We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for a reeel / ITR recommendation (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
351 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Hi guys and gals,

I’m looking for a reel to pull a lightweight box off a table in a parlour show.
The thread doesn’t have to be super invisible, but I wouldn’t want it super easy to see either.
I’d want to lock it at one length and also lock how far it retracts if possible.
I need 5-6 Feet in length cord.

Any suggestions?
FrankFindley
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
How far does the box need to be pulled? The full six foot?
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
351 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Roughly. Could be less
Sabrina
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
94 Posts

Profile of Sabrina
Is this going to be on your body or elsewhere? Reason for asking is it becomes more expensive if remote control is needed.
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
351 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
No. One end attaches to the box sitting on the table. The other end attaches to the table underneath.
Thus, then activated, the box gets pulled offf the table and underneath it.
Hope that clarifies things.

Dan
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5062 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Depending on your budget you could use any of several items from Steve Fearson’s site starting with his super strong X2 Stage Thread
https://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?m......s_id=225

You could put an X2 Thread Bullet in a Cobra Reel and take advantage of several mods available like the timer mod or the remote mod.
https://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?m......s_id=435

I have the stock reel with the included mods and love the thing.

The stuff is strong enough to pull a skateboard uphill so I think your application will be easy
https://youtu.be/X_oVGuB1b3Y
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
FrankFindley
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2018, MagicallyMe wrote:
No. One end attaches to the box sitting on the table. The other end attaches to the table underneath.
Thus, then activated, the box gets pulled offf the table and underneath it.

Sounds like you could use a standard magicians reel with button/pull release with an appropriate length lead of it on the end. This would give you both the locking and the retraction limit (since lead would not enter reel).

Depending on table you could potentially ditch the real and go with a hanging weight method too.
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
351 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Funny you should say that Frank. As a proof of concept I did something along those lines. Handed considered using that in the real performance, but I will start to noodle it over.

In there of “standard reel” I need one that’s gotm4-5 ft in length and is decently strong (able to pull approx 2 oz. I’m looking at Poof Daddy’s recommendations now.
Do you habpve an6nyoud recommend?

Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for a reeel / ITR recommendation (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL