The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Trick That CAN Be Explained! by Mark Elsdon (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
563 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
This is were you come in, Mark! Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Soda cat...or even Top Cat model of that deck not needed...just an old fashion Popeye should work. But just buy it for the handling & routining that went into this project.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2019, hektormagic wrote:
The real question is - why an effect which is advertised as a “complete sold out at Blackpool Magic Convention” an year ago still don’t have even one single review from a buyer...

Other important question is how this effect compared to the 21st Century Canasta by the same author which looks completely the same in the trailer videos (with the only difference in the way you show the card prediction- a photo in phone or card in envelope) which now is in sale for 6 usd...

And probably the most important- is the cut method sure enough (close to 100 percent success) or it is based on a method used for example in the 5221 effect which is not so ok when the spectator cuts...

Ad says it works 100%.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 11, 2019, RC4MAG wrote:
Soda cat...or even Top Cat model of that deck not needed...just an old fashion Popeye should work. But just buy it for the handling & routining that went into this project.

I'm genuinely asking because I'm surprised, you can have a spectator shuffle a popeyed popper deck?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1222 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2019, RC4MAG wrote:

This wouldn’t work at all. One of the provers for this effect is that you spread the cards slowly and ask them to make sure there are no other duplicate cards. If there lookclose at a deck of pop eyed poppers being spread game over.
dj
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of dj
No Svengali Deck, Mirage Deck or Pop Eyed Popper deck is used in this routine, but something else.
Bob Tucker
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Bob Tucker
I have the trick. Its very clever and the outcome can change with each performance. However a little extra work would entail. Without giving away anything more, I believe it will leave lots of people impressed.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3074 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Hmm, okay, I'm slightly intrigued then.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Can the spectator riffle shuffle or only an overhand shuffle?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1222 Posts

Profile of rowland
[quote]On Jul 13, 2019, Recoplon wrote:
Can the spectator riffle shuffle or only an overhand shuffle? [/quote

It wouldn’t be advised as the trick is supplied but once you have it, you will easily see a way of letting them riffle shuffle the cards
leosx1
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I like the idea per se, but I don't think it is 100 % fire proof enough for me, as there is a slight chance of failure, so I will not be able to perform it unfortunatly.
Sethekk
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Sethekk
Is there anyone who can give a detailed review?

The video looks great but I'd like to know if this looks like the vid 100% of the time ?
Is there lots of set up?
Can the deck can be used for other things after?
Etc.

Thanks
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1508 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
So this is a special deck? Is it a one trick only deck or does it have possible other uses?
I could see the same outcome happening using the same concept that's used in a trick put out by Wayne Fox, which those decks could be used for other things, not just cutting to a specific card.
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
63 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, dj wrote:
No Svengali Deck, Mirage Deck or Pop Eyed Popper deck is used in this routine, but something else.

Smart *** deck?
dj
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, Mr. E. Casey wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, dj wrote:

Smart *** deck?

Only a very, very small part of the deck is prepared.

Darko
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
63 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, dj wrote:
Only a very, very small part of the deck is prepared.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Sounds very interesting.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
613 Posts

Profile of egoli
On John Carey's latest DVD - Sweet Simplicity - there is a trick also called The Trick That Can be Explained. Is this the same trick? I just watched it but there was no mention or credit to Mark Elsdon.

Ed
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
517 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Jheff has some comments on this on his latest newsletter (from last friday)
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
I have used this in my restaurant gig and it hits 100%. It is a great lead in to The Stranger. Literally the only 2 tricks I did all night. You can also use the deck to do other tricks as well. Highly recommend
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 14, 2019, lil_magic wrote:
I have used this in my restaurant gig and it hits 100%. It is a great lead in to The Stranger. Literally the only 2 tricks I did all night. You can also use the deck to do other tricks as well. Highly recommend

It may have hit 100% of the time for you that night but this is NOT 100%. Nobody can honestly say that this is 100%. That's like saying the classic force is 100% if you're allowed to keep trying until they pick the right card.

I see no advantage in this vs a Svengali deck because depending how they shuffle (even with a really quick overhand shuffle), they might ruin your ability to cleanly show the faces of the cards. You might as well just riffle shuffle a Svengali deck, have them cut and show the next card as different from their selection and it'd be the same effect but 100%. Or just use the same principle used here but remove the method that allows you to show the faces because it doesn't always work out anyway (which would turn this trick into nothing new at all btw).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Trick That CAN Be Explained! by Mark Elsdon (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL