The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Fenton reproduction handcuff beaten!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
At the Indy escape artist convention (2004) Mr James Peters (UK) has slipped the shackles of the Fenton reproduction handcuff made famous as the lock/handcuff that Houdini wouldn't try twice.

I was told in a phone call by several people (in a noisy and crammed hotel room) who wittness the feat, that James, under great pain and suffering slipped his left hand first. Many didn't believe that he would be able to slip the right as it obviously caused pain and swelling when he pulled the first hand from the cuff, but he did.

Congratulations to you James. I thought it wouldn't and couldn't be done. You now have a page or more to write in an escape history book. Great work.

All the best

Ian
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Go James!!!

I wish I could've been there to witness it.

Did anyone get it on video? If so, will it be going on the web? If not, will you be going for a second take so it can go on the web?

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
James you the Man. Now all they have to do next time is put a set of handcuffs on the person trying to get out.
Anyone know why Houdini did not attempt this? Since it was said that he could get out of anything. Don,
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Roslyn,

I asked the same question, Was it on video? The answer was no but there photos were taken. The smart reply from someone was to have him do it again the following day for the video camera. James I guess would have seen the funny side but his pain threshold wouldn't.

Don,

If you have seen the photos of the Fenton. It was presented to Houdini as a lock for him to open, Houdini said it was the most complicated lock he had ever seen (in his times) and added that it was just a lock and not a restraint. Mr Fenton added the pillory half stock to it so it could be used as a cuff and challenged Houdini again. And again Houdini wouldn't try it.

James if you read this I want a signed and dated photo of the event.

Ian (with head still shaking)
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
James - congratulations !!!!
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Well done James!
Don't worry about the pain I didn't feel a thing! Smile

Riley
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Wow!

Well done James. Congratulations

Stu
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
I thought I should announce that I beat the Fenton for the second time last night, and without slipping my hands out.

I defeated the mechanism directly, leaving the cuff in an unlocked state! Smile

Talk to you guys here on Tuesday when I'm back in the UK!

James.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
You ROCK, James! Who da man? YOU da man!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
James, please explain. I was told that you had slipped the cuff on Saturday, how could you bypass the mechanism for the second attempt. Again, any video or photos.

Ian
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
James now you're just showing off!!!

I, as I'm sure are most of us here, are both jealous and proud of your achievement. Please say you got footage of it this time.

Roslyn (really wishing he went to the convention now)

PS

Does anyone have any pictures / diagrams of the Fenton lock / cuff itself?

Thanks,

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
James, I am totally blown away by this! Not once but twice! Not just slipping out (OUCH!) but defeating the contraption! You rock!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Great work James. Hope you got some framable pics!
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
dylan1961
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of dylan1961
Congratulations James!
With a hectic and frantic dealers room so busy it was I who accompanied James to a more secure location and applied the handcuff. I kept the key and James, in approximately 4.5 minutes, returned the handcuff to me off and in an open state. VERY impressive. Several of the other escapes James performed at the convention were very well received and he impressed many of us there. I hope to see him at next years convention!
John Bushey
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I want to pipe in with one other amazing James escape from a new (Pakistani?) strait jacket, supplied by Joe Lauher it was a triple loop, "shoelace" tied strait jacket where the side loops are attached from the jackets arms to the side.

I will post more on Indy in the convention area of the board when I can.

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Congratulations James! Smile

We're sooo proud of you. Smile

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
James,

Great work,even the Great Houdini would be
amazed!WALK PROUD JAMES....

May You Always Escape,

Steve Baker,MR. ESCAPE
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Well done once again to James!
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
That's a real accomplishment James and one you should be proud to talk about. Congrats! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Seems like James was the Bigger hit then the First Days Stunt/Act whatever that was heard nothing on the News about it here. Don,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Fenton reproduction handcuff beaten!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL