The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ghost System by Lloyd Barnes @Ellusionist (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Okay. I'm not feeling well, but these (sti***rs), and I don't see any instructions or a link to the effect. Sorry to be such a dunce, but.......HELP! Thank you.
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
The instructions are in the 'My downloads' section of your account with ellusionist.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Any plan to release this in Red Bikes?
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2018, BritishMagic wrote:
The instructions are in the 'My downloads' section of your account with ellusionist.

Sorry, they are not there. ???? But thanks.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
I'm not stealing it. If I figured it out I wouldn't tell anyone how it works anyway, *that* would be stealing. Lloyd deserves to profit from his creation. Further, perhaps my method is not his method? I have no idea. His could be far superior. At any rate, if I can figure out a way to do an effect on my own there is nothing unethical about it.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2018, DavidKenney wrote:
From E by email .....

Q. Why Blue Bikes only?
A: Blue bicycle rider back cards are incredibly popular. If you're a magician you either have one, or can go down to your nearest costco/walgreens/barnes and noble to get one... Making it the perfect universal design for this first volume of the Ghost System.

Thank You for the informative post, David. Too bad Illusionist avoids the question within the answer.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2018, docguitarman wrote:
If I figured it out I wouldn't tell anyone how it works anyway, *that* would be stealing.

Nope, that wouldn't be stealing either.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2018, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Ehh the trailer pretty much exposes what it is by sticking a card under it

That's good, it helps those make a more informed decision about a purchase.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
For those who prefer red Bikes, I don't see an issue with using a blue card box to keep red bikes in.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2018, EZrhythm wrote:
For those who prefer red Bikes, I don't see an issue with using a blue card box to keep red bikes in.

Or take the blue deck out and do a color change deck effect to red and just say you prefer to use red cards.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
All I've seen so far is the tutorial download, but the effect and method are very clever, IMO. If the gimmicks, when they arrive, look as good as the one in the explanation download (which was filmed quite close up), this will be a definite winner. I like the way they have the tutorial divided into mini videos of shorter duration. Makes it easy to find things. And Barnes has a nice way of explaining thoroughly and succinctly.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Say "succinctly" ten times fast.
jugagien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of jugagien
I agree with Maxfield. For the price, I think it's a deal.
Good product. I like it.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2018, jugagien wrote:
I agree with Maxfield. For the price, I think it's a deal.
Good product. I like it.

I might have missed it but did you mention that you purchased it and have it now?
Mrmagic123
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mrmagic123
I am just curious they talk about how practical this is is Lloyd a working performer
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
226 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
No reviews yet?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Not only would it be good to see some reviews but some reviews on spec's reactions. I'm not going to use that silly term, "the real world". The same nine reviews on Ellusionist don't really say much except that it is, excellent, the best, AWESOME and practical.
jugagien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of jugagien
I'm waiting for my lunch to microwave so here's my brief review to aid my fellow magicians:

OVerall 7.5/10.
Summary : it is true it can get everlasting with the gimmick if given the proper care. Performance is good, I tend to use quarter for the disappearance. It is practical and can be done at a moment's notice.

Cons - My drawback is that I would not recommend doing this if spectator is inches from the box. Once the coin disappears, you see a "gap" at the logo of the box that says something is off. It's hard to explain but long story short, don't have someone too close to the box. YOu cannot have the spectator inspect the box or else they'll find the coin. Another drawback is that if CLOSELY inspected, you kinda see the brief outline of the coin unless you shift the coin to the left corner. The black circular logo of the box kinda hides it.

As I said, for the price it's a cool trick.

Hope this helps!
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
I think that the coin production is a bit stronger than the vanish. After the production, there is little chance of getting caught and you can show the box up close.
jugagien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of jugagien
Quote:
On May 3, 2018, bosque wrote:
I think that the coin production is a bit stronger than the vanish. After the production, there is little chance of getting caught and you can show the box up close.

That is true. Production would be a bit more cleaner. However, you still can't hand out the box for inspection because if they screw with the cellophane, you're screwed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ghost System by Lloyd Barnes @Ellusionist (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL