The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Trick That CAN Be Explained! by Mark Elsdon (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
docguitarman
View Profile
Elite user
Thousand Oaks, California
487 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, egoli wrote:
On John Carey's latest DVD - Sweet Simplicity - there is a trick also called The Trick That Can be Explained. Is this the same trick? I just watched it but there was no mention or credit to Mark Elsdon.

Ed

Ed,
Not the same.
Phil
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of Fero
Simple great effect.....
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1966 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Magic Review - The Trick That Can Be Explained by Mark Elsdon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb0sKiBahmo
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of Fero
This is one of my best purchases in the last years!!!
AndrewI
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
I love this trick so much. I've seen a few people here and on shop reviews complain about the possibility of ruining the ability to show all the faces different once the pack has been shuffled by the spectator. Personally I just spread and show the cards are all different BEFORE I give them to the spectator to shuffle.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, AndrewI wrote:
I love this trick so much. I've seen a few people here and on shop reviews complain about the possibility of ruining the ability to show all the faces different once the pack has been shuffled by the spectator. Personally I just spread and show the cards are all different BEFORE I give them to the spectator to shuffle.

That's a really good, simple solution. Thanks
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Surely a br___her does the same? Perhaps I am missing something!
AndrewI
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2019, Philippe wrote:
Surely a br___her does the same? Perhaps I am missing something!

Yes you’re missing the very clever and thoughtful details in this that make it lightyears more reliable than the simple method you suggest when in the spectators hands.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Sorry Andrew 1 but I not convinced by your comment, a b.....er does do exactly the same!
AndrewI
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
Sorry Andrew 1 but I not convinced by your comment, a b.....er does do exactly the same!

My comment is only based on my own experience of both methods. Try getting a spec to cut to your b....er after they have shuffled it to third from the bottom of the pack.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of Philippe
The position of the breather stands out so they cut and complete then cut again. It is so easy but there has to be more to ME’s offering as you insist it is much more?
AndrewI
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
The position of the breather stands out so they cut and complete then cut again. It is so easy but there has to be more to ME’s offering as you insist it is much more?

Hi Philippe, if you have success reliably performing this effect your way, then you are absolutely correct that you do not need this. Personally I have performed it your way in the past and not had reliable success so this idea and purchase has been of great value for me.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3290 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The B c...p and variants of have been used for over 100 years and are completely as reliable as Philippe mentions . Any card that is 3rd from the bottom it would make complete sense to cut and complete the cut before cutting at the natural br..k . Otherwise it would be ridiculous to get your spectator to cut at 90% of the cards down from the face down or up deck ? Gaz 🙂
AndrewI
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The B c...p and variants of have been used for over 100 years and are completely as reliable as Philippe mentions . Any card that is 3rd from the bottom it would make complete sense to cut and complete the cut before cutting at the natural br..k . Otherwise it would be ridiculous to get your spectator to cut at 90% of the cards down from the face down or up deck ? Gaz 🙂

As I said to Philippe, if you find a b completely reliable in the spectators hands then well done, and you don't need this. Although a b is completely reliable in my own hands, I have never found it as reliable with spectators, particularly my regulars who love to assert their own free will by cutting in all sorts of unlikely places!
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of rowland
Looking at the posts on here and the way people are talking about a certain something being unreliable in the spectators hands made me wonder if they actually have the effect.
Mark has done something really simple which makes this effect much more reliable and surefire.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4686 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2019, AndrewI wrote:
Quote:

As I said to Philippe, if you find a b completely reliable in the spectators hands then well done, and you don't need this. Although a b is completely reliable in my own hands, I have never found it as reliable with spectators, particularly my regulars who love to assert their own free will by cutting in all sorts of unlikely places!

Agree Andrew, I to have found the b c...p reliable in my hands but not 100% reliable in a specs hand.

And Rowland, I don't think people believe a b c...p is what is used in this effect, only that this a one method that can be utilized to achieve an effect as such. But it is obvious that there is more going on in this routine than a b c...p.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
Alternatively you can have a photo of the card posted on your Twitter feed or other social media, or you can message them at the beginning and they check the message at the end.

The physical aspect of this trick with the envelop is where it's at, anything having to do with phones or social media screams bullcrap IMO,it just does not hit as hard.👍
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2019, AndrewI wrote:
Quote:

Agree Andrew, I to have found the b c...p reliable in my hands but not 100% reliable in a specs hand.

And Rowland, I don't think people believe a b c...p is what is used in this effect, only that this a one method that can be utilized to achieve an effect as such. But it is obvious that there is more going on in this routine than a b c...p.

Notwithstanding this particular effect at all, I find that if you have two bc's that are opposite in function next to each other then the spec will never miss. Unless the card is third from the bottom like someone else mentioned. There's a thing in The Jinx - which I think was Annemann's - which averts that possibility.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3290 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2019, Piz wrote:
Quote:
Alternatively you can have a photo of the card posted on your Twitter feed or other social media, or you can message them at the beginning and they check the message at the end.

The physical aspect of this trick with the envelop is where it's at, anything having to do with phones or social media screams bullcrap IMO,it just does not hit as hard.👍

Agree with this post and quote a lot Gaz 🙂
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3290 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Drawfull I agree with you too .
I haven’t got this effect but I know how to achieve it .
I also know the variants on it as you describe , I don’t know if or how this differs from that Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Trick That CAN Be Explained! by Mark Elsdon (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL