The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Fundraising for Children's Shows (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Randy The Magicman
View Profile
New user
Belleville
3 Posts

Profile of Randy The Magicman
Any suggestions for fundraising literature or lectures gearing towards getting sponsorship for children's shows?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Since no one lse has posted to assist you, let me start it off. Fundraising and sponsorships can really be two different things, although some fundraising programs may include sponsorships if that's what you mean.

What kind of children's shows are you thinking of here? Public? Private? Or something else? What has your experience been so far?

There was an interview on David DiVinci's Magic Master Summit last year with a performer, Garry Carson, who does a fundraising program similar to my own and I believe it included sponsorships too. Also, Kaplan's program was popular a decade or so ago, but many didn't seem to be willing to put in all the work and some found it pricey for their initial interest, but those are a couple to you could check out to get you headed in the right direction.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I'll echo what Mindpro said. I watched Gary Carson's presentation on the magic master summit and I own Kaplans course. Both are good places to start.
I personally feel like Kaplans course was well worth the money and would work very well but it requires a lot of work and commitment to getting it up and running. But that's true with any business.

Gary's system is a bit more work for you, but he gets more money per show than Kaplans system gets.
Gary Carson also did a follow up "facebook live" a few weeks ago with David davinci... David tried Gary's formula and gives his results.

You can also check out Stan Kramiens books, available as e-books. They are very old school, and use the old "phone room" methods but it gives a good background of how the current systems came to be.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Just catching this thread now. I cannot recommended Garry Carson enough! Great stuff!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Jim Snack's "Magic Show and Ice Cream Social" is also worth a look, for family performers. $15 for the download.

http://www.success-in-magic.com/store/

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
tcrufus
View Profile
New user
Pacific Northwest
52 Posts

Profile of tcrufus
Donald, have you purchased Jim Snacks download?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Yes. And I've heard Jim speak on webinars and at conferences, over the years.

However, it should be noted that I was already doing fundraising / family night shows at schools before I read it. So, I just wanted to see his perspective on the topic.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, Jim's a very sold, basic fundraising program. Not as in-depth as the others mentioned but still great for the situations.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Oops, meant "solid"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Fundraising for Children's Shows (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL