN Be Explained! by Mark Elsdon (34 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL