The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Getting started in Escapes, Help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gary Barnard
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
145 Posts

Profile of Gary Barnard
I don't know where else to post this. I want to start doing escapes and stuff. Where would I get a book/dvd about escapology? I have looked at Dixie Dooley's video. I don't know if that is good or not, can you guys help me on this?

Thanks
Gary

"It's in the very trickery that it pleases me. But show me how
the trick is done, and I have lost my interest therein."
- Seneca the Younger, In his 45th Epistle to Lucilius
(4 B.C.-A.D. 65)
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
There are many fine books on escapes availible from E.A.R.L. and Cannons great escapes.

What area's of escapology are you looking at?

feel free to 'PM' me if you need any info and I will do my best to help or point you in the direction of those who can.
Gary Barnard
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
145 Posts

Profile of Gary Barnard
I am looking for stuff on handcuff escapes mainly. I am interested in all escapes though.
Gary

"It's in the very trickery that it pleases me. But show me how
the trick is done, and I have lost my interest therein."
- Seneca the Younger, In his 45th Epistle to Lucilius
(4 B.C.-A.D. 65)
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Gary there are a few books out on handcuffs one is the HTMK from Ian Mccoll also John Novak. and Dick Norman has one out to. Don,
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
"Modern Handcuff Secrets for Magicians" by Dick Norman is very good information. Well worth having.
The Art of Escape Vol 1 by John Novak (as Don says above) is mostly handcuffs, and I recommend taking a look at earl and Cannons as mentioned by Stuart.
Feel free to PM or e-mail me for any info on older cuffs.

Regards

Riley
magicjames1
View Profile
New user
England
67 Posts

Profile of magicjames1
Things like electronic escape are great if you don't want to be picking locks straight away. It has a great comedy routine aswell if you were to encorperate it into a magic show.

James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Getting started in Escapes, Help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL