The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » D'Angelo's Touch by Rafael D'Angelo (91 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys
This is PK Touches on steroids!!!
I have seen Rafael performing this and he killed every magician in Blackpool.
This is a new technique for the PK Touches and its real time and totally invisible.
You guys are going to love this!!!

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=62025

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1629 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
This got released just after Peter Turner's Midas Touch..so I guess there will be some comparisons...

What I want to know with this version is that can you touch another spectator and then in real time the spectator with his eyes closed can raise his hand?

Thanks
Sleepy
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3303 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi sleepy are two completely different things. There is the way to do with two spectators but the real difference here from all the other touches is that you visibly see the performer pointing his fingers ans in real time the spectator will feel the touch. No gimmicks, perform in any conditions and works 100% of the time.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Hi luca when this can be available. in italy? is a dvd release?
best
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Is totally improptu?no props needed?
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1629 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
It says it's a booklet with 15 downloads
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Interesting.
when he does the long distance touch the spec raises his hands.
amazing!!!!
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Real time and surrounded.
im intrigued Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3303 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi guys hope the creator will be able to come here to talk with you, but here are some major points:
1. Can be done sorrounded
2. No gimmicks of any kind
3. Real time touch
4. Impromptu
5. 100% sure fire. The person feel the touch
6. No preparation needed
7. What happen in the person involved it will be impossible to backtrack

I saw this last year and I was fooled badly and also people like Banachek and other great minds have been really impressed with it, this why I thought that it was time to release. Im very happy that Murphys Magic supported me in this production and Im sure you are going to love this.
And honestly for 35$ you can’t go wrong!

Is in preorder to your favorite dealer worldwide
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Perfect! thanks luca. I will order.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
This appears to be the best anytime anywhere no prep pk touch
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10381 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Everyone scrambling to get their payments reversed from Turners version. Lol. This looks amazing and very fairly priced.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Yes I agree
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1674 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I was given a review copy and here are my thoughts:

This is a VERY different type of PK touch routine. So different, in fact, that I'm not sure it can be in the same category. I guess TECHNICALLY it's the same effect, but there are some big differences between this and the typical approach.

I'll list some pros and cons of this version based purely on my own opinions. Before I do that though, I'd like to say that this is best used in an impromptu scenario. I can't really see this being used in a stage setting. I wanted to say this first because it's not a pro or a con since many people don't perform in a stage setting!

Pros:
-No gimmicks whatsoever
-It can be done anytime and anywhere
-It can be done surrounded
-It is truly a real-time PK touch routine
-The spectator feels multiple touches throughout the very short routine (Approximately 5 touches in all)
-You can jazz with the technique and adapt it to get as many or as few touches as you want/need
-They indicate the SIDE they feel the touch on, so you get very specific hits
-No DR
-Everyone can talk freely afterward with no worries of tipping the method
-Easy to perform
-There's nothing that needs to be memorized; once you learn the technique, you'll have it forever
-There's a nice variation where you use your powers to slowly lift their arm

Cons:
-You can't do the typical routine of touching one person and another feeling it
-It feels a bit hectic at times
-The performer must move very quickly throughout the routine which makes it feel slightly frantic at times
-It's not ULTRA clear what is happening, at least it's not when Rafael performs it. He doesn't give any indication of what the routine will be. He begins touching the participant physically, and then half way through, it transitions to him miming the touches. I actually think the audience could miss what is going on for the first one or two "phantom" touches.
-Because of the method employed, you don't have much say in the blocking or choreography of the routine
-Also because of the method, you really can't present it in any other way than the way it is shown in the video with you pushing towards them or pointing towards them
-They feel the touches one at a time (but some may say that's a pro) so you can't ask them how many times they felt it
-You are always very close to the participant. The furthest away you could get would be 3 or 4 feet
-They are many very big movements throughout the routine which feel a bit "forced"
-There are come clothing restrictions

Overall, it's definitely a usable method. I predict some people will be disappointed by the method though. I also have a feeling a lot of people will be scared to perform it. I can also see this being the type of routine that many people will perform VERY badly simply telegraphing the method. It is very easy from a technical standpoint, but it will take rehearsal to get it looking as best as it can. The most important factor in this being as deceptive as possible is ease and relaxation. (Honestly, I think Raphael could work on that to get it even MORE deceptive than it already is.)

I do think it's a workable routine with enough practice. As I said earlier, I can't imagine anyone performing this on stage. This is largely due to the fact that the performer can't have much say over how the routine looks, and requires a certain physical attribute. But in an impromptu scenario when you're out with your mates, this is a great option.

I personally believe this is a good option to have to add into an existing PK touches routine. It may work nicely as a lead into the effect to establish the premise and get some great hits.

Will I been using it instead of my current methods? Possibly, in impromptu scenarios. Definitely not in any professional setting though.

Since people have already made a comparison of this to Peter's touches (even though they have NO idea what Peter's routine is.) As someone who has both I can tell you: I prefer Peter's in every way, shape, and form. Peter's has been worked and finessed like crazy. He squeezes as much out of it as humanly possible. The BIGGEST benefit with Peter's routine is that you can perform it 10ft away from the volunteer. In Pete's routine, the spectator also confirms multiple taps all over their body. Peter's is also very theatrical in the sense that it builds beautifully and dramatically and wraps up perfectly like a present at Christmas. D'Angelo's Touch doesn't build dramatically. You are seeing the same thing over and over again. It can possibly seem a bit redundant. Peter's is fluid and calm. I can guarantee if an audience saw D'Angelo's Touch and then saw Peter's routine, the entire audience would agree that Peter's routine was more amazing and more impossible. I won't get too deeply into the WHY but it has a lot to do with staging/proximity.

Overall, a nice project! It does what it sets out to do, and ticks all the boxes in that respect. If you want a real time phantom touch routine that you can perform casually at the drop of a hat, then this is CERTAINLY a great option. As always, everything above is purely my opinion and I know some will agree and some will disagree. I won't be arguing with anyone in this thread though. Civil conversations are highly encouraged though, and I will do my best to answer any questions you all have.

Madison
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1674 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Update:

I just recorded a video of me performing this on my girlfriend. I can now safely say that ease and relaxation amplified this a TON. After playing with it and watching the video... I like this a LOT. It’s very fun and with the ease added in, it’s very disarming. I will DEFINITELY be doing this in casual situations. I still think there are better options for stage, but casually, this is quite nice.

I will be thinking of how I can present it to it’s fullest potential so that the audience gets a clear idea of what is going on without missing any of the phantom touches. I can’t wait to play with this more!

Madison
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4146 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Madison,

THank you very much for your informative review. I placed an order for it with Penguin even though I purchased Peter Turner's Midas Touch. One can never have too many PK touches.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
922 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2018, MadisonH wrote:
Update:

I just recorded a video of me performing this on my girlfriend. I can now safely say that ease and relaxation amplified this a TON. After playing with it and watching the video... I like this a LOT. It’s very fun and with the ease added in, it’s very disarming. I will DEFINITELY be doing this in casual situations. I still think there are better options for stage, but casually, this is quite nice.

I will be thinking of how I can present it to it’s fullest potential so that the audience gets a clear idea of what is going on without missing any of the phantom touches. I can’t wait to play with this more!

Madison

Madison,

I’d love to see your performance. I really felt strange about watching the way it was done on the demo.. I was turned off by the quick and sudden movements. Made me think as a layperson and become skeptical thinking, “well obviously they feel the air being moved from the quick motions.”
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10381 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I thought the exact thing. I can’t be doing with theatrics. However, if that’s NOT how you HAVE to present it, then awesome. Unless, of course, Maddy’s had a rollicking off Murphys.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Would like to see a live uncut demo of it Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3303 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
HI Madison, just to let you know that Rafael has presented this on STAGE for many years. As all mentalism worker routines, this is something that has to be tested and reharsed in order to perform properly.
I was talking with Peter on facebook (and you know guys we are brother from very long time!) and these are two completely different methods and actually this will work great also with the Midas Touch. As Peter said, is always good to LEARN everything possible in mentalism so that we can expand our knowledge so I think that both the version are worth to study.
I am glad you tried with your girlfriend but I really hope you will do in real paid gigs to appreciate the power of it.
Best
Luca
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » D'Angelo's Touch by Rafael D'Angelo (91 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL