The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Easy Bend Keys by PropDog (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Bummed because I just bought 100 of these.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Apparently there are still some bugs to work out. That's too bad because I wasn't very happy with the first set I received and was going to send them back for replacement but looks like there may be no point in doing that now. Still seems to be kind of hit or miss as far as which ones bend easily and which require much more effort. The couple I tried in my first set I could not get to 90 degrees.
So now I'm not too sure I could ever have faith in these and trust it to work properly. At least it may take a while I think.
mroek
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of mroek
I received my replacements (and also a few extra) a few days ago, and they are better than the first ones. They seem to not break (at least didn't in my tests), and they also seem to be harder to bend back (which is good).

However, I still think they are a bit too hard to bend. Anyone with strong fingers can bend them, but it takes quite a bit of force, and perhaps so much that the spectators doing the bending may think that there's nothing unusual about it.
Why.So.Serious?
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Why.So.Serious?
So are the new ones better? Cause I’m about to 50 of these. Thanks
mroek
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of mroek
As I wrote, they are a bit better, but still takes considerable force to bend. At least more than what it seems when watching the promo video.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
You cannot be doing it right? I have 20 of the new ones and they are so easy to bend.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2018, Chris Jones wrote:

You cannot be doing it right? I have 20 of the new ones and they are so easy to bend.

I received the newer replacement lot (with some extra keys) and as a test run I tried out six keys at random. A lady could easily bend the keys, exactly the way as seen in the promo vid.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
mroek
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of mroek
Hmm, that is a bit weird. Not sure how it is possible to do this wrong, but I will test some more, and possibly try to do a more scientific test. Perhaps I am just expecting it to be easier than it looks from the video?
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Just ordered a bunch of these Smile
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
I have made a video today just for the people reading and commenting this thread.

Please watch it.

Thank you

Dave
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
When I tested the new batch of keys, I tried to bend them both ways. All of them. All of them were very difficult to bend. To prove it, I even took a key and pressed it against the floor to get more leverage. Still didn’t bend 90 degrees. Now.. I believe you guys obviously, and you say you believe those who didn’t have easy to bend keys.. Then there MUST be an explanation as to why some keys aren’t bending easily.

The only thing I can think of, is the cold. I live in Upstate NY. It’s still snowing here. I’m assuming that maybe if the keys are too cold for too long, it hardens them.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
I asked a friend of mine, who is an expert in metallurgy, and he confirmed your hypothesis may well be correct. The temperature experienced by the keys post treatment can impact their malleability.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
I asked a friend of mine, who is an expert in metallurgy, and he confirmed your hypothesis may well be correct. The temperature experienced by the keys post treatment can impact their malleability.

Ah well that’s good to hear. One step closer to finding this mystery out!

One way for Propdog to prove this theory, would be to place a few in the freezer overnight. Then wait for them to warm back up and see how they bend.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, TheDirectionalist wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, Colin (C.J.) wrote:

Ah well that’s good to hear. One step closer to finding this mystery out!

One way for Propdog to prove this theory, would be to place a few in the freezer overnight. Then wait for them to warm back up and see how they bend.

That's a very good suggestion. Worth experimenting.

BTW I live in WA.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
JohnnyShaker
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of JohnnyShaker
I received my keys today.
Let me say first, top service from PropDog! I'm from Portugal and the shipment was super fast!
I'm very satisfied with my purchase... I tried 2 keys already, and they bend easily.
Now, it's time to do some magic!

I was wondering if someone whould like to share some ideas/routines to use the Easy Bend Keys.

(PS - Sorry for my rusty english)
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
Just re-raising this thread. If you're curious about these keys, definitely get some. The bugs are worked out, they work like a charm, exactly as described / demonstrated in Dave's video above. Easy to bend once, then they get much, much harder to bend. Most folks can bend these easily, unless they're small kids or have some kind of hand problem.

I don't like the idea of bending someone's cutlery, or cutlery in a bar or venue. Obviously, if challenged, and if everyone's ok with it, then it's fine. But "my shed key" seems like a natural metal object that's close at hand.

Rasmus' "Steel" is great also, but not as natural an object. Although the nails are, again, very convincing.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Great ! Do you also get a few duplicates of the real key to switch ? first have it examined then switch it out when you have it signed with a sharpie.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I see now on the website 1.25 each for the regular keys !
Manos Kartsakis
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Manos Kartsakis
I have used both products (easy to bend keys and Steel by Rasmus) and they both work great. I would say that the nails in Steel are a bit more difficult to unbend than the keys once they have been bent. I guess upon deciding which product works best for you really depends on your presentation.
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
Re: examination of the key - I'd be interested to hear how everyone handles this; I'm not convinced a switch is necessary. But if anyone has a presentation where the switch is nicely covered/motivated, I'd be very interested!

I'd also be really interested in routines, scripts etc for this. It's an incredible prop; it deserves a really great presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Easy Bend Keys by PropDog (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL