The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » A late bloomer (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tendrecube
View Profile
New user
Brussels
3 Posts

Profile of Tendrecube
Hi folks,

I'm 44, from Brussels, did a bit of magic as a teenager and got back to card magic less than a year ago as a medium for anxiety management.
Lots of cards and recently started to play around with coins too Smile
EllisJames52
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh PA
51 Posts

Profile of EllisJames52
Welcome! Do you ever get a chance to perform?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Welcome to The Café Tendrecube!

You'll find there are many talented card and coin magicians here who have a lot of valuable knowledge and experiences to share. Enjoy your time here!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Tendrecube
View Profile
New user
Brussels
3 Posts

Profile of Tendrecube
Well James.....I always keep a deck with me wherever I go, so I can practice sleight of hand and flourishes....
And perform almost everyday in front of coworker or whoever I come up with along the day....

no magic without performances...:-p
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Tendercube,

I find Practice, especially deep practice, exploring the finer details can be relaxing (and exhilarating). I enjoy Flourishing cards as well.

I'll see you in the fora.

-Mary Mowder
Tendrecube
View Profile
New user
Brussels
3 Posts

Profile of Tendrecube
Yup, there is a meditative side to repeating the gestures, the script, the words,.... and as without performance there are no magic, is a good incentive to get out of your bubble meeting people....
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Couldn't agree more. Meditative, and gives you a good feeling when you finally get it. Just like it clicks in the brain. Welcome to the forum 😊
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Trying to learn card magic actually induced anxiety for me hahaha but I know what you mean. Welcome! And I just got back into it in my 30's, so I don't think 44 is bad at all.

Plus, I once read about a man on here who didn't get into magic until he was in his 70s. I think that's pretty cool.
Tendrecube
View Profile
New user
Brussels
3 Posts

Profile of Tendrecube
Smile Smile Smile lol

Quote:
On Apr 17, 2018, Race Blakhart wrote:
Trying to learn card magic actually induced anxiety for me hahaha but I know what you mean. Welcome! And I just got back into it in my 30's, so I don't think 44 is bad at all.

Plus, I once read about a man on here who didn't get into magic until he was in his 70s. I think that's pretty cool.
paulalpha
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
75 Posts

Profile of paulalpha
Welcome Tendercube:

This is a good place to join. I too returned to magic late in life and am having a blast. If your local community has any brick and mortar magic shops, make sure you visit them. If there are any local magic clubs make sure to join them. I wander about big box stores performing close-up magic for the store personnel. They like it and I get in valuable practice/ performance time.
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
I also re-entered magic later in life.

Two items got me up to speed.

Card College 1-3

And Harry Loraynes Best Ever series....the whole thing..it's addictive.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On May 1, 2018, paulalpha wrote:
Welcome Tendercube:

This is a good place to join. I too returned to magic late in life and am having a blast. If your local community has any brick and mortar magic shops, make sure you visit them. If there are any local magic clubs make sure to join them. I wander about big box stores performing close-up magic for the store personnel. They like it and I get in valuable practice/ performance time.

Great idea about the big box stores!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » A late bloomer (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL