The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Low cost Busker's Table at Walmart (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
It does look very nice, BUT, it weighs 24.2 lbs!!! Lugging THAT, plus your props, will certainly give you some exercise.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I was thinking it would be more appropriate as a practice table...at home! You would definitely have to lighten it up to use on the street...
EllisJames52
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh PA
51 Posts

Profile of EllisJames52
It’s a home gym and card table all in one!
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
One option: Separate the Table Top and use it with a light weight tray stand. Just a thought...
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
My table has a hardwood oak top and most likely weights at least twenty-some pounds. Part of the job. Smile

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Had to buy one. Free delivery and literally 1/2 price.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
These tables are way too heavy.
these tables are only 29.5 inches tall, seemingly meant for sitting at, not standing at.
these tables are 32 inches square which seems like a very odd shape, adding too much weight and surface area where it's not needed.

these are not good for busking, imo.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
The bottom of the legs look as if they’re in a permanent V shape. Will make it a bit more difficult to carry and store. Plus, do the various drawers (and cup holders) lock into place? Otherwise folding it up you’re going to have drawers falling out and cup holders swinging out.

On bright side, with cup holders, you could add a new twist to cups and balls routine.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I bought one. Removed the drawers and the legs. I use it with a wooden tray stand. The top is well built, and the weight isn't bad. Of course, your mileage may vary.

sdmagic
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

I thought you were just going to use it for a practice table? if so why remove the drawers and legs?

I'm confused.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'm a bit confused, also. (For the same reason as "Ambitious".)

PRACTICE TO IMPROVE >>>SKILLS<<< REHEARSE TO IMPROVE >>>PERFORMANCE<<<
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
He never said he was "just" going to it as a practice table, and he expressed thoughts of using it on the street from the get go:

Quote:
On Apr 11, 2018, sdmagic wrote:
I was thinking it would be more appropriate as a practice table...at home! You would definitely have to lighten it up to use on the street...

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Sorry for confusing everyone. I removed the legs because a tray stand allows me to adjust the height (important for my Cups and Balls routine). I removed the drawers because they were too narrow to be of practical use. The table top is very sturdy, and the felt is high quality. For $50 it works for me.

Others may not like it or think it is worth the money. As I said.. your mileage may vary.

I hope this clears up any confusion.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

If you use it, $50 is worth the money and a great deal.

if you don't end up using it, then it will be a waste of approximately $50 Smile

Most people that post about crap they see online and claim it's "awesome for busking" usually do so, sight unseen, and don't back it up with a purchase and a test drive.
They don't check the weight, the height, how it might blow away in the wind or just fall apart.

You followed thru I applaud you for that.
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
If you lot are looking for Table Ideas for busking......go onto Flick'r and type in 'Street Magician' in Search.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?sort=date......magician

You will see a whole lot of people that actually work the streets and the tables they use.

You won't see any of them using cheaper/heavy tables from Walmart, Home Depot etc. Fine for playing and at home....but pretty impractical for the real thing.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Yes over 20lbs for a table used in busking would be quite heavy. Anybody not thinking so has never worked the street. Also a table made of wood and felt would be ruined with one rain storm. I suggest a metal type case like this https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Briefcas......se&psc=1 with some folding table legs attached https://www.magictricks.com/table-base-eureka.html or you could just buy this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UmHdBSHPE
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
"Accessories includes: 4 drink holders" - That's all I needed to hear. Sold! Smile
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
OK, finally found it. This is the table that I'm using now. It's a folding side table. There's nothing here about the weight or anything, but I guarantee it's less than 20 pounds!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Per......39131547

The original model was white, and had a thicker top. I like this one better.

A problem with the table was that family members would say; "Oh, let's use this for now and when you need it for your show, you can 'clear it off.' "

There are currently two white tables and one black table that are so covered with stuff, it's impractical to even consider using them. Another black table was being used, but I got it back and will be taking it out when the weather and my schedule permit.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
[quote]On Jul 9, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:
OK, finally found it. This is the table that I'm using now. It's a folding side table. There's nothing here about the weight or anything, but I guarantee it's less than 20 pounds.
[quote]
Actually, if you click on “About This Item” and scroll to the bottom, you’ll find its 6.1lbs.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Low cost Busker's Table at Walmart (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL