The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rick Roth's Latest Scams (Outlaw Effects) (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
burgerinc
View Profile
Regular user
Sin City
196 Posts

Profile of burgerinc
It's going to be no surprise to hear about Rick Roth's latest scam.
Last year he emailed me without prompting th at he has Death Comes Knocking ready to ship the following Monday. He also said he had a special Ouija board ready to go. In fact as a repeat customer and him needing to move it. Ii could keep the board if not happy.
Needless to say nothing. In fear of legal action he said he was boxing up 2 boxes of other items to go towards. Nothing, nothing, then oh they came back. He then offered rights to his boiktest. I said send me details. Never heard from again. Now I see he sold them to Vic at Gemini. Vic is good with me and he has no fault. Rick is just a scumbag.
I also told him how the financial part ruined my relationship. He couldn't even empathise as he's so self centered, he could only blame Tim Wisseman. He can't blame him, he said they were ready to ship.
He also tried getting me to use PayPal as family to avoid fees.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Unless I am dealing with a trusted seller, whenever I hear the suggestion of using the family option on PayPal, bells go off in my head. If I am still interested at that point I will Google "PayPal Fee Calculator" and pay the difference the seller will lose with the PayPal fees. It's still far, far cheaper than losing your rights to dispute an illegal sale.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
burgerinc
View Profile
Regular user
Sin City
196 Posts

Profile of burgerinc
I certainly didn't take that option. It's just slimy.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
So true
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Fed up. Ordered from RR. No delivery. Loads of promises. All lies.
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Wow, what a surprise!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
His site has been down for awhile now. Anyone who hasn't received his or her orders by now is unfortunately, probably S.O.L.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
You'll never get it... just as the many victims here will never get an apology, let alone an admittance of culpability from Rick's shills, sycophants and accomplices here who helped keep the scam running for so long. Years actually. You know who you are and should be ashamed.
professortango
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of professortango
So glad Tim reached out to me when I ordered off of Outlaw this last spring. Called Rick's bluff, disputed with Paypal and ordered a similar effect elsewhere. Saved me a few hundred and insured my upcoming show had its finale.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2018, Lucien Astor wrote:
You'll never get it... just as the many victims here will never get an apology, let alone an admittance of culpability from Rick's shills, sycophants and accomplices here who helped keep the scam running for so long. Years actually. You know who you are and should be ashamed.

Yeah, I fear I am one of those who may have mislead others to purchase through Outlaw, and if so, I DO INDEED apologize. Rick never burned me. I had delays, but received everything, and the quality was fantastic (of course now we know why that was). I mistakenly assumed that others were receiving the same great service and wrote quite a few favorable reviews. Now I feel I was played, for having bitten one of the few good apples, and then telling people where the tree was.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
You know what? It is time to let it rest. I was burned by Rick and annoyed at the time by his defenders....but, their error was one of support and loyalty. They were as burned - if not more - as were those of us who lost money. Because they had that trust betrayed. So, Lucien, and any others - lay it down. Your continued anger and animosity only eats away at you from the inside.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2018, Winks wrote:
You know what? It is time to let it rest. I was burned by Rick and annoyed at the time by his defenders....but, their error was one of support and loyalty. They were as burned - if not more - as were those of us who lost money. Because they had that trust betrayed. So, Lucien, and any others - lay it down. Your continued anger and animosity only eats away at you from the inside.

I agree with Winks. It's like digging up the same corpse over and over again. There is no closure. There comes a time when you should just let it RIP!
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2018 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Winks, thanks for your statesmanship. It is, indeed, time to learn from the experience, experience closure, and move on.

Once we do, I suggest it is still appropriate to be concerned for Rick, and pull for him. Many people like him and have believed in him. If his intelligence in this field could experience some healing and restoration, he and we would be enhanced. Let me commend those who know him best to help him as they can.

Many of experience a rough patch, sometimes self-inflicted. An appropriately supportive community (without co-dependency) can help work wonders over time.

George
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I am sorry, George but I cannot in any way pull for Rick. He is a thief, he is a liar, and he has committed fraud against many. He needs to know the legal and moral consequences of what he’s done.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2018 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Actually, I was expressing the hope for redemption or life-change-for-the-better. I know that is not a trendy perspective, some would say Pollyanna. But I observe it often enough, and have experienced some of it myself, so let me at least try to keep the rumor alive.

George
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2018, Winks wrote:

AMEN!!

Every time I see a new thread started or a post on an old one, I think to myself, "enough already"!!

We all know about Rick (add nausium). He was once my friend, then he ripped me off (many times), now he's not! Can we please let this die already!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
AMEN
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I don't see why... This has gone on for years, so plenty of victims are at different stages of their 'grief'...let them get it out of their system...
I've asked to be banned
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
I wondered what's changed. Every post on "Rick's behaviour" was disappearing very quickly before. Now that he is our of business the admins have no problems with it?
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I just have one eternal question—why Monday? He always told me the same thing he told everyone... shipping Monday. Why was that ALWAYS the magic day? I literally don’t think he ever told anyone that his phantom shipments were coming on Thursday... always Monday..!

That is what haunts me...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rick Roth's Latest Scams (Outlaw Effects) (34 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL