The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Waerped and restored / vinny marini (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
This is blast from the past warped and restored a three phase t and r routine .
only one card no dupes or gimmicks card can be signed on both sides....
i introduced this to the Café about 15 years ago and gave out free copies on vhs tapes

https://youtu.be/y89geHREVWs

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Vinny, a torn and restored effect is significantly weakened if the spectator doesn't handle the card after the magic happens. Otherwise, what's the point?
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Let the man be for crying out loud.

I may be wrong Rupert, but it seems like you have a beef with Vinny based on your comments here and on his Penguin thread. Aren't you a Deadhead too? Whatever happened to being "kind"? Remember what Jerry Garcia said about the Dead's music being like black licorice? He said "Our music is like black licorice - those who like it, like it a lot". Well, clearly some people really like Vinny's stuff - enough that he got himself a Penguin lecture.

We all know that it's better to end with a card that is examinable - but that's not the point. There's plenty other torn and restored effects that don't end "clean" too. The point is creativity - and Vinny is a creative guy.

This is Vinny's thing. He created it and he likes it - which is obvious from his enthusiasm in the video. Why jump on his flower garden? It's not as though he's trying to sell this to anyone and as he mentioned, he even gave free copies of this out on VHS years ago - that's pretty generous. I don't know Vinny personally, but it seems pretty clear to me (from his lengthy written record here at the Café) that the man has a good heart and likes to share.

I really don't understand why he has come under such intense scrutiny lately - it's uncalled for, so knock it off. Quite honestly, after seeing how some people treat both he and Harry, I'm scared of growing old at the Café...

Can't we all just get along?

Anyways....good job Vinny and thanks for sharing your passion for the art with us.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
No, I'm not a Dead Head.

I attacked neither Vinny's character nor trick. He's an adult, he can take constructive criticism.

As for "creativity": I can tape a spoon to a shoe and call it an act of creation. But that doesn't make me a "creative guy".
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2018, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
As for "creativity": I can tape a spoon to a shoe and call it an act of creation. But that doesn't make me a "creative guy".

Are you saying that Vinny isn't creative and that he doesn't have a track record of creativity? And with how long he has been in the art, do you really honestly believe that Vinny isn't aware that an examinable ending is better? That's simply pointing out the obvious. Constructive criticism is when you try to help someone by offering some solutions...or at least, that's the way I see it. Otherwise, it's just criticism.

Again, based on your comments here AND on his Penguin thread, from where I'm standing - it sure looks like you're picking at him.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2018, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Quote:

Are you saying that Vinny isn't creative and that he doesn't have a track record of creativity?

Yes. Creating for the sake of creating is Vinny's bag. He's said as much on numerous occasions. And that's great! Whatever makes him happy. But that doesn't mean we have to pretend like a trick is good just because it was "created".

Quote:
And with how long he has been in the art, do you really honestly believe that Vinny isn't aware that an examinable ending is better? That's simply pointing out the obvious.
Constructive criticism is when you try to help someone by offering some solutions...or at least, that's the way I see it.

Obvious flaws warrant obvious criticism. If we really need to spell it out: Don't do the torn and restored ending.

Quote:
Again, based on your comments here AND on his Penguin thread, from where I'm standing - it sure looks like you're picking at him.

Vinny prides himself on telling it like it is. I'm sure the Godfather can take someone telling him his trick isn't very good.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, in this time of Trump in this country and to see constantly what people will so simply just look pass as to flaws, lacks of character, lack of morality, lack of knowledge, lack of just about everything that is holy, and to then watch something like this be so steadfastly petty as to a man and his real tinkering at his work...Well, it really says a lot about the fickleness in us as to this, that & the other. Amazing!

I say, let those that appreciate what Vinny has done and continues to do as to his magic, continue to do that. And let those that see nothing much there, do that too. Obviously his many accomplishments and successes in the past 50+yrs (and to this day) in magic aren't enough for some to see past such twinklings at times of the flame.

Good day to all. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2018, Mb217 wrote:
Man, in this time of Trump in this country and to see constantly what people will so simply just look pass as to flaws

OUCH. All I said was Vinny's trick would be better without the TnR ending. Don't drag that orange dunce into the conversation. (Although I agree with you there.)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ruppert go back some 10 PLUS YEARS AGO WHN I SENT OUT OVER 100 VHS TAPES FOR FREE TO THE MAGIC COMMUNITY MEMBERS.
i received kudos from aldo comlombini. whit hayden, jc wagner ansd many more well know magicians I cant remember.
I don't have to hand the CARD OUT AT THE END BUT IT IS A NICE GIVE AWAY AND ALSO HIDES THE DIRTY WORK.
it doesn't bother me if you don't like me or my work,,,,, MOST OF MY DEMOS ARE NOT POLISHED that's NOT THE POINT
I put up demos for some who may like them and improve on the videos or make constructive criticism.
YOU ON THE OTHER HAND BLAST THE S--T OUT OF THEM PERIOD.....AND ALSO BRING UP MY PERSONAL LIFE TO THE Café MEMBERS TRUE OR NOT..L
Come check out my magic.

Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Vinny, you must be confusing me with someone else. I don’t know anything about your personal life, nor have I brought it up.

Getting back to the trick: Scrapping the TnR ending would solve the major problems. How about ending with the Bob McAllister trick in their hands, instead of your own? That would continue the theme and also lend a natural progression of impossibility.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Rupert, sorry I confused you with some one else ... the attacks on me were personal..
I am not familiar with Bob McAllasters effect if you can point me in the right direction ill check it out
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Quote:
No, I'm not a Dead Head.

I attacked neither Vinny's character nor trick. He's an adult, he can take constructive criticism.

Seriously, do you have to be such a troll all the time? If you don't like the trick just move on. I have no dog in this fighjt, but I feel like you are just toxic for no reason.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Dear lord, does NO ONE on this site know what the word "trolling" means?
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2018, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Dear lord, does NO ONE on this site know what the word "trolling" means?

You are one and you know it. Don't kid yourself.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2018, vinsmagic wrote:
Rupert, sorry I confused you with some one else ... the attacks on me were personal..
I am not familiar with Bob McAllasters effect if you can point me in the right direction ill check it out
vinny

Vinny, the phase where you fold the card into quarters is part of McAllister's Fastest Trick in the Universe. I know it's in somewhere in Apocalypse.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ill do my best to find it at the castle library and if my dea is the same as his I guess great minds come together lol

vinny
Come check out my magic.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Waerped and restored / vinny marini (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL