The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Close Up Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

StreetWitch
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
56 Posts

Profile of StreetWitch
I'm looking for a small hopefully cheap close up table. I will need to be able to carry it on my back and take it with me on my bicycle. Tables designed for magicians are so expensive, are there any other options?

Thanks
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8362 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Cheap is a rather relative term! What do YOU consider cheap?
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1310 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I brought a Pro Table Base last year. I converted a small round chopping board for a table top. I use it for the Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick. All my props fit in a small shoulder bag which the table fits in to as well. I also carry this in a box on the back of my bike.

I have used it a lot over a very long hot summer here in New Zealand. And it is showing no signs of giving up. I expect it a last and hold up well. Here is a link
http://themagicwarehouse.com/TA9521/Pro-Table-Base.html?c=a&p=table&pn=1&s=d.

Hope this helps take care!
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
722 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Ryan Pulling has a YouTube channel with tips & tricks of the trade. He has a simple portable table that could be made in an afternoon and in a backpack.
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
I have a clarinet case with felt attached to the lid. It attaches to a tripod from an old telescope. The legs slide together and strap to table when not in use. All props store inside case. Easy to carry with a shoulder strap and straps on bike.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1736 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I built one using a picture frame, piece of plywood and homemade mat held on with spray glue. I traveled with it in my car, so the base was no bro lemme.
If you run a search here on the Café, you’ll probably pick up a lot of ideas.
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
634 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of David French
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I use a "folding tv tray". Made of wood, it folds up flat, and fits on the back of my bicycle and I can take it anywhere in the city. Smile

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/p......EALw_wcB

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
whocares
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of whocares
Personally, I think the TV tray is too low. But it is self constrained. And you can use small pieces of PVC pipe to extend the legs with a little ingenuity. If you think it too low.

An aluminum keyboard stand, and flat piece of wood gives you adjustability, a light weight, and you can paint a sign on the back of the flat wood, to start by having it visible while you gather yourself, and then out of sight while performing.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Close Up Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL