The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » When Death Knocks At Your Door (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Dear Friends,

I may be absent a couple weeks on the Café' because Death has chosen to knock on our door. At 3:35 AM our son, Michael, was pronounced dead. His wife had been at a business meeting and came home to find him laying on the floor. The massive hemorrhage from the aneurysm was unsurvivable. We were the last to see him alive and ate with him the day previous and we are thankful for that. He was concerned about my recent heart issue that put me in the hospital a week ago (twice) and I said, "Michael, the truth is we are all somewhere on God's calendar; we just don't know where." Never did I expect his date was earlier than mine. When children precede their parents it seems so unnatural.

Libby gave him a final kiss before we came home to get some rest at about 2:30 AM, thinking we would return this morning to be with family again about 5. We have a clock that shows the time on the ceiling and about 3:30 Libby asked if I saw the shadows and I said no. She said there were a lot of shadows hanging over her and she didn't know who they were and that she felt someone hugging her." Five minutes later, we got the call. She was not asleep and had not had any medication and thinks it may have been the spirit of her son giving her one last hug in her time of grief, just as she had given him one last kiss. Was it? I don't know, but it was a pretty strong coincidence if it wasn't.

I'm not sure how, but the sun came up this morning and people began living their lives as if nothing had happened. This is a difficult time, but we will be okay with a little time.

Thanks Spookies for allowing me to share this story with you. There is so much more I could share but will refrain from doing so at this time.

Harold Harbin, aka Weepin' Willie
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
Sorry to hear this sad news, sending love Brother Willie.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Such sad news Willie. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to you and your family.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
My dear brother - sharing the same profession, we have a hope that transcends even death - it is the hope - the confidence we celebrate this Sunday. That does not lessen the pain of loss nor the grief which is the companion of death. The Bible tells us believers to comfort one another with the same comfort that we have received from the Lord. So, in this most terrible time of grief and pain at the death of your beloved son, please accept my heartfelt condolence and know that you have the arms of prayer from many wrapped around you. I know my beliefs and your beliefs are not shared by many, but it is the faith that sustains us. Today is your Friday, but Sunday's coming. And in that day is the joyous truth for all of us Christians who confront death: He is risen! He is risen indeed.
Kevin Wenker (Winks)
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Dear Willy, or please let me call you Harold this once,

This certainly is a terrible and dramatic event... It is very sad. Losing your child must be the most difficult thing to experience...

I wish you and your family a lot of strength. Although I'm not religious, I will burn a candle for you tonight.

A big hug, Luc.
Pascal974
View Profile
New user
Ile de la Reunion
77 Posts

Profile of Pascal974
My heartfelt sympathy Willie and Libby for the loss of your son.
May you find strength and some peace within.
Pascal
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
My sincere condolences to you and your family.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Will, this is wrenching news. Many of us are "lifting you up" and seconding what Winks aid.

George
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Dayan Ha'Emet, Will. I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. You and your family will be in my thoughts.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
Willie, my thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time.

Bill
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of gostone23
Willie,

My deepest condolences. I cannot imagine a more difficult circumstance. May you and your family find peace during this time.

-gostone23
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Willie, words will seem inadequate. my heart hurts for you and your family. The sorrow you are feeling, is beyond comprehension

I wish you peace and strength.

Kotah
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
My friend, I am so sorry to read this news.

My deepest condolences and profound wish for strength and love for you and yours at this time.

Perkins
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
bud.scott
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of bud.scott
Willie,

I cannot express my sorrow for your loss.

Here is a prayer for the departed: https://www.bahaiprayers.org/depart4.htm

Bud
Dabbler in the Esoteric
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VIII
Order of the Hexidic
North West Gathering of the Dark Magi II,III,IV,V
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Just checking in and want to thank all of you for your.condolences, well-wishes, and thoughts.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, my friend
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Weepinwil, you have brought us so many laughs over the years - albeit disturbing ones - that I half expected your post to be another invitation for some dark merriment. But tragically, there was no laughter here. And it's off-putting to know that someone who can be so painfully delightful, now faces his own kind of pain.

We feel your loss. We all may not be able to empathize through common experience, but we all can certainly sympathize. It took bravery to share your story, and we appreciate that.

Heal. Heal slowly. Heal dearly. Heal knowing that your wife and you put Michael on this earth and he made it a better place.

Those are healing words.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Love to you brother.
Bill Z.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
My condolences.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of balzar
My sincere condolences.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » When Death Knocks At Your Door (36 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL