The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Trick That CAN Be Explained! by Mark Elsdon (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3071 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
It was just released by Murphy's so it will probably get reviewed soon.

Looks like a s*d* c*t m*r*g* deck to me.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1549 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
"the card in the envelope is always the card they choose."

Yes, BUT is it always the card that they CUT TO, or the card that "they choose"? The card in the envelope might be the only outcome but that doesn't mean that the procedure is always as clean as shown. I can't really comprehend how it could always be the card they directly cut to unless it uses a c***p in which case this would really suck and not work most of the time.

Can anyone please confirm?
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
654 Posts

Profile of oombob
It may very well be a soda cat morago deck... but I doubt it.

Quote:
On Jul 10, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

Looks like a s*d* c*t m*r*g* deck to me.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3071 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:

Yes, BUT is it always the card that they CUT TO, or the card that "they choose"? The card in the envelope might be the only outcome but that doesn't mean that the procedure is always as clean as shown. I can't really comprehend how it could always be the card they directly cut to unless it uses a c***p in which case this would really suck and not work most of the time.

There are hints in the video that the deck is gimmicked. If it's what I think it is or similar (see above) then the procedure should be the same every time.

Soda Cat Morago Decks FTW
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
654 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:

To paraphrase... “i am not sure how this works. Can someone please tell me?”
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1549 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2019, oombob wrote:
Quote:

Big difference between "can someone please tell me how it works" and "is the procedure always the same or is the effect description wording misleading?".

"Can anyone please confirm" wasn't directed at asking if it uses a c***p, I was asking to confirm if the procedure is always as described.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
654 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2019, oombob wrote:
Quote:

Big difference between "can someone please tell me how it works" and "is the procedure always the same or is the effect description wording misleading?".

"Can anyone please confirm" wasn't directed at asking if it uses a c***p, I was asking to confirm if the procedure is always as described.

Let me confirm. No c***ps... Soda Cat Marago deck.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
558 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Can anyone confirm the taste of the soda or that the cat gets along with small children? Or is that phishing?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2018, Yepski wrote:
I think the trick is called “No Way Two Way” and if it is, there’s another step in there. The spectator has to select a small packet of cards, counts those cards, and uses that number to select a card...

No you are soooo wrong. Nothing is missed out 😀
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
654 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Can anyone confirm the taste of the soda or that the cat gets along with small children? Or is that phishing?

Grape soda. Cat... indifferent.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3071 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Actually, this new one has a choice of grape OR cola. Updated version.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Great to hear caffeine-challenged magicians are not excluded and an indifferent cat is included in this release. But let's not go any further, to avoid revealing the method. After all, this is the trick that CAN be explained.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I was under the misapprehension it was silly chimpanzee manoeuvre.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

If that would have been the case, I would have been very upset. That is my signature move. It will be released shortly in a limited edition, containing a 1 sentence PDF-file, for $ 175,- .
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3071 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
But seriously, this can be done almost exactly like that with a 'moraga' deck. Only the spectators hand position would change.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Yep.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1507 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
The question is, is the Soda Cat Marago deck in the box and out of the box at the same time?
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
654 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
The question is, is the Soda Cat Marago deck in the box and out of the box at the same time?

That would be the modified, limited edition Schrödinger's Soda Cat Marago deck.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11515 Posts

Profile of John C
So obviously it's the slit card box experiment. Multiple outs?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
The real question is - why an effect which is advertised as a “complete sold out at Blackpool Magic Convention” an year ago still don’t have even one single review from a buyer...

Other important question is how this effect compared to the 21st Century Canasta by the same author which looks completely the same in the trailer videos (with the only difference in the way you show the card prediction- a photo in phone or card in envelope) which now is in sale for 6 usd...

And probably the most important- is the cut method sure enough (close to 100 percent success) or it is based on a method used for example in the 5221 effect which is not so ok when the spectator cuts...
Creator of Mental Card, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Trick That CAN Be Explained! by Mark Elsdon (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL