The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Opinions on a portable working table a la The Pro Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13387 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Here is a link to a working table/case.
Does anyone use this?

http://www.empiremagic.com/docs/assy18.html

It looks like a good idea. It could work pretty well for everything except street magic, it seems.

It is $350. however, are there other similar ideas for cheaper? Lighter weight, locking,
cheap, working surface, right height to work from?

Thanks a lot,
frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mauro
View Profile
New user
Italy
49 Posts

Profile of Mauro
Hi Frank,

A friend of mine uses a "table/case" similar to those you have shown...
He bought it somewhere here in Italy so I don't think it could be useful for you if I will tell you exactly where...
I think that if you have the time and the desire.. you can do one on your own.. with your specific need.

I think a cage/table like this is useful to transport and store object even if you are on stage... In my opinion a table like this it is not particularly elegant but....
Sure its usefulness can compensate for his little-grace.

ciao
Mauro
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
You might look for what was/is called a "lap desk" (desk, NOT dance). These are rather shallow wooden boxes with a hinged lid. The lid is attached at an angle intended as a writing surface. This slight angle improves visibility of your performance. The interior of the box is compartmented for storage.

You might find one at an antique shop. I got mine at a "house sale." These "desks" are easily modified by adding a simple latch, a carrying handle, changing the compartmentation, mounting a closeup pad on the outside of the lid, etc. They are great for closeup. You could also mount an appropiate flange on the bottom and carry a lightweight tripod such as is used for photo lights and music stands.

And, if you can't find one, you could build one with fairly minimal effort.

Hope this helps,

LongTackSham
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
night
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of night
I sell them in 2 sizes. And I have used mine for over 10 years and it still looks great!
Sets up in two seconds to become a working table and closes in two seconds to become an ideal carrying case for any type of act.

Made of 3/8" plywood then glued and nailed for strength. Covered with a charcoal color nonwoven poly fiber for the distinctive look of a pro. Won't scratch like paint. Velcro compatible.

Large table measures 24x13x27 closed. Open it is 25x13x39. $299.99

Small table measures 18x13x26 closed. Open it is 18x13x27. $269.99

Both sizes available in Black or Charcoal.
Plus P & H.

http://www.magicstudioonline.com
go to the magic studio side then magic items, then new and it will be on the 4th page. E-mail me if you need any help.

Michael Night
http://www.magicstudioonline.com
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Opinions on a portable working table a la The Pro Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL