The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Last night with Lennart Green (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
Can't really find a 'review' of a show so...

Just wanted to say how amazing Lennart Green’s show was! Saw a close-up show last night at the Castle and I was sitting directly in front and one chair to his left of him no more than about six/seven feet and I couldn’t ever catch him!

When he did his false one card count I know I was gaping. Holding one card in his left and the deck in his right, he counted the one card eight times. Yeah, it was as impossible looking as you can imagine.

Dropping cards all over the place, mixing them up and holding a mess of cards, he would ask for any card. Without looking, he’d reach into the pile and pull out whatever was asked...I mean, I’ll just have to stop here because words don’t do the experience justice.

I’ve thought long and hard about whether I’ll attend his lecture this Sunday. On the one hand, I know that the amount of time and practice necessary to pull off some of his stuff is going to be lost on me and I don’t really want to see how some of its done (so as not to lose the effect of seeing him peform) but, then again it’s Lennart Green and if I could focus on learning just one thing and just enjoy the rest, then maybe there’s something there!

If you get a chance to see him live, don’t pass it up!
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The swedish magicians are very proud of Mr Lennart Green.
He makes all of us feel like beginners Smile
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I'm going to see him tonight.

I can't wait.
John McDonald
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, England, UK
171 Posts

Profile of John McDonald
I am probably committing Heresy here but I was at Blackpool at a close up session where he mixed up all the cards and called for any one and missed. I suppose it just goes to show how hard the stuff he does is and I suppose I was lucky to be there on this rare occasion.

I was able to help him set up his stand at Blackpool and you could not meet a nicer more modest genuine guy.

Lennart Green Rocks!
Best wishes John
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
My dream would be to have the chance to see lennart perform live! I envy you so much. hopefully he will be back in England some time soon, but if not, I guess I will have to hunt him down!
owen
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
I'm equally envious!

John, I'd be interested to know how he reacted when he realised he'd missed? Did he just laugh it off, build the mishap into his routine, get out of it in some other way...?
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
John McDonald
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, England, UK
171 Posts

Profile of John McDonald
He was of course blindfolded at the time so when he picked the wrong card he did not believe the audience and took the blindfold off. Looked at the card as though he couldn't believe it and then promptly put the blindfold back on suffled the cards again mixed the deck up again and asked for a new card to be called. Of course he hit the card! Unless he missed the first time deliberately!!! Cunning swede that he is!!! Smile

By the way if you are wondering how I helped him? I went up to him to say hello and he asked if I had a knife to open up a box of his DVD's. I said no but I have my room key! He said that will do and promptly used my room key to open a pile of boxes containing his DVD's!!!

Small claim to fame!! Smile
Best wishes John
Graham Nichols
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Graham Nichols
I'd love to arrange for all the guys in of his lectures to quickly sneak out after he has the blindfold on. Smile
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Hey, John, didn't I see that key on eBay going for £100!? Smile

And yes, good point, I wouldn't put it past Lennart Green to have missed on purpose the first time around - it'd fit seamlessly into his act I think. Thanks for the clarification.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Did you see him do the effect where he has someone rapidly call out her phone number and then he shuffles the deck and deals out her phone number using the card values to represent the digits? It's great, particularly when the woman's phone number has a zero in it.
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
571 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
I had a wee session with Lennart at Blackpool at about three in the morning talking about TopShot.

Top man.

Take care, Ian
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Has anyone ever seen him do the "Stonehenge" trick? It was about 4 years ago when I saw it (also about 3 in the morning). All I remember is that it fooled about a dozen of us in the room including Ortiz, Wilson, Bannon, Andrus, etc. When asked how it was done, he non-chalantly said "its a bunch of old principles".

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
What is fascinating about Dr. Green is his ability to amaze and entertain lay audiences, while frying magicians. In this, he resembles another master, Juan Tamariz.

I review the new Lennart Green DVDs in the new May 2004 Genii magazine, which is devoted to the late Derek Dingle. Needless to say, I gave the videos a "rave."

Matt Field
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
This is interesting:

Handwriting Analysis of Dr Lennart Green

Matt, it's a good thing your review is positive because according to the above he is "mildly sensitive to criticism". Smile
italianmagi90023
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of italianmagi90023
I think the story of Green and how he became involved in magic is as amazing and entertaining as the magician himself !!!! If you don't know you should check it out its fabulous.

Mike
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Mike, where can that story be found?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
We saw Jon Armstrong, Ken Scott, Jeff Martin and Lennart Green (in that order) and all were amazing. One friend with me had never seen Lennart perform before; he's the most knowledgible I've ever met (history, technique, you-name-it) and he was quite impressed.

And I met the Café's own Lonnie Dilan.

In person. Not a picture.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Last night with Lennart Green (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL