The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Easy Bend Keys by PropDog (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
917 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Great customer service. Getting new ones in.. Hope they work!
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
162 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Thanks for all the positive comments guys, we always stand by our products and I'd rather lose money and give refunds than have unhappy customers! The trouble with these keys appears to be if I make them too soft, then they can bend back a bit more easily and might snap, if I don't make them soft enough, then the are too difficult to bend. It's trying to get them just right. We're now trying a slightly different key to see if that helps. Those who I have sent replacement keys to will all see these and if anyone wants some free samples to play around with, just drop me an email and I'll pop a could win the post to you. Just the easy bends, not the no bends.
marcrodt
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of marcrodt
Dave,

First thanks for the exceptional customer service!
And second, please take yout time (at least with my new keys that you generously offered).
Better to fugure it out right. I am not in a hurry.

Cheers,

Marc
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ Dave: That's Great and exceptional customer service.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Deej1
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Deej1
Well, despite the Propdog website now suggesting that one only purchase two or three of these to try out, I've worked with just over a dozen...

For me, the prop needed a sensible amount of thought because a client has asked that I give a talk illustrating the difference between your conscious / unconscious mind. In this context, I can already see that the keys are ideal. As with any prop, there are limitations - but nothing that doesn't get buried or turned to a strength by routining and scripting. Personally, I wouldn't be even remotely concerned if one key seems slightly harder to bend than another because - compared to the no-bend key - they're all relatively easy.

Also, I'm not inviting anyone to bend the key back again since I think that's unnecessary. Pace killer for me. As regards the key physically snapping... I haven't had that but in my routine it would take it to another level - I sincerely hope it DOES happen! In any case, if you'd like the outline of what I've been doing with it so far, feel free to PM.

Best regards
Careful shopper & author of 'Magic by phone'
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
917 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2018, Deej1 wrote:
Well, despite the Propdog website now suggesting that one only purchase two or three of these to try out, I've worked with just over a dozen...

For me, the prop needed a sensible amount of thought because a client has asked that I give a talk illustrating the difference between your conscious / unconscious mind. In this context, I can already see that the keys are ideal. As with any prop, there are limitations - but nothing that doesn't get buried or turned to a strength by routining and scripting. Personally, I wouldn't be even remotely concerned if one key seems slightly harder to bend than another because - compared to the no-bend key - they're all relatively easy.

Also, I'm not inviting anyone to bend the key back again since I think that's unnecessary. Pace killer for me. As regards the key physically snapping... I haven't had that but in my routine it would take it to another level - I sincerely hope it DOES happen! In any case, if you'd like the outline of what I've been doing with it so far, feel free to PM.

Best regards


If someone came up to me, took a key and struggled a bit to bend it.. And then it bent slightly.. I’d not be remotely impressed. And neither would the college kids I perform for.. They’d be like “oh cool.. You’ve got strong thumbs nice..”
Deej1
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Deej1
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2018, TheDirectionalist wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2018, Deej1 wrote:
Well, despite the Propdog website now suggesting that one only purchase two or three of these to try out, I've worked with just over a dozen...

For me, the prop needed a sensible amount of thought because a client has asked that I give a talk illustrating the difference between your conscious / unconscious mind. In this context, I can already see that the keys are ideal. As with any prop, there are limitations - but nothing that doesn't get buried or turned to a strength by routining and scripting. Personally, I wouldn't be even remotely concerned if one key seems slightly harder to bend than another because - compared to the no-bend key - they're all relatively easy.

Also, I'm not inviting anyone to bend the key back again since I think that's unnecessary. Pace killer for me. As regards the key physically snapping... I haven't had that but in my routine it would take it to another level - I sincerely hope it DOES happen! In any case, if you'd like the outline of what I've been doing with it so far, feel free to PM.

Best regards


If someone came up to me, took a key and struggled a bit to bend it.. And then it bent slightly.. I’d not be remotely impressed. And neither would the college kids I perform for.. They’d be like “oh cool.. You’ve got strong thumbs nice..”


No, I wouldn't be impressed with that either, and nor would anyone else I know. I completely agree with you.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, though, because that's not what I'm doing: rather, the participant has a key that doesn't bend when they apply considerable force. Then, after some pseudo-hypnotic language, they find that they now CAN bend the key - with comparative ease... And not "slightly", but to 80 or 90 degrees. For me, that's a very effective and credible way to illustrate the point I need to make.

Best regards
Careful shopper & author of 'Magic by phone'
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Payner44
Website seems to be down. Can you get these anywhere else?
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
mroek
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of mroek
Website is working fine now, it seems.
kevin carmean
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of kevin carmean
Just received the replacement keys today and what a difference!! Wow! The new keys bends and doesn't break and it didn't break when I tried to bend it back and it wasn't budging, and it didn't break off. This is an awesome effect! I can see I will be buying lots of these keys! Fantastic customer service. Dave is the MAN.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
917 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2018, kevin carmean wrote:
Just received the replacement keys today and what a difference!! Wow! The new keys bends and doesn't break and it didn't break when I tried to bend it back and it wasn't budging, and it didn't break off. This is an awesome effect! I can see I will be buying lots of these keys! Fantastic customer service. Dave is the MAN.

This is excellent news.. Excited to receive mine now!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I also recieved my replacement keys, and initial testing seems to prove these are better! I’m feeling hopeful!

Madison
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
mroek
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of mroek
I haven't received my replacements yet, but now I understand I really have something to look forward to!
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Creators shouldn't use paying customers as beta testers. While I appreciate Bonz's attempts to make things right I think a lesson has been learnt. Better to properly test a product before launching.

That said I've just been on the new Propdog site and it's outstanding. Well worth a visit.
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
162 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Thanks for the comments guys, good to hear the new keys are better. Thanks for the kind comments regarding the new site Colin! We must have tested a hundred keys when we first did them and they were fine and we've sold about 2000 now and most were fine, it's just that small batch that must not have got hot enough in the kiln and were a little too hard to bend and the attempts to fix these that were left in the kiln to long that made them too soft. It was a learning process, but its all sorted now and the new style keys were all left in the kiln a lot longer, but at a lower temperature, so that seems to have sorted the issue. So anyone with the older style, that has keyosk on it, might still have some from the bad batch, all the new ones with JMA on them should all be fine. It wasn't to do with the brand of keys, it was just that we purchased all the keys from Keyosk and then had to move to a different supplier for the JMA ones.

I've also done a new video about the keys, you can see that here: http://www.propdog.co.uk/easy-bend-key

Regards, Dave
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I’ve bought and they are fantastic, best purchase for ages.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Dave,

got my replacement ones BUT I still can't bend like Mel and Dean in the new video (start @2:45) I WISH I COULD... something is wrong and we are 2 guys with strong hands.

Not again... this is useless for me but I cannot understand how easy they bend the ones in the video. The ones I have will hurt your fingers and can't bend 90 degrees for sure.

Smile


Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
On no! That's gutting to hear.

If I were Bonz I'd pull the product for now and focus on getting the formula 100% right. My recommendation is for Bonz to experiment with the preparation and then spend two to three months in the field using the keys until he experiences a 100% success rate. Only then would I put it back out. One imperfect key used at the wrong moment could be damaging to a professional performance.
mroek
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of mroek
Bonz, if the replacement ones are different, did you also send new "No Bend key(s)" along with the replacements (if people had ordered that in the first place?). Reason for asking is obvious, because the old "No Bend key" style will of course be useless with the new style "Easy Bend keys", since they look different.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
917 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Okay unfortunately the replacements were even worse for me.. I’m saddened because I liked the concept.. But I agree this should be pulled and developed a little more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Easy Bend Keys by PropDog (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL