The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Trouble editing and posting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
Once I compose a post, I cannot edit or preview it without unintended changes. For example, when I press PREVIEW, there is a long lag, then it appears with an emoji that I did not intend. At this point the program does not let me edit the post or remove the emoji. When I give up and press POST, all I get is another un-intended emoji.

This has never happened before. Can you tell me what the problem is?
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
For example, the emoji above is completely unintended. I think the problem may be worse in the NEW TO MAGIC forum where I usually post.

Cheers,
Teddy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Ted, I've looked at all of your posts and there are no imoji's in any of them. I'm not sure what is going on on your end. You might want to try and delete your cookies and then try to post again to see if the problem is still there. I've tried previewing some of my own posts and the program seems to be working correctly.
Where the magic begins
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
The problem seems to reside in my browser. Google Chrome seems to feel you are NOT SECURE and impedes my ability to interact with the site. I am currently using Firefox for the Café only.

Cheers,
Teddy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Might want to read this topic as it discusses the security of the Café. Your inability to interact wouldn't explain why imoji's appear by themselves though.
Where the magic begins
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Special user
New York, NY
595 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
There is something odd with Chrome. I am on another computer Windows 10, which works better than my Windows 7 computer. But on both, the URL bar says NOT SECURE. I just do not get this.

Cheers,
Teddy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I guess it would have been better if I had attached the link to the topic I referred to above. My bad. This topic talks about secure versus not secure operation on the Café. Read the comments made by Gene

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=50
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Trouble editing and posting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL