The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » B'Wave with double blanks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Basic
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
13 Posts

Profile of Michael Basic
Curious if anyone performs it this way? I'm more of a card magic guy than a mentalist, and personally I like performing it this way because its more magic than a prediction.

I start with a modified e.count with a display that then puts me in position to turn everything over and do another count showing both sides of all 4 cards to be "completely blank." Then I go into getting to the spectators card, and finally reveal that the card has now materialized, front and back, leaving the other 3 cards still blank. I like to keep a non gaffed pair of black jacks in my pocket so that after I put the trick away, if someone wants to inspect it, I pull out the proper clean packet.

Just wondering if anyone else uses double blank cards for this, or if anyone has any thoughts?

I think this is my first post on the Café but I'm a long time lurker.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Not in my case.
I tell spectator that we're going to use her imagination and my reality (the packet of cards I put on the table).
Then, since we go through a process that first eliminates a colour and then eliminates one of the two possible cards of the remaining colour, it makes sense that the cards, first supposedly printed, are now blank. In my presentation I give an invisible rubber (eraser for you) and ask her to rub off a colour and so on ...

If your case there's a printing of a card. So the effect on the spectator is quite different. If your presentation is accordingly different to the original, then it could make sense.

One of the first lessons we're taught is: have clearly in mind what is the effect you want your audience to perceive.

Mark
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
I'm not a mentalist either. I do a bit of mental magic, but never with a mentalist approach to it...
In the original B'wave presentation it makes sense you have four cards, since three need to be eliminated.

In your case, why do you have four cards only to print one? You might as well show one blank card and then "print" it. J.C. Wagner had four blanks, but then printed all four of them (see his factory Misprints).

My thoughts, anyway. Free to disagree with 'em Smile

Mark
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2018, Michael Basic wrote:
...Just wondering if anyone else uses double blank cards for this, or if anyone has any thoughts?

I think this is my first post on the Café but I'm a long time lurker.

Dr. Jaks had a cute trick using four blank cards.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Michael Basic
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
13 Posts

Profile of Michael Basic
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2018, mlippo wrote:
I'm not a mentalist either. I do a bit of mental magic, but never with a mentalist approach to it...
In the original B'wave presentation it makes sense you have four cards, since three need to be eliminated.

In your case, why do you have four cards only to print one? You might as well show one blank card and then "print" it. J.C. Wagner had four blanks, but then printed all four of them (see his factory Misprints).

My thoughts, anyway. Free to disagree with 'em Smile

Mark

The way I present it, each blank card represents one of the 4 queens. I'll give the J.C. Wagner thing a look over.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » B'Wave with double blanks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL