The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » IMAGINATION BOX - by Olivier Pont ( A Review ) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
IMAGINATION BOX, by Oliver Pont, is a unique utility device for magicians. I've got a lot to say... and a wide range of thoughts. The device itself is nothing but a card box.. but it is a highly prepped card box that offers you a wide range of possibilities. First, I'm going to quote the ad copy.. and then give you my take on both the copy and the device itself.

"Think outside the box by transforming one object into another, making items appear or disappear at any time, change a bill value, turn a drawing into reality and more!"

I can't argue with this. You can take the box and make items appear, seemingly out of thin air. You can also use a piece of drawing paper (provided) to make reveals or fulfill predictions. Unlike many effects that are designed for specific situations, a creative performer can develop many uses for the Imagination Box and personalize it in ways that might make him or her the only magicians around performing in that particular way. Flexibility. Perhaps that's a good way to describe it. Like an Okido Box, for example, you are free to use it in any way space and size allows. Coins, cards, small objects, pictures, business cards.. any of these items, and many more, can be vanished or produced.

"I am impressed and very pleased with all the possibilities.." quote from a well known magician.

Can't disagree at all. Just as you can vanish and produce many different type items from gimmicked magical props, you can do the same with Imagination Box.. with an exception - You can actually produce items that appear too large for a card box. One of the ads show a cherry and stem being produced.. and yes, that's possible. The methods and moves are taught, and once the concept is understood, you do have many, many possibilities.

"Discover an endless flow of creative possibilities!"

Like I mentioned earlier, the creative magician will have his hands full with all the possibilities. I don't say this lightly.

Now, the one potential downside. I differ from some magicians. I am not a big fan of DIY effects. I understand that a great deal of time and effort can go into developing an effect. And way more time and effort can go into actually making the effect marketable. Time and effort means money and increased cost. You must assemble Imagination Box yourself.. and it is not something you can do in a couple of minutes. All the directions are included. It's not that it's particularly hard.. it's time intensive.. and I don't have the patience I once had. Maybe that's my fault, and I'm certainly NOT laying blame here, because I don't view it that way.. I'm just more of a straight-out-the-box kind of guy. I would have paid ten dollars more for a finished version.. but that's me.

Building it yourself gives you a thorough understanding of the working and enables you to tweak and repair anything that happens. I know some of you prefer this, and don't view this as a negative. I wouldn't let this stop me from purchasing Imagination Box.

Everything you need to build the device is included.. except the card box. You furnish the box. The instructions are easily understood and are available online. I encourage you to go to Murphy's site and watch the video. It's a very good representation of what's possible. ( .. and I'll tell you this .. the hand holding the box DOES remain totally stationary. The 'magic' happens in a fraction of a second.)

Once the device is constructed, any level of performer can use it. You'll need a quick bit of practice to perfect the handling, but it's not a consideration.

If you like this type of in-the-hand productions, and I do, you'll like the possibilities Imagination Box presents.. Available from dealers who carry the Murphy's Magic fine line of magic products.
Cost.. $29.95

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=61365

Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » IMAGINATION BOX - by Olivier Pont ( A Review ) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL