The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Omen by Chris Congreave (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1917 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Omen was one of the highlights from Blackpool and I understand why.
This is a worker, the effect is super clean and I'm sure you guys are going to love it!

More info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=61809

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1674 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks like they are Bicycle cards.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1520 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Is this a re release?
I have something very similar with Richard Bellars on the demo.
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
Is one envelope used as shown in the demo or is it multiple outs ? Tom
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1520 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8045 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Icontact is a classic.
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
Not keen on multiple outs or the Sv dribble or cut force as itís not always 100% reliable especially with a badly cut deck . Better versions are possible to make yourself with Ddeckers or the smart a.s principle and a reg deck I believe Tom
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3565 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
This is an update of icontact that resolves the compromise with the freely named card. The smart ass princip;e would not be suitable for this effect and not really sure double deckers would be as good as a solution. As far as the principle not being 100% reliable, I demmed sevens well over 100 times a day for at least a tear never had a single failure, in all my years using icontact and now Omen as well as other effects using this principle Iíve never had a single failure. If you fail with a Sven deck you either have an extemely badly cut deck or poor technique.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5653 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2018, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

If you fail with a Sven deck you either have an extemely badly cut deck or poor technique.

YES.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8045 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2018, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
This is an update of icontact that resolves the compromise with the freely named card. The smart ass princip;e would not be suitable for this effect and not really sure double deckers would be as good as a solution. As far as the principle not being 100% reliable, I demmed sevens well over 100 times a day for at least a tear never had a single failure, in all my years using icontact and now Omen as well as other effects using this principle Iíve never had a single failure. If you fail with a Sven deck you either have an extemely badly cut deck or poor technique.

Mark

Agreed 100 percent. Why would you ever replace a Sven deck with thin cards and glue. No way Jose.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3565 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
As far as the effect goes I carry this everywhere and it gets incredible reactions. I use the envelopes from Harpacrown and a H***er wallet so that the prediction is up front from the start. I loved icontact but this just takes it to the next level and the reveal really hits hard.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Saw this at Blackpool & Peter demmed this on me.

Watched it & knew what was happening & then he hit me with the unexpected ending.

Needless to say I bought it & use it.

Chris Congreave never lets me down & this is a worker.

Excellent Chris & thanks Peter for producing this.

Alakazam are great.

Mike Donoghue
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5653 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Comparing the effect and its WOW factor between Icontact & Omen, I personally feel Omen is the better of the two.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
746 Posts

Profile of roblane
Does this come pre-printed, or is a little prep required?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
I carried icontact around with me for at least three years, went through at least 3 decks....Iíve had this for a couple of months and icontact has been put to bed! This is brilliant, it solves the one compromise that icontact had...when Iím performing to Just a couple of people I bring my parapad into play, instead of asking the first spectator to name any card I get them to think of a card and write it down so only they know what it is.... this makes for an even more impossible reveal at the end. I actually carry this in my little door box so I have 2 fantastic effects with the deck instead of just one,
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8045 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Iíll stick with icontact only as itís more compact. Both as strong as each other imo.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Iíll stick with icontact only as itís more compact. Both as strong as each other imo.

Your right, they are as strong as each other but I love the fact I can use my little door box with it, I couldnít do that with icontact
I use my jol shogun wallet for my everyday wallet so carrying the outs isnít a problem They are both fantastic effects
chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
Hi folks, I use this a lot, as well as the free choice at the start, you also get some much free-er displays of face and back at the start. I carry the necessary in my normal wallet which is out before the effect begins. Gets great reactions for me. I hope you enjoy it. Smile
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
Mark I also can cut 100% every time to the force card on a decent Sven deck . I was referring to the spectator cutting and I have sometimes had them miss it so maybe a poorly I contact deck I had then . Itís the spectator who has to cut in this effect not the magician I believe Tom
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2018, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark

Agreed 100 percent. Why would you ever replace a Sven deck with thin cards and glue. No way Jose.

You do not need the thin cards just the smart a.s principle in a 52 card gaffed deck can achieve exactly the same effect with just one card in one envelope and a fair show at the start with a in the hands spread Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Omen by Chris Congreave (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL